Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The game mechanics you never get bored of

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Games with lots of interconnected systems where the developer says screw balance go have fun.

So games Like FF8, FF Tactics or Rogue likes were there's loads of interconnected systems which are rife for abuse and can be broken wide open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Bomb Jack. You can use the jump button to launch and then tap it to hover and strafe to collect those bomv multipliers and also smash the enemies after a well timed collection of the power pill. That plus the corresponding sound FX and music. That's pretty much the game. But that's genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Breath of the wild.

Getting the timing right and deflecting the guardian lazer beam, with a pot lid. Oh yeah!

Paragliding.

Gyro control on the bow. Cutting that lantern rope with precision over the conveniently placed exploding barrels from a distance. Those Bokoblins are dangerous but dumb! Straight out of the Road Runner playbook :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Triple jumping in 3D mario games.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Loved the fishing in Ocarina of Time and Breath of Fire 3 two of my favourite games never did catch the damned Hyrule Loach.Fire Emblem three houses brought back memories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Loved the reward of ammo from melee finishes in Doom 2016#. Haven't played Ultimate yet but hope it's still there.

Also loved the bullet time in the original F.E.A.R.

Back in my WoW days, I played a disc priest. The mechanic of hitting an enemy and healing the lowest nearby friend was ridiculously satisfying. I think they lost that after I stopped playing.

Advertisement