Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right wing extremist group behind Dublin Protest say Gardai

Options

Comments

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    do you not see the problem with demanding that something be strangled at birth , some people could come along with extremely totalitarian views and demand that any and every form of difference of opinion be crushed ?

its a real slippery slope , you would need to be sure that the person or persons who decided what was so uniquely bad , it needed to be destroyed , was a real good egg

Yes, he's clearly an extremist. But according to another poster above, you have to be on one-side or the other, or else we're just "plodding along".

All as bad as each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Therefor, you saying the whole thing was an organized "right-wing demonstration" is evidently false.

I see you've quoted me. Could you point out where I said this?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Could you point out where I said this?
    demonstration organised by people who used to guise of "Peaceful Protest" who were in turn fully aware that they were rounding up people who would cause trouble.
    Again, this demonstration was organised with trouble in mind.

Give it up, Stuffins, would ya :D

Anyway, I'm out of here. I care nothing for any of these groups. Later.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭dontmindme

...While some thought they were going to a "peaceful protest", they were, in fact, going to a demonstration organised by people who used to guise of "Peaceful Protest" who were in turn fully aware that they were rounding up people who would cause trouble.

Zero evidence of this yet some accounts just can't help themselves peddling the same old sh1te.

PS:...there, I quoted you.

Give it up, Stuffins, would ya :D

Anyway, I'm out of here. I care nothing for any of these groups. Later.

So,I didn't say that at all.

Strange you thought the people I described were right wingers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,783 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Very. But there are, certainly, some amount of (far)right whingers grasping at straws in here today!

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    do you not see the problem with demanding that something be strangled at birth , some people could come along with extremely totalitarian views and demand that any and every form of difference of opinion be crushed ?

its a real slippery slope , you would need to be sure that the person or persons who decided what was so uniquely bad , it needed to be destroyed , was a real good egg

Sound, let's give a party with links to neo Nazis some space and time so they can grow and get themselves established.

Right wing posters trying to hide the fact that far-right rioters, who broke Covid restrictions, attacked the gardaí, with intent to harm, at the weekend.

giphy.gif

A tit launched a firework at a guard and I denounced him.

A guard smacked another guard with a baton. I denounce him.

A lad attacked a guard with a knife and I denounced him.

What does this have to do with political leaning?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

We have probably all seen the disgusting conduct of the use of an explosive toward gardai. Thankfully no garda were hurt in that incident but there were reports of some being hit with projectiles in the shameful violence.

Well-organised right-wing group 'willing to use violence' behind Dublin city centre protest

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/well-organised-right-wing-group-23577819
    ho hum
    whilst should not be done - the "firework" did its job in highlighting the pure incompetance.
    So a bang and the garda set off like startled horses batons waving into the crowd.
    (that is all i saw on a few clips on-line).
    What ever about crowd control - how about "steady steady stand still assess" garda man management control.
    it seems like many protests the governments of europe are embarrassed by,
    the order is disperse in any manner.- sure even macrons (france) man dived in pretending to be cop), free fun
    for those whom have the most to hide.
    i heard the minister (forgot female ministers name but just another whom will be gone like previous)
    say the approx of illegal protest.
    Everything that calls into question the ignorant incompetants is now deemed illegal.
    ++++++
    Also are we after announcement of rapid vaccine roll out (when seen as supply shortage) going to get
    the reported Astrzen approx 2 million doses reported not wanted and may be dumped by germans whom dont seem to want them?
    Merkel 1 year over but reported not going that way either lol

Ask shifty who decided to invoke places thousands of miles away, in an attempt to equate the Irish far right with Donald Trump, and the likes of GOD with Brenton Tarrant, whilst, without any irony, bemoaning the state of political discourse.

The aims and goals of the Irish far right (and not so far right) are almost identical to those expressed by Trump and the GOP across the pond. Almost identical, right across the board.

I'd say you'll be hard pressed to find one person in Ireland whose goals align with those of the CCP. There's a huge difference, and anyone trying to lump modern, western leftists in with the extermination of Uighurs is seriously clutching at straws. Like, seriously clutching. But they know that, and are regurgitating bulksh1t 'facts' from Shapiro et al, as if that's some sort of gotcha. Laughable really.

Seriously, lads? China?

• Advertisement

dontmindme wrote: »
    Zero evidence of this yet some accounts just can't help themselves peddling the same old sh1te.

PS:...there, I quoted you.

You seem to have quoted the wrong post. You're looking for where I said "far-right demonstration" like the poster quoted as saying

So,I didn't say that at all.

Bingo...... People heard the words 'trouble' and 'trouble makers' and immediately battened down the hatches and accused you of attacking the right. Speaks volumes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

The aims and goals of the Irish far right (and not so far right) are almost identical to those expressed by Trump and the GOP across the pond. Almost identical, right across the board.

I'd say you'll be hard pressed to find one person in Ireland whose goals align with those of the CCP. There's a huge difference, and anyone trying to lump modern, western leftists in with the extermination of Uighurs is seriously clutching at straws. Like, seriously clutching. But they know that, and are regurgitating bulksh1t 'facts' from Shapiro et al, as if that's some sort of gotcha. Laughable really.

Seriously, lads? China?

Personally I like china. I like trump too. I also like Obama and Gaddafi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Seriously, lads? China?

Given that he had executive power for 4 years could you give us a few examples of Trump's far-right policies being enacted?

sabat wrote: »
    Given that he had executive power for 4 years could you give us a few examples of Trump's far-right policies being enacted?

Why? What's the point?

If I spend time and effort in outlining 4 or 5 examples will you turn around and concede that his views and those on the right are in alignment? Or will you deflect, change the goalposts and segue off into something else?

And why stop at his policies? Why aren't his actions, comments and tweets fair game?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Why? What's the point?

If I spend time and effort in outlining 4 or 5 examples will you turn around and concede that his views and those on the right are in alignment? Or will you deflect, change the goalposts and segue off into something else?

And why stop at his policies? Why aren't his actions, comments and tweets fair game?

Humour us.

Please take this right whinging to the Donald trump thread.

So nothing then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

So nothing then?

I dont care about Donald trump that's why I don't post in the Donald trump thread. But there is a whole thread for his nonsense and your whinging about it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Demonstrably untrue.