Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right wing extremist group behind Dublin Protest say Gardai

Options

Comments

Something else I would say, before anyone puts more words in my mouth, that the Gardai seem to have done an excellent job under very difficult circumstances - again going on the footage I saw. Perhaps one or two people might have gotten an undeserved belt, but when a rocket is fired at you then fight or flight takes over.

I don't think there's currently an issue with a rise of a far left, I actually wouldn't favour a scenario where that happened, I'm largely centrist. I do think there's an issue with the far right globally and it has been identified to be an issue by intelligence agencies across the globe. I addressed your post but you just seem to have gone off on a rant on how you view me to be crazy rather than addressing the substance of my post.

There is most definitely an issue with the far right in many continental European countries, Marine Le Pen could be the next president of France for example.

To say there is even 1% support for them here at the moment would be generous. However if the media and the government keeps telling people whose voices they won't listen to as far right, that will cause that number to grow considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Granolite

This is an absolutely fair point. However it's a bit off topic.

It absolutely is on topic 100%. The people who gathered in large numbers on Grafton street no matter their political leanings all did so in scorn of progressive society at large. Pure selfish, short sighted behaviour from the same people. All those who gathered and continued on their merry way to the GPO after share responsibility for what kicked off and indeed many were cheering on the individuals abusing and inflicting physical harm to the Gardai.

5.6kWp - SW (220 degrees) - North Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So the far right-wingers weren't violent (when have the far right ever been violent?!!!) it was just the nasty far left-wingers wearing far-right masks all along?

I believe that's called the Scooby Doo fallacy.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

You do realize when they baton charged people (with very young children some) they injured themselves?

Do you know Gardai were hitting colleagues with batons???

Video shows it clear as day.

So are you going to condemn the Gardai for injuring Gardai? They shouldn't have been baton charging people anyway. Disgusting over reaction to one scumbag. Why not just grab rocketman instead of charging everyone?

So to be clear the injured garda in question happened because a colleague battered him in the calf with a baton. Wasn't protestors hitting him with a baton but a colleague. Look and see!

https://twitter.com/MickeyPearson01/status/1366092824278671363?s=20

WTF????

• Advertisement

Granolite wrote: »
    The people who gathered in large numbers on Grafton street no matter their political leanings all did so in scorn of progressive society at large.

I don't agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I don't think there's currently an issue with a rise of a far left, I actually wouldn't favour a scenario where that happened, I'm largely centrist. I do think there's an issue with the far right globally and it has been identified to be an issue by intelligence agencies across the globe. I addressed your post but you just seem to have gone off on a rant on how you view me to be crazy rather than addressing the substance of my post.

To be fair you pop up in pretty much every thread that features this type of discussion and you never once come across as centreist, in fact I wouldn't be alone in seeing you as a regular contributor that is strongly in favour of anything left wing.

You are correct in saying that there is a ground swell of support for far right groups at the moment but there are also plenty of malfunctioning left wing systems in the world such as the horrible dehumanising system in China or the disastrous situation in Venezuela.

Political extremism is something that always ends in tears. One wing is no better than the other and history proves this to be true.

Glazers Out!

So the far right-wingers weren't violent (when have the far right ever been violent?!!!) it was just the nasty far left-wingers wearing far-right masks all along?

Who are you replying to? I'm not saying this at all at least. Far right protests are pretty much always violent. As far left ones are. In fact they often make sure to have "counter" protests so they can beat the crap out of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭circadian

A fallacy that played out in the first reply on the thread. Incredible.

°°°°°

Funny.

It's funny how the exact same fallacy is rolled out when the boot is on the other foot.

Should be take the "mostly peaceful" stuff seriously when it's being used in relation to an event your in favour of but be sure to condemn it now?

Pure double think.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

WTF????

So clear video evidence of Gardai hitting gardai with batons.

Do you condemn this man injuring a garda? He limped immediately I think a bang from a baton into the calf would hurt wouldn't you?

His violence is OK he's a garda is it?

Funny you weren't so concerned about Gardai either when the lad out in Blanchardstown was threatening to kill one and 'end him' and terminate him to euphoric applause and cheers from the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Are the posters claiming to have been there trying to distance themselves from the far-right rioters? Or are they just saying that the rioters aren’t far-right?

who knows, I didn't ask them. In fact I would have thought myself them more traditional SF voters but disillusioned with woke SF (or maybe eirgi or one of them) but that was just a prejudiced thought on my part as I ask I've no idea.

But the march wasn't far right unless you think anybody who rejects the state attitude and handling of covid19 to be far right. Anybody that stands up and say enough of this ineptitude.. they are far right.
    Is that what you think?

