Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right wing extremist group behind Dublin Protest say Gardai

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

dan1895 wrote: »
    For those looking for evidence of bottles/missile throwing.

wow. stunning evidence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭DelaneysMule

You can see a guard taking a bottle to the head at the 1.37 mark of this video and check to see if he is bleeding. It looks like he took a good whack. He looks to be in his 50s. How much of a degenerate do you have to be to do that?

https://twitter.com/NoMoreHate2021/status/1366120820234276865

The legitimate concerns can be discussed. The protests were organised and lead by far right extremists.

this is a lie.
    I was there with my eldest kid and neither of us are in any far right grouping nor were we led by any far right group.

Although it is you who labels anybody you disagree with as far right. So maybe in your mind that is the reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

You can see a guard taking a bottle to the head at the 1.37 mark of this video and check to see if he is bleeding. It looks like he took a good whack. He looks to be in his 50s. How much of a degenerate do you have to be to do that?

https://twitter.com/NoMoreHate2021/status/1366120820234276865

"Tell that wife of your you love cause ill smash that face in"

"I'll rob ya"

I mean wow.

his fellow "peaceful" protestors should have intervened and prevented more escalation. (maybe that did happen off camera)

paw patrol wrote: »
    this is a lie.
    I was there with my eldest kid and neither of us are in any far right grouping nor were we led by any far right group.

Although it is you who labels anybody you disagree with as far right. So maybe in your mind that is the reality.

Presumably once the mood changed and the throwing things started, you left and got your child out of there quickly?
    Anyone who was there for actual peaceful reasons, while naive, I'm assuming left pretty quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

this is a lie.

I think in fairness the posters online were showing nothing but the Irish Flag,
    Claiming to turn up to get back your country's democracy
    The language issued on these posters is classic and sets it up to include "Scum"

I mean on one of the posters for the cork one it literally shows an Irish flag at a protest, and says "Bring cans for the day"

Christ. Maybe the "genuine" protesters need to realise what this is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

You would need a water cannon that pumps out a very heavy mist, maybe a water/salt solution that you could get down to -10, soak the knackers and see if they will hang around for hours

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

wow. stunning evidence.

Photos and videos is pretty good evidence actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The legitimate concerns can be discussed. The protests were organised and lead by far right extremists.

I tend to subscribe to the horseshoe theory of political systems.

Far-right and far-left are closer to each other than they are to the mainstream.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory#:~:text=In%20political%20science%20and%20popular,a%20horseshoe%20are%20close%20together.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Presumably once the mood changed and the throwing things started, you left and got your child out of there quickly?
    Anyone who was there for actual peaceful reasons, while naive, I'm assuming left pretty quick.

my eldest kid is 19 btw so we had no need to get out of there quickly. We ended up going down oconnell st anyway.
    we weren't up the front fighting with gardai , that wasn't what the day was for for 99% of people. We met a load of nice normal people on sat and honestly we met some far out there folk - the magic crystal/5G crowd but they are nice too .
    whats odd is we met black people there too - maybe i'm old and out of touch , so correct me - is the far right multi cultural these days??:pac:

If you think about how wide Grafton st is and look at the videos. It's maybe 20-25 agitators. the rest of the people aren't naive they are angry at the state's behaviour in the last year and protested within acceptable norms.

No cause should be derailed because of the actions of a few. This smear was tried during the water charges too , media/state tried to paint everybody with the same brush cos of the actions of a few...the irony that paul murphy was the lead cheerleader of violence then and now is lockstep behind government control of our lives. weird.

You say we are "naive" but I say what's naive is thinking the government will save you.
    The people on PUP will be left to repay their debts alone if they have a job, people will mental issues and substance abuse issues will be left to pick up their lives alone, the missed or late cancer diagnosis people will suffer alone....I could spend all day going on about it.
    flexcon wrote: »
    I think in fairness the posters online were showing nothing but the Irish Flag,
    Claiming to turn up to get back your country's democracy
    The language issued on these posters is classic and sets it up to include "Scum"

I mean on one of the posters for the cork one it literally shows an Irish flag at a protest, and says "Bring cans for the day"

Christ. Maybe the "genuine" protesters need to realise what this is doing.

how many ? maybe 20 lads up top rowing with garda. Wasn't my scene and I think it sets the cause back because the talking point is about that.

