Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post - parcel with tracking no gone missing

Options
  • 27-02-2021 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I had a parcel that was supposed to be delivered to my Kildare address. It never arrived, and the seller agreed to send a replacement. The replacement was sent to the family home in Wexford, as it was for my sister's birthday. The sender/retailer sent the replacement on Monday. It arrived in the Waterford sorting office on Tuesday, and was put out for delivery on Tuesday afternoon. There was no one at the family home until Friday. Both neighbours were in and did not receive a parcel. An Post are saying they delivered it. No one was here until Friday. No one signed for it on Friday. None of the neighbours - 2 on each side signed or received a parcel for me. What can I do? I paid for it a month ago with my credit care, so I suppose I can claim on that? However, An Post saying they delivered a parcel with a track and trace, when no one has received or signed for it, and I haven't received or signed for it - what can I do about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭del roy

Ask them for the P.O.D. signatuure.

Proof
    Of
    Delivery

Who signed for your parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hannaho

They said there was no signature on it. When I put in the tracking no it says there is an option on the tracking history to see who signed for it, but when I go into the tracking history there is no option for me to see a signature. When I asked them whose signature was on it, they said 'no signature.' The item was 74 euro plus postage. It was a birthday presents I'm really annoyed about it. Where can I go from here with it?

The company/person that sent it must have paid a premium for a signature service.

GET ON TO THEM TELL THEM YOU DIDN'T GET IT. THEY IN TURN WILL CHASE UP AN POST

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Since Covid you never sign for delivery, even recorded delivery, the delivery person does so that's no use to you.

Only when the houseowner is seen at the door.
    He said there was no one in the house.

Covid does not cover for "NON DELIVERY"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Hannaho wrote: »
    I had a parcel that was supposed to be delivered to my Kildare address. It never arrived, and the seller agreed to send a replacement. The replacement was sent to the family home in Wexford, as it was for my sister's birthday. The sender/retailer sent the replacement on Monday. It arrived in the Waterford sorting office on Tuesday, and was put out for delivery on Tuesday afternoon. There was no one at the family home until Friday. Both neighbours were in and did not receive a parcel. An Post are saying they delivered it. No one was here until Friday. No one signed for it on Friday. None of the neighbours - 2 on each side signed or received a parcel for me. What can I do? I paid for it a month ago with my credit care, so I suppose I can claim on that? However, An Post saying they delivered a parcel with a track and trace, when no one has received or signed for it, and I haven't received or signed for it - what can I do about this?

Check the bins, sheds, roof etc for somewhere the post person may have dropped it. They leave packages in the craziest places these days

del roy wrote: »
    Only when the houseowner is seen at the door.
    He said there was no one in the house.

Covid does not cover for "NON DELIVERY"

I've had stuff left outside the door, next door or not at all with squiggles, or my name typed out

Caranica wrote: »
    I've had stuff left outside the door, next door or not at all with squiggles, or my name typed out

Exactly, you got your parcel so no need to go looking for a P.O.D

See "not at all". Luckily I have a ring doorbell so was able to show them there was no attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

The point is that, whether it was correctly delivered or not, a signature will not be available. If An Post say it was delivered, as the OP says, then you can't currently ask them to prove it by way of a signature.

• Advertisement

P.O.D

Proof of Delivery
    It what the premium service is based on.

No signature, no proof, no payment.

Simples. Covid or no covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

P.O.D

Proof of Delivery
    It what the premium service is based on.

No signature, no proof, no payment.

Simples. Covid or no covid.

Look, keep going on about it but since covid there have been no signatures.

This won't help the OP who needs to have the seller chase it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Also just to note while some express services require a customer signature on delivery, others don't.

There's express and express with signature. I'm assuming the company went with option 1.

Advertisement