Should we be dividing up those present at the riot as far-right “trouble makers” and protesters protesting for their own selfish reasons?

clever wording.... if you aren't far right you are selfish? Some nonsense spouted of late that one must put their needs over the needs of the stranger - for the terrible covid with it's 99.5% survival and do so without even a grumble - I'm surprised you didn't stick in the granny killer dig too.

Conveniently you are neglecting the more reasonable argument that our covid19 strategy lacks commons sense.
    You mightn't think so, that's fine I'd never deny somebody the right to an opinion, but you are denying that others may think this which just shows your bias.

No one holding down a job, particularly through PUP, with any common sense would want to find themselves pictured at such protests.

sure pal.
    Me and my son both have jobs and pay taxes. that's actually one of the cornerstones of my frustration.
    Actual tax payers get that....why don't you?

paw patrol wrote: »
    my eldest kid is 19 btw so we had no need to get out of there quickly. We ended up going down oconnell st anyway.
    we weren't up the front fighting with gardai , that wasn't what the day was for for 99% of people. We met a load of nice normal people on sat and honestly we met some far out there folk - the magic crystal/5G crowd but they are nice too .
    whats odd is we met black people there too - maybe i'm old and out of touch , so correct me - is the far right multi cultural these days??:pac:

If you think about how wide Grafton st is and look at the videos. It's maybe 20-25 agitators. the rest of the people aren't naive they are angry at the state's behaviour in the last year and protested within acceptable norms.

No cause should be derailed because of the actions of a few. This smear was tried during the water charges too , media/state tried to paint everybody with the same brush cos of the actions of a few...the irony that paul murphy was the lead cheerleader of violence then and now is lockstep behind government control of our lives. weird.

You say we are "naive" but I say what's naive is thinking the government will save you.
    The people on PUP will be left to repay their debts alone if they have a job, people will mental issues and substance abuse issues will be left to pick up their lives alone, the missed or late cancer diagnosis people will suffer alone....I could spend all day going on about it.

how many ? maybe 20 lads up top rowing with garda. Wasn't my scene and I think it sets the cause back because the talking point is about that.

But one thing about boards (and other people) really confuses me - some people just don't get the notion that a single issue protest will attract a huge variety of people who normally wouldn't be allies.

I'm not responsible for "the bring the cans" crowd. As I said on the restrictions thread - i am there to protest about restrictions and level 5. I don't care if Hitlers favourite German Shepard is speaking I'm there for one issue and I refuse to allow others (on any side btw ) dictate to me what is or is not important to me.

I'm not sure how you heard about the demo, but you surely did some more research as to what groups were going to be there?
    An Garda Siochana were aware of who was going to be there and what their intention was, so why wouldn't anyone attending?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,834 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

glasso wrote: »
    HH4vUWN.png

3MhRpyv.png

'RTE sold there souls'

Talk about a picture telling 1000 words.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

So clear video evidence of Gardai hitting gardai with batons.

What are you talking about?

Looks like evidence of a garda knocking something, probably related to a firework, off a colleague's uniform.

As for children..

What kind of 'parent' would bring a child near something like that in the first place?

bubblypop wrote: »
    I'm not sure how you heard about the demo, but you surely did some more research as to what groups were going to be there?
    An Garda Siochana were aware of who was going to be there and what their intention was, so why wouldn't anyone attending?

I found about about it online . Group that posted it were non political concerned with health freedom and civil liberties. two topics I believe strongly in.

And again I'll state the point .

In a single issue protest , you will always be aligned with "others" that you may or may not have much in common with socially and political.
    This is true of any protest - it's even true within politcial parties .

I would think that is common sense but not understood on boards for some reason

I am vehemently opposed to the governments strategy on covid19 - I will protest against it and I don't care who marches beside me.
    I do want them not to drag the cause into disrepute - a small number did this on sat- but 99% of people did not. That is regrettable but it will not stop me.

I won't silence myself cos the 4th estate think some of the attendees have spicy opinions on unrelated topics.

°°°°°

'RTE sold there souls'

Talk about a picture telling 1000 words.

It's a face-palm moment for sure.

These people also think everyone is a reptilian for some reason. Even the people who talk about that whole reptilian conspiracy stuff like David Icke seem to reckon there's only a tiny number of them around. It was always an out there idea but these folks seem to think anyone who disagrees with them is an extra from V.

Glazers Out!

sure pal.
    Me and my son both have jobs and pay taxes. that's actually one of the cornerstones of my frustration.
    Actual tax payers get that....why don't you?