But one thing about boards (and other people) really confuses me - some people just don't get the notion that a single issue protest will attract a huge variety of people who normally wouldn't be allies.

I'm not responsible for "the bring the cans" crowd. As I said on the restrictions thread - i am there to protest about restrictions and level 5. I don't care if Hitlers favourite German Shepard is speaking I'm there for one issue and I refuse to allow others (on any side btw ) dictate to me what is or is not important to me.

• Advertisement

Photos and videos is pretty good evidence actually.

few thousand people there on sat. you got a few photos up the front with the aggressive - then project that for the entire crowd.

bravo , you must write for the journal.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,651 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

blanch152 wrote: »
    I tend to subscribe to the horseshoe theory of political systems.

Far-right and far-left are closer to each other than they are to the mainstream.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory#:~:text=In%20political%20science%20and%20popular,a%20horseshoe%20are%20close%20together.

100%

The authoritarian left is very close to the authoritarian right in its goals, even if the reasons to get there are different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

First thing there was no right wing extremist group behind the protest.

It's staggeringly easy to find out who was behind it yet even gardai bother instead run with 'far right' nonsense. Incredible.

The demonstration was organised by Rise up Eireann not a telegram group a very open facebook page anyone can view. The person most directly responsible (won't name them) is a young hippy lady who is not even Irish of middle Eastern descent and is the last person on Earth you could say is 'far right'. A spiritual hippy type who works as a meditation and yoga instructor always going on about love and hugging everyone. Her business is destroyed hence one of her reasons to protest. Far right extremist?? Gimme a break.

There were black/asian/ loads of Eastern European/ loads of Polish/Latvian/ loads of LGBT people (my sister front line worker who came to the demonstration with me recognized the gay fellas from their instagram make up channels) at it. One is a famous make up artist my social care worker sister follows.

The 'far right' gay and black fellas now?? That's the level of madness we are at here.

I spoke to black/gay/Asian/Latvian/Polish/Lithuanian and Hungarian people at it. All seriously effected by the lockdown. Financially and mentally. Many out of work depressed forlorn etc. Spoke to several who know people who have commit suicide recently.

This lockdown is destroying people.

Out of tens of thousands of people Marching against the most severe lockdown in the Western World that is crushing people mentally and financially the media focus on one idiot igniting a roman candle.

Not one media report showed the thousands marching O'Connell Street.

(Staggeringly the one lad who let off the roman candle was NOT arrested.

It never ever ceases to amaze people defend this government and WANT permanent lockdown describing anyone gay/lesbian/black/Asian etc who opposes lockdown as 'far right'

It's 'far right' to oppose tyranny now?

That's the level of brainwashing we are at now. It's incredible.

The level of mental gymnastics is astonishing. Belonging to a minority doesnt make you immediately left

As a gay kilkenny man I can say there are a fair share of right wing gay men.
    Any one remember paddy on the late late saying why he is gay an doesnt agree with same sex marriage?

Leave out the sexual orientation aspect of your argument. It really comes across as a desperate attempt at calling for indemnity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Maybe a certain right-wing group were behind the violence at the protest, but the protest itself was majority normal people against lockdown.

Or maybe its politically valuable to dismiss their legitimate grievances and only acknowledge the 20+ scrotes fighting with gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

few thousand people there on sat. you got a few photos up the front with the aggressive - then project that for the entire crowd.

bravo , you must write for the journal.

I did no such thing. Someone said there was no evidence of missiles being thrown at Gardai and I simply posted said evidence as did another poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Clashes between anti-lockdowners and police is ongoing in many European cities. It was only a matter of time before it came here too.

Fabu - D was also at the protest .... right up at the front of it just before the main incident kicked off : https://fb.watch/3Yrg7srHjU/

Amazing all those "far right" people didn't kill him ....

For those looking for evidence of bottles/missile throwing.

Wow. One guy throwing a bottle, someone else throwing a deadly *checks notes* coffee cup, and assorted shots of littering :D I'm convinced ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,783 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Are the posters claiming to have been there trying to distance themselves from the far-right rioters? Or are they just saying that the rioters aren’t far-right?

Should we be dividing up those present at the riot as far-right “trouble makers” and protesters protesting for their own selfish reasons?

No one has been unaffected by these lockdown measures. We are all in this together. The more we allow these far-right lunatic fringe to “demonstrate” on our streets the longer, potentially, the restrictions will continue.

I do understand that while we’re all in the same boat but some of us are “weathering” different storms. I, personally, am at home with kids in the house who aren’t back at school yet but I guess the fact that I actually like my partner, and my kids, means it’s not something I mind too much.

There was a lot of anger out there before the pandemic, it’s obvious to see that it’s only grown within that “cohort” now. The Gardaí need to be proactive and shutdown these ignorant thugs.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

It's funny how some of the posters that are downplaying the far right angle could often be accused of holding far right views themselves...

• Advertisement

0.5/10

Very poor attempt at humour

Should have posted at 9 AM, then Whatisthisnow would be soundly tucked up in bed ....

There seems to be a great moral panic about these protests and about “far rightism” in general. Indicating perhaps that leftism has been absorbed into the establishment.

It's funny how some of the posters that are downplaying the far right angle could often be accused of holding far right views themselves...

If you start crying wolf on the term “far right” then the numbers will just increase. Can’t the chumps protesting lockdowns not just be considered chumps protesting lockdowns. As I’ve said already most are probably SF voters, if they vote. Male, working class (most likely), 20-30, Dubliners.

Going forward, if there is any violence whatsoever at any protest, can we assume everyone in the protest supports it, are violent thugs and are "far left" or "far right" depending on the protest ? And talk about "riots" "thuggery" and "banning protests" (as various FG TDs have said).

Let's do that. Sounds like it would make for a very healthy society.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Haha, I was thinking if posters want to convince us there was no far right element there then maybe it's better they say they stayed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

Fabu - D was also at the protest .... right up at the front of it just before the main incident kicked off : https://fb.watch/3Yrg7srHjU/

Amazing all those "far right" people didn't kill him ....

Guy is an idiot.

Though he makes good money being the stupid 'Black Paddy'

There was loads of real black protestors at it not this clown looking to boost his facebook views off the back of the protest.

Haha, I was thinking if posters want to convince us there was no far right element there then maybe it's better they say they stayed away.

Of course there was a far right element - is anyone disputing that? The point is the vast majority of people there were not far right, and find their views abhorrent. Just because those assholes tried to hijack the protest doesn't mean it wasn't a valid protest. I said the exact same about the George Floyd protests and Antifa assholes.

Guy is an idiot.

Though he makes good money being the stupid 'Black Paddy'

There was loads of real black protestors at it not this clown looking to boost his facebook views off the back of the protest.

Well more power to him. He seems to be doing well for himself, and he is actually funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    The level of mental gymnastics is astonishing. Belonging to a minority doesnt make you immediately left

As a gay kilkenny man I can say there are a fair share of right wing gay men.
    Any one remember paddy on the late late saying why he is gay an doesnt agree with same sex marriage?

Leave out the sexual orientation aspect of your argument. It really comes across as a desperate attempt at calling for indemnity.

I never once said being a minority makes you left LOL. Those are your words not mine.

My point being the gay/lesbian/trans protestors at the March are hardly 'right wing extremists' can we agree on that at least?

One fella was telling me his business is gone/destroyed doing make up for weddings and events. He can't pay his rent on €350 a week. Chap was on the verge of tears as his rent in arrears. The lockdown is destroying all businesses all livelihoods.

My reason for mentioning gay/lesbian/trans people at it is to highlight how incredibly absurd the whole 'far right' nonsense is. Unless you believe gay/lesbian/trans people are far right for protesting against lockdown?? LOL

Some are well known make up artists, they had the videos of marching up on their instagrams. Fair play to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

biko wrote: »
    Clashes between anti-lockdowners and police is ongoing in many European cities. It was only a matter of time before it came here too.

No one holding down a job, particularly through PUP, with any common sense would want to find themselves pictured at such protests.

Which leads me to believe most there are either unemployable or unemployed.

Which is strange because they're the one group that has been minimally impacted. The post offices are still open, their income is still the same, they're standard of living either not changed or minimally affected compared to others.

I have no doubt some with good intentions get sucked in but for the most part it's just trouble makers and thugs who contribute nothing feigning grievance to justify acting the bollix, which wouldn't be unusual no matter what the situation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement