Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build won't power on!

Options
  • 26-02-2021 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Just finished my new build. Power seems to be coming to the motherboard as there is a bit of rgb on the motherboard.

Nothing happens when I press the power button. Any and all troubleshooting suggestions would be welcome.

This is the 3rd pc I have built (1 for me, 1 for a friend) but flukely the other 2 went perfectly so I didn't have to troubleshoot anything so wouldn't know where to start now.

I have checked the power switch, hdd led and reset switchs and they seem to be connected correctly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Just finished my new build. Power seems to be coming to the motherboard as there is a bit of rgb on the motherboard.

Nothing happens when I press the power button. Any and all troubleshooting suggestions would be welcome.

This is the 3rd pc I have built (1 for me, 1 for a friend) but flukely the other 2 went perfectly so I didn't have to troubleshoot anything so wouldn't know where to start now.

I have checked the power switch, hdd led and reset switchs and they seem to be connected correctly

Starr unplugging things one by one until something happens

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

I have had power switch cables go on me...maybe try unplugging it and trip the two connectors?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

What mobo is it, make sure you have the power and reset cables going to the right headers on the mobo. Very easy to mix them up....maybe the actual power switch on the case is gone? You could cross the 2 pins on the mobo for it to boot eliminating the switch and just see if it will fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭J_V_C

Same thing's happening to me.
    I powered down, checked the power switch, jiggled it a bit, powered up, it worked. A bit touch 'n' go but hey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Make sure motherboard is on its standoffs and not touching off the case causing a short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Forgot to update. After an hour of depression, I re-read the motherboard manual for about the 5th time and realised I had the power switch in the power led header.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Forgot to update. After an hour of depression, I re-read the motherboard manual for about the 5th time and realised I had the power switch in the power led header.....

That series of little connectors catch alot of folks out.

Advertisement