I wouldn't put my job at further risk by association. Simple as that.

If I was pictured on the front of a newspaper alongside a bunch of thugs assaulting or harrassing gardai it wouldn't do my job any favors.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

What are you talking about?

Looks like evidence of a garda knocking something, probably related to a firework, off a colleague's uniform.

As for children..

What kind of 'parent' would bring a child near something like that in the first place?

Knocking something off a uniform? :confused::confused::confused:

That really is insane. He clearly hits him with the baton.

Stevie Wonder could see it.

https://twitter.com/MickeyPearson01/status/1366092824278671363?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1366092824278671363%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2058164356page%3D23

Well the parent I met at it owns a wood supply company had his 2 year old with him in a bugy. He owns a wood supplying company, he employees about 23 people and for a humble guy, he could easily buy and sell you and me financially.

°°°°°

I found about about it online . Group that posted it were non political concerned with health freedom and civil liberties. two topics I believe strongly in.

In a single issue protest , you will always be aligned with "others" that you may or may not have much in common with socially and political.

I am vehemently opposed to the governments strategy on covid19 - I will protest against it and I don't care who marches beside me.
    I do want them not to drag the cause into disrepute - a small number did this on sat- but 99% of people did not. That is regrettable but it will not stop me.

I won't silence myself cos the 4th estate think some of the attendees have spicy opinions on unrelated topics.

Personally I wouldn't attend but you've outlined your reasons for being there eloquently and people badgering you aren't being fair IMHO.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

If I was pictured on the front of a newspaper alongside a bunch of thugs assaulting or harrassing gardai it wouldn't do my job any favors.

What if your job was gone for the last 12 months and had no hope of ever coming back?

Knocking something off a uniform? :confused::confused::confused:

That really is insane. He clearly hits him with the baton.

He's knocking something off the officer's uniform.

Obvious to me but then I'm not the biased one trying to defend scrote behaviour.

So what?

nullzero wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't attend but you've outlined your reasons for being there eloquently and people badgering you aren't being fair IMHO.

Agreed. Pawpatrol isn't the one coming across as an extremest in this thread.

a fair point but think of the mental anguish and internalised unease I'd feel for myself if I allowed the opinions of other to silence my beliefs.
    No job is worth my self respect I can always get another job or create my own if forced - I can't erase regrets as easily.
    my kid would have less issues on that front given the nature of his work.

I can 100% guarantee that if an actual peaceful protest was organised, there would not be any of the issues that we saw last Saturday.
    If the protest was organised by the SME Ireland, Irish hoteliers and the Vitners organisation, so you think the same thing would have happened?

I think you should care who you are marching beside.

Obvious to me but then I'm not the biased one trying to defend scrote behaviour.

So what?

And you say the lizard people followers are deluded? Hitting something off a uniform doesn't make you jump 3 feet in the air.

And I have said several times I do not defend scrote behaviour. I praised the Gardai in an earlier post. But sure believe what you want, it's people like you that are the problem. Even when presented with objective reality won't believe it.

bubblypop wrote: »
    I can 100% guarantee that if an actual peaceful protest was organised, there would not be any of the issues that we saw last Saturday.
    If the protest was organised by the SME Ireland, Irish hoteliers and the Vitners organisation, so you think the same thing would have happened?

I think you should care who you are marching beside.

You might be right, not sure you are. If the lockdowns go on much longer that WILL happen. And I'll march right beside them. And they could well be tarred with the same brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Quags

So what?

There is no way he is hitting anything of the uniform, to me it looks like he is not trained fully in dealing with those scenes. Pure adrenalin rushing towards crowds with freedom to hit anyone and face no punishment. Not everyone up there was a scrote, well unless you believe RTE there everyone was

You might be right, not sure you are. If the lockdowns go on much longer that WILL happen. And I'll march right beside them. And they could well be tarred with the same brush.

Nah, that's what is needed, imo.
    Actual business owners and their representatives need to peacefully protest. I'm sure they would have stewards and the likes of scrotes from last Saturday wouldn't get a look in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Why are people so willing to defend the far right?

The is a massive problem in the western world with far right groups from the US to Canada. to Ireland to UK to mainland Europe to Australia/New Zealand.

These groups have been allowed to grow unhindered for years and spread their ideology via youtube, twitter, facebook and even national TV.

" massive problem "

ISIS are on youtube etc spreading their ideology , very hard to do much about it for the most part

and ireland is very different to the likes of the USA when it comes to right wing groups , in fact its chalk and cheese so lets stick to this country and not point to bogus comparisons ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement