Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from the soccer forum

Options
  • 27-02-2021 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

I was banned from the soccer forum for calling out an opposing rival fan, a Liverpool fan who regularly frequents the man united forum to wind us up. he is subtle in how he does it but if you check his history you'll see. Check the post I was banned for and tell me where it is offensive, I merely called another poster out for trying to wind others up. Further, the Mod gave two yellow cards to myself and the other guy who also called out a clear attempt at winding opposing fans up and did nothing to the Liverpool fan. whats up with that?
    Also the mod gave a warning and then one minute later banned me, didn't give me a chance to reply to the warning, is that allowed? Don't you need two yellow cards to be banned?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You do realise it's a condition of applying for access to the Soccer forum that you confirm you have read the forum Charter?

That Charter includes an explanation of the forum "totting up" process. Your ban was triggered by the yellow card. It is not a case of giving any warning of the ban - it's all there in the Charter

Now equally there is a procedure set out at the head of this forum for appealing any card or ban

Can you confirm whether you have attempted to resolve this directly with the mod via PM?

If the yellow card stands the ban automatically follows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Beasty wrote: »
    You do realise it's a condition of applying for access to the Soccer forum that you confirm you have read the forum Charter?

That Charter includes an explanation of the forum "totting up" process. Your ban was triggered by the yellow card. It is not a case of giving any warning of the ban - it's all there in the Charter

Now equally there is a procedure set out at the head of this forum for appealing any card or ban

Can you confirm whether you have attempted to resolve this directly with the mod via PM?

If the yellow card stands the ban automatically follows
    I read the charter and I accept the ban but I'd like to complain about the Mod. Look into the post he banned me for, and look into the post I flagged as an opposing fan trying to wind us up. His ban was harsh to say the least and the fact that he didn't do or say anything to the offensive wind up poster speaks volumes. And yes I spoke with the Mod and he is happy enough that my post was against the rules or his interpretation of the rules. what can any of us do when a Mod has that type of power? Who moderates the Mods when he is clearly out of order.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Are you appealing the card?

If so, can you please post your PM conversation with the mod, and a CMod will look at this for you

If you wish to complain about moderation without appealing the card you can start a thread in Help Desk. Please note it is not permitted to post PMs in Help Desk without the permission of the sender

Marking resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement