Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport - Sterling coins exchange

Options
  • 27-02-2021 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

Is there one of those coin machines in Dublin Airport that accepts bulk amounts of Sterling coins and gives out Euro? Like the Coinstar ones in Tesco.

I've about £50 here in shrapnel, won't be hitting UK or NI anytime soon and I'm in Swords, so it's within my 5km.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

KevRossi wrote: »
    Is there one of those coin machines in Dublin Airport that accepts bulk amounts of Sterling coins and gives out Euro? Like the Coinstar ones in Tesco.

I've about £50 here in shrapnel, won't be hitting UK or NI anytime soon and I'm in Swords, so it's within my 5km.

Thanks

You can only enter the airport if you are flying or are staff. I have seen any machines like that in the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

Not aware of one ever having been there. Generally the bureau de change operators don’t want foreign coins.

You’d probably be better off just holding onto it until things get back to normality, hopefully, later this year and next year and if you’re heading up north bring it in the car and use a coinstar machine there.

The airports aren’t open to the general public due to COVID-19. You need to be travelling or working there to get in at all and you’ll also likely encounter Gardai asking about essential travel. I wouldn’t bother going tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭KevRossi

OK, thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

KevRossi wrote: »

Thanks
    There is a Coinstar in Tesco in Swords.
    https://www.coinstar.ie/findamachine?SearchType=Address&SearchAddress=swords

• Registered Users Posts: 10,107 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Pat Dunne wrote: »

OP is looking for one to take sterling coins. I've never heard of anywhere in this country taking sterling coins.

• Advertisement
Advertisement