Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW 26 Match Day thread - the biggun'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

siblers wrote: »
    Sterling could have had a monster score tonight. He'd have scored if Dendoncker didn't get the OG.

Laporte's goal was very harsh to be ruled out

Sterling could have had a monster in pretty much every game he has played this season. Can't shoot, won't shoot comes to mind. Any when he does shoot how many are on target

As Harsh as Laporte's offside might have been, there have been numerous others this season so just another one of those. This time though it was the linesman that gave the offside, so for those that use the clear and obvious rule for VAR - well it wasn't either of them imo, and so you'd stick with the offside. When lines are drawn it's offside, but the decision was made on the pitch by the linesman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I said it about cancelo before his monster haul when everyone got him. I'm not sure he's actually the most assured finisher etc. He has very low returns for data he posts. Also the rotation is a real pain now. I will get rid of him for cresswell after next few GW. Perfect swap out. Keep Dias.

On 67(-4) tho so keeping with a small green arrow so far. If Bruno stays quiet and kane does well again I'll be right in the running for money leagues I am in.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Nathan Ake back in training for City now makes the defensive rotation even more of a ball ache. I’d assume he’d see more time at left back than CB? Might be time to just keep Dias and dump the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Nathan Ake back in training for City now makes the defensive rotation even more of a ball ache. I’d assume he’d see more time at left back than CB? Might be time to just keep Dias and dump the rest.

That’s my plan before 29 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

PhilipsR wrote: »

I'll probably get rid of one of my City defenders down the line but I think there is some logic in keeping 2. Pep rarely subs on a defender so if one of your guys doesn't play someone else can sub in for them. Obviously a strong 4 or 5 defenders would be needed in your squad but I think it's a decent strategy.

Obviously big double gameweeks like this one are the outlier as your City defender may only get one game and block your sub defender who might have had 2 (that's why I benched Cancelo this week). Normal weeks that won't be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

The last city DGW I had Mahrez and Jesus. Got zip from them then and promptly sold them the following week after that punt.

Only 2 starters from 6 this DGW. I expected Gundog would miss one game so that was fine. I accepted the risk around Stones but he had been rested recently so thought he was in with a good shout of playing both. Poor Foden though. No starts and only one bench appearance. He's such a talent but that's city for you. Ederson is the main banker but if they tie up the league sooner he could become a risk also.

Anyway, time to take a few chips off the Pep Roulette table and play some Mourinho Snap, Solskjaer Solitaire or Rodgers Rummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Martinez starts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

LEICESTER TEAM NEWS

Team to play Burnley: Schmeichel, Amartey, Ndidi. Soyuncu, Pereira, Choudhury, Mendy, Tielemans, Castagne, Iheanacho, Vardy.

Subs: Ward, Fofana, Albrighton, Under, Fuchs, Thomas, Leshabela, Daley-Campbell, Tavares.

BURNLEY TEAM NEWS

Team to play Leicester: Pope, Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Taylor, Brownhill, Westwood, Cork, McNeil, Vyrda, Wood.

Subs: Peacock-Farrell, Stephens, Rodriguez, Pieters, Bardsley, Long, Dunne, Richardson, Benson.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

ASTON VILLA TEAM NEWS

Team to play Sheff Utd: Martinez, Elmohamady, Targett, Mings, Konsa, Nakamba, Ramsey, McGinn, El Ghazi, Traore, Watkins.

Subs: Heaton, Taylor, Luiz, Trezequet, Barkley, Engels Sanson, Davis, Hayden.

SHEFF UTD TEAM NEWS

Team to play Aston Villa: Ramsdale, Baldock, Stevens, Bryan, Ampadu, Jagielka, Fleck, Lundstram, Norwood, Brewster, McGoldrick.

Subs: Foderingham, McBurnie, Sharp, Mousset, Lowe, Burke, Osborn, Ndiaye, Maguire.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

A Villa clean sheet and a Pope CS or penalty save tonight would be delightful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

I desperately need a Vardy party

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

I have Martinez pope mee Shaw wan bissaka tonight and oh Fernandez, hopefully few boring matches tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Not too confident of a Ricky P cleanie with Evans out

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Vydra goal (no assist)

Not too confident of a Ricky P cleanie with Evans out

Yep there we go

Good save Pope to deny Choudhury.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

paulie21 wrote: »
    Vydra goal (no assist)

Got Vydra on WC as a cheap playing fodder. For my bench!

Also have Pereira so no CS.

FPL Gods are out to get me this GW.

Villa cleanie gone

McGOALdrick

McGOALdrick (Baldock)

1-0 SHU

Edit: @extragravy got there before me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

iheanacho goal

mailburner wrote: »
    iheanacho goal

Ndidi assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Jesus Christ! Four CS gone in 90 seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Double Burnley & double Villa CS wiped. I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Benimar wrote: »
    Jesus Christ! Four CS gone in 90 seconds!

I had 13 games from my 2 keepers and 5 defenders. Two CS out of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Lol tonight has started well ffs!

Great save from Schmeichel to stop a Tarkowski header.

Henderson is supposed to be starting for United

Schmeichel superb save from a Wood header.

• Advertisement

Jagielka red card

Advertisement