Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW 26 Match Day thread - the biggun'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It's escaped me that Ruben Neves has become the new Gundogan, indeed only Gundo had scored more than him since the start of the year. Has Nuno given him more licence to attack? Their fixtures from 31 onward are decent. 5.1 and on pens.

Mostly just the fact that they got 2 pens in a 5 game spell, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Lundstram wrote: »
    61(-4). 13 to go.

Any considering getting Lingard? Leeds at home next, then United away and Arsenal at home in the skinny week.

He won’t play against United but that Leeds fixture is very appealing for a player like him on the counter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Incredibly disappointing day yesterday. 20 from 6 including captain (effectively 20 from 7 as Barnes won’t play midweek now) leaves me on an underwhelming 57 (-8) with DCL to go in the first round of games. Will have up to 13 playing midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lundstram wrote: »
    61(-4). 13 to go.

Any considering getting Lingard? Leeds at home next, then United away and Arsenal at home in the skinny week.
    Considering him, although he can't play against United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Considering him, although he can't play against United

For all yee guys with strong front 8, it's easy to bench him for that game :)

• Advertisement

Pogue eile wrote: »
    In fairness it was Sheff Utd, and even at that they should have conceded.
    eggy81 wrote: »
    They looked terrible though particularly kabak

Yea but it's Philips that has tended to be on the bench - probably the only fit CB at the club since start of season, and instead of playing him, Klopp goes out and buys two more CB's - and has yet to even play Davis ???

Henderson and or Fabino would have been were more effective in midfield and just put Phillips in CB.

Long story short - a nailed on Phillip at 4.0 would be gold. CS points at best, cheap guaranteed start on bench at worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Davies picked up an injury after joining so hasn't been fit enough to play, let alone start.

He's been on the bench twice - Brighton the day after he joined the club. He wasn't going to start there. No manager worth their salt starts a player the day after joining a club, let alone a club in trouble. The other was the Everton game. This was Kabak's 2nd league game at the club. Again, no manager puts a new CB partnership playing together in a derby match, where the duo had a combined 1 game between them in the division.

Kabak looks shakey alright, but he is the more nailed CB option of the 2 in terms of FPL IMO.

Fabinho should come back into the starting line up on Thursday, and hopefully Alisson too. Both players will increase the chances of a Liverpool CS. This is also offset by the increased attacking threat of Chelsea. Where Fabinho plays is a bit up in the air. Many fans want him played in midfield instead of defence, but I think he may come into defence. Keita being back in the squad adds a midfield option again, albeit from the bench for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

SameOleJay wrote: »
    72 (-4), 13 to go and I tcd Kane.

Happy with that and my MRs have hit a wall. Eric Dier is an almighty pain in my arse though.

Yeah that was the one major dagger to my heart in what has been a poor enough start. I'm glad to have faded the huge Kane, Bruno or Salah hauls though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Newbie20 wrote: »
    Yesterday you weren’t sure how you felt when Stones scored and you had him. If only you knew then that was going to be the highlight of your weekend you might have celebrated!
    Only messing ha, hope the arm is alright.

Haha true! Cheers in the hospital since this morning haven't been here in years!

Plenty of time to go over my team ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Having a very rough time at work at the moment and only got to check on team now. 59(-4). While a small green to 103k, DCL will murder my rank and murder me in mini leagues if he scores.

Disappointing that all 5 of my midfielders blanked and Barnes got injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm too scared to check my rank/points this week!

And it's going to drag on until bloody Thursday night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm too scared to check my rank/points this week!

And it's going to drag on until bloody Thursday night!

Even if I have a good second half of the gameweek, it will only probably bring me back to average at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I suppose there's no way Dier gets back in now that Spurs are after keeping a clean sheet? Mourinho likes to keep his selections fairly static I think. Only have two points coming off the bench so the prospect of Dier v Fulham would be welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

keane2097 wrote: »
    I suppose there's no way Dier gets back in now that Spurs are after keeping a clean sheet? Mourinho likes to keep his selections fairly static I think. Only have two points coming off the bench so the prospect of Dier v Fulham would be welcome.

Wouldn’t see him changing it either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

siblers wrote: »
    Even if I have a good second half of the gameweek, it will only probably bring me back to average at best.

Same.

Checked this afternoon.

37 on WC.

Dias got me 10 and I was off to a flyer of a GW. All downhill from there incl 12 from Kane (C).

13 to go incl Barnes so really 12.

NHEWT.

DCL and Holgate hopefully do the business tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm not sure what he means by this - is he hoping that Holgate can cover DCL for him, or does he mean that DCL is not playing tonight?

https://twitter.com/FPL_Rockstar/status/1366402357727272968

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

When I read that I took it as he doesn’t have DCL and hopes Holgate can match his points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Fitz* wrote: »
    I'm not sure what he means by this - is he hoping that Holgate can cover DCL for him, or does he mean that DCL is not playing tonight?

The former.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Fitz* wrote: »

He is only fresh enough from injury. I do think it's plausible DCL starts one game from the bench. They don't want a reoccurrence again. Unlikely, but it was one of my reasons for choosing kane.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    He is only fresh enough from injury. I do think it's plausible DCL starts one game from the bench. They don't want a reoccurrence again. Unlikely, but it was one of my reasons for choosing kane.

He started the last game from the bench, the scenes in here come 7pm if he's on the bench again though:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Ricky TC, punt city. Never will i be anticipating a Monday night Everton v Southampton fixture and team news this much again :pac:

Go Ricky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Dice75 wrote: »
    Ricky TC, punt city. Never will i be anticipating a Monday night Everton v Southampton fixture and team news this much again :pac:

Go Ricky

I'm on 3x captain DCL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

McCarthy dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

McCarthy dropped.

Finally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    I'm on 3x captain DCL

Yeah so has my main sidebet rival.

Were having great fun this season as we arent allowed have any players the same and yet we are both in the top 50k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

DCL starts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Dice75 wrote: »
    Yeah so has my main sidebet rival.

Were having great fun this season as we arent allowed have any players the same and yet we are both in the top 50k

Haha sounds good I was at 60k start of week back to 90k now.
    Hopefully a good night for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

SOUTHAMPTON TEAM NEWS

Team to play Everton: Forster, Bertrand, Salisu, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Ward-Prowse, Djenepo, Armstrong, Redmond, Adams, Ings.

Subs: McCarthy, Stephens, Tella, Ramsay, N'Lundulu, Ferry, Jankewitz, Watts, Chauke.

EVERTON TEAM NEWS

Team to play Southampton: Pickford, Godfrey, Holgate, Digne, Keane, Allan, Gomes, Doucoure, Sigurdsson, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin.

Subs: Virginia, King, Iwobi, Nkounkou, Bernard, Broadhead, Astley, John, Onyango.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

No James Rodriguez in squad.😟

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Should have chanced Forster on the wc, it's been coming.

Advertisement