Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right wing extremist group behind Dublin Protest say Gardai

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They should have got Antifa in for the riots, at least they always mask up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭DelaneysMule

What on Earth has China got to do with angry far-right lads rioting in Dublin City and, potentially, endangering the lives of law abiding Irish citizens?

Agreed. It's really crazy how some of these people think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Par for the course, and a sad indictment of the state of political discourse this side of the water since Trump rose to power. It has become the norm to point the finger at others and say "but, but but.......THEY do it as well, so why are you giving out about it when I do it....It's not fair!".

Even if the two sides are at opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of what they want to be achieved and the actions they use to achieve those goals. It's quite frightening to see the false dichotomy at play.

I mean, the crazies on the left want you to accept trans people in society and provide toilets for them, or to ensure everyone has access to housing and medical care. The crazies on the right......checks notes......livestream themselves running through a mosque with an assault rifle, shooting muslims as they pray.

"Both sides are the same" though, yeah?

Fcuk outta here.

This thread has concentrated on Ireland has it not? Yet here you are referencing Trump and New Zealand, whilst bemoaning the state of political discourse..

The 'crazies' on the left, btw, are still the biggest terrorist threat on this Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I think the Gardai should stay out of politics.

If the Gardai have evidence that The National Party were behind the rioting then fine, say The National Party were involved. .

But don't say 'the far right'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Right wing posters trying to hide the fact that far-right rioters, who broke Covid restrictions, attacked the gardaí, with intent to harm, at the weekend.

giphy.gif

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

biko wrote: »
    They should have got Antifa in for the riots, at least they always mask up.

Does any group in Ireland actually claim to be Antifa? Genuine question. There has to be someone claiming it, even if it's a tiny fringe group on Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

What on Earth has China got to do with angry far-right lads rioting in Dublin City and, potentially, endangering the lives of law abiding Irish citizens?

Ask shifty who decided to invoke places thousands of miles away, in an attempt to equate the Irish far right with Donald Trump, and the likes of GOD with Brenton Tarrant, whilst, without any irony, bemoaning the state of political discourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

kowloon wrote: »
    Does any group in Ireland actually claim to be Antifa? Genuine question. There has to be someone claiming it, even if it's a tiny fringe group on Facebook.

They don't have a bogeyman in bikos house, its Antifa hiding under the beds!
    :eek: awoooooooo

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

kowloon wrote: »
    Yes, many groups on Twitter and Facebook.
    Remember, Antifa has no official leadership so anyone can identify as Antifa, and thus become Antifa.

Right wing posters trying to hide the fact that far-right rioters, who broke Covid restrictions, attacked the gardaí, with intent to harm, at the weekend.

giphy.gif

You're clearly emotionally invested in this.

What people in the middle ground are saying is: right wing and left wing loons are as bad and toxic as each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I doubt the (clearly) inner-city scumbag launching the fireworks was there for political reasons. They're just there to cause trouble amongst a crowd.

It's like the genuine/peaceful BLM protesters in the States having the Antifa nutjobs turn-up at their protest, solely to cause trouble. Wrongly smears the entire event.

Clearly inner city eh?
    Gardaí have identified a group who launched fireworks at officers during violent scenes on Dublin’s Grafton Street on Saturday and expect to make arrests shortly.

The group comprises males from the Monkstown/Dún Laoghaire area who have a history of engaging in anti-social behaviour.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%C3%AD-identify-men-behind-fireworks-attack-further-arrests-expected-1.4497475

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Bambi wrote: »
    How many people have been killed by China in recent years?
    biko wrote: »
    They should have got Antifa in for the riots
    AllForIt wrote: »
    I think the Gardai should stay out of politics.

China

Antifa

Politics

The hoops people will jump through! Absolutely embarrassing!

Sorry, correction: they were fine upstanding folk from the leafy suburbs of Rathdown :pac: They just donned tracksuits and North Face jackets that day for disguise purposes.

