Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three throttling speeds?

Options
  • 27-02-2021 9:07pm

At my parents house where they use the €20 per month prepay sim in an old mifi device, the speed started off really good after paying for the month now just a few days after the speed has fallen to 1mb as I type this post. The router is in its usual location would it be worth my while complaining to Three about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

EditiorSean and others have looked at this, Three dont bother with traffic shaping heavy users. There are boardsies pulling 1TB+/mo with not a peep.

Depending on the device they may be very limited in what bandwidth they can access, Mifi units are meh at the best of times. If its their permanent connection buy something decent.

Thanks that's good to know about Three, I apologise I'm not the most technical of people I'd greatly appreciate if someone could recommend a decent 4g router and maybe an external antenna just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bazrushe

Thanks that's good to know about Three, I apologise I'm not the most technical of people I'd greatly appreciate if someone could recommend a decent 4g router and maybe an external antenna just in case.

I use a three payg sim €20 a month with a huawei b525 router and atk mimo lte external antenna very happy with this,i set the band to 2100mhz which has the best speed.Tried 4g+ only getting 15/20 but drops to 4/5 mbps in the evening.Have a huawei cpe pro 5g router but no 5g in my area yet but there is coverage about 3km away which ive tested on my phone speeds were not great.The huawei routers are best in my opinion.

Thanks. Yesterday I got round to buying an old Huawei B593s-22 for €65 from a company in Lithuania. I chose this model because I read it's supposed to have good antennas for receiving a signal and was recommended by an Irish blogger on his site.

Here's the link for anyone who is interested they still have two available as of the time of writing this post.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Huawei-B593-B593s-22-LTE-CPE-4G-4xLAN-USB-Wifi-Mobile-Router-Unlocked/184333785263

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Thanks. Yesterday I got round to buying an old Huawei B593s-22 for €65 from a company in Lithuania. I chose this model because I read it's supposed to have good antennas for receiving a signal and was recommended by an Irish blogger on his site.

Here's the link for anyone who is interested they still have two available as of the time of writing this post.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Huawei-B593-B593s-22-LTE-CPE-4G-4xLAN-USB-Wifi-Mobile-Router-Unlocked/184333785263

Hows this going for you Clear Air Turbulence?

Have a tp link router at the moment and looking about getting a 3 sim, At the moment id use about 500Gb of data a month and was looking about getting the €30 a month 3 package that covers 750Gb but just wondering,Am i correct in saying three don't really cut users off for heavy users on prepay?(20 euro month)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

They don't

548533.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

They don't

548533.JPG

Nice one, cheers for that smuggler.ie

Sorry for the delay in replying, since getting the new router the speeds have improved somewhat although its still relatively slow when its raining heavily outside although I'm sure if you lived in a less remote location you would have a better service. the service is mostly good enough to watch YouTube and Netflix which is a major improvement over the previous MiFi device

Advertisement