Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FZ6 Frame Sliders

Options
  • 27-02-2021 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Have no sliders on my FZ6. Was thinking of getting them and installing but heard that it might not be best idea because the frame is weak where you attach them and would end up cracking it if it went down. Anyone any experience with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Every bike I've seen dropped without crash bungs/bars has had the crankcases damaged, you can ride home with a damaged frame you can't move with damaged crankcases.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

sm3ar wrote: »
    Have no sliders on my FZ6. Was thinking of getting them and installing but heard that it might not be best idea because where you the frame is weak where you attach them and would end up cracking it if it went down. Anyone any experience with this?

I've never heard that happening with standard ones just those extended ones.
    They technically have been known to flip bikes in some instances.
    Most drops happen at home at the damage a simple standing drop can do is head wrecking.
    Ultimately they're like a condom I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Don't buy cheap crap you'll be grand, or buy crash bars on some bikes they actually look good

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

I have Givi crash bars on mine (also Fz6) which I put on after I'd already dropped it and scuffed up the clutch cover (& bust some fairings).

Haven't dropped it since (been some near misses though!) so can't comment on whether you're better off or if it can be more harmful but I echo Mjolnir - rather have them on than not and they look well too!

For reference like these - https://www.motocard.com/en/engine-guard/givi-tn358.aspx?country=IE&currency=EUR&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvvKBBhCXARIsACTePW-A95EcNiaN9G8FvVwHGa09wKzq6r7lPUUFVSG44IpDX-a9OBfAcVYaArcVEALw_wcB

I have heard/seen plenty of examples where they bung types have cracked the frame because all the force is on one point - why I opted for the bars instead.

Advertisement