You get the original point. They were scumbags going out to cause trouble. Highly likely just wanted a bit of aggro with the Garda, rather than to express their dissatisfaction with the government handling of the Covid situation.

What people in the middle ground are saying is: right wing and left wing loons are as bad and toxic as each other.

While what you are saying is true, it's about as relevant to this conversation as to whether apple or banana is a better pizza topping.

The trouble in town was caused by a load of muppets who decided to use as many buzzwords and false equivalences to round up as many dimwits as possible, and to cause a scene to further their agenda. Unfortunately, dimwits are very easy to find in this country as they well know.

The fact that there also exist other people who would do this makes no odds at all.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    While what you are saying is true, it's about as relevant to this conversation as to whether apple of banana is a better pizza topping.

The trouble in town was caused by a load of muppets who decided to use as many buzzwords and false equivalences to round up as many dimwits as possible, and to cause a scene to further their agenda. Unfortunately, dimwits are very easy to find in this country as they well know.

Can there even be a normal, peaceful protest anymore, generally speaking? Particularly when there's more than a handful of people showing up.

Seems extremists from either side, or anarchists, will always latch on as an excuse to cause trouble. Then the entire protest gets labelled as a 'riot' or 'violent' etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

If you had the wit to read the post that I was replying to ( it was helpfully quoted in my reply) then you would be able to answer your own question.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Lol....abusive. And I thought it was the lefties who were snowflakes :)

One can only form an opinion about your thought process based on your posts in this thread alone. If you expect people to go chasing your posts to form some sort of nuanced opinion on your standpoint, you're gonna be sorely disappointed I'm afraid.

You made a claim. That claim was in response to post regarding a situation here, in Ireland. You didn't point out within that claim that you were talking about the overall global situation, and not just Ireland. Now that you've been called on the falsehoods in that claim, you're blaming others for the fact that your posts were misconstrued.

Who's fault is that? The person who thought you were talking about Ireland? Or the person who didn't clarify that they weren't talking about just Ireland?

The problem for you is I didn't make that claim about Ireland.

I've already clarified it for you twice and you're still going on about it.

Get off your high horse, there are no falsehoods to be called out you just made an assumption and you weren't right to do so, now you're going on as if I picked your pocket.

Get over yourself.

Glazers Out!

Can there even be a normal, peaceful protest anymore, generally speaking? Particularly when there's more than a handful of people showing up.

That's up to the protesters. The people who organised this demo were in full knowledge that the people they were recruiting were the types who would start trouble. It's what they want.
    Seems extremists from either side, or anarchists, will always latch on as an excuse to cause trouble. Then the entire protest gets labelled as a 'riot' or 'violent' etc.

Just like people will use any auld excuse to bring out the "from either side" stuff when it's not relevant to the discussion.

Again, this demonstration was organised with trouble in mind.

"But what about........."

Insert:

BLM
    The Garda
    Antifa
    Left-Wing Extremeists
    The Bankers
    The Homeless
    Thierry Henry's handball v Ireland

That's up to the protesters. The people who organised this demo were in full knowledge that the people they were recruiting were the types who would start trouble. It's what they want.

Just like people will use any auld excuse to bring out the "from either side" stuff when it's not relevant to the discussion.

Again, this demonstration was organised with trouble in mind.

But wasn't the whole thing dismissed by some during the week as it was being organized by "hippy, anti-vaxxer" types? Don't think the firework lads fit that description.

This is what I'm saying; other groups or individuals will always latch on and ruin the event for people who want to peacefully protest.

• Advertisement

But wasn't the whole thing dismissed by some during the week as it was being organized by "hippy, anti-vaxxer" types? Don't think the firework lads fit that description.

I can't talk for these "some" you speak of, but the firework lad fits the exact description of the type of person who was purposely recruited to go to this demonstration.
    This is what I'm saying; other groups or individuals will always latch on and ruin the event for people who want to peacefully protest.

While some thought they were going to a "peaceful protest", they were, in fact, going to a demonstration organised by people who used to guise of "Peaceful Protest" who were in turn fully aware that they were rounding up people who would cause trouble.

I can't talk for these "some" you speak of, but the firework lad fits the exact description of the type of person who was purposely recruited to go to this demonstration.

While some thought they were going to a "peaceful protest", they were, in fact, going to a demonstration organised by people who used to guise of "Peaceful Protest" who were in turn fully aware that they were rounding up people who would cause trouble.

Perhaps. So again, can there be peaceful protests anymore when large numbers turn up? Always going to be some different agendas in the crowd.

Case in point: BLM peaceful protest for George Floyd. Antifa crazies attend and start vandalizing. Wouldn't be fair to call the entire event a trouble making demonstration under the guise of peaceful protest.

Good day to you anyway, Stuffins; keep the middle ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I wouldn’t say “invested” and, as for emotions, I’d say I’m mostly disappointed. These angry, far-right, yobs are trying to tear down everything we, as a country, have sacrificed so much for.

The vaccines are “rolling out”, the summer is coming and we need to stay the course. There’s light at the end of the tunnel and now this, ignorant, lunatic fringe decide to riot. An angry, vocal, minority loaded with bizarre anti-RTÉ nonsense when, no doubt, they will be watching the Late Late Show on Friday night just to whinge and moan about it.

I, for one, hope these individuals face the full legal “consequences” of breaking restrictions and should be slapped with some form of reckless endangerment charge for the lives that their, braindead, actions will, inevitably, have cost. An example needs to be made of them.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Demonstrably untrue.

That's the trouble with centrists - too cowardly to speak up. Happy enough to just plod along.

"ah-ah, you're both bold boys."

Drivel.

smurgen wrote: »
    Happened in the US after the Capital riots. Mad to see this type of stuff in Ireland.

The US stuff shows that you just need enough numbskulls to parrot something enough times for it to become "Alternative Fact". Ireland isn't the only place turning into a US mirror.

Just look at the amount of mentions of "Antifa" here. Lads sitting in their jocks watching US news and attributing that stuff to Grafton Street. It's mind-boggling!

Perhaps. So again, can there be peaceful protests anymore when large numbers turn up? Always going to be some different agendas in the crowd.

Case in point: BLM peaceful protest ..........

A BLM reference too.

Anyone playing deflection bingo and just get a full house?

Demonstrably untrue.

That's the trouble with centrists - too cowardly to speak up. Happy enough to just plod along.

"ah-ah, you're both bold boys."

Drivel.

Must be bit of an extremist yourself :pac:

Which side of the loons are you on? Sign me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It's amazing it went from the far left to the far right to a group of lads in monskstown running amok and yet none of the arrested were from monskstown ,
    Now there calling for Facebook and Twitter to be prosocuted for being involved in promoting the protests

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

dan1895 wrote: »
    True so we should aim to crush them now before becoming problematic.

do you not see the problem with demanding that something be strangled at birth , some people could come along with extremely totalitarian views and demand that any and every form of difference of opinion be crushed ?

its a real slippery slope , you would need to be sure that the person or persons who decided what was so uniquely bad , it needed to be destroyed , was a real good egg

• Advertisement

A BLM reference too.

Anyone playing deflection bingo and just get a full house?

You incorrectly inferred the entire event was organized by far-right types, when it clearly wasn't. There was a convo on here during the week in Restrictions thread about this whole protest being organized by hippy, anti-vaxxer types, with links to same. The main speaker was to be some 70 year old retired GP. Live music on site.

Therefor, you saying the whole thing was an organized "right-wing demonstration" is evidently false. I was using BLM/ANTIFA to illustrate that conflicting agendas commonly show up to protests. It's a relevant point in this context to set you straight, Stuffins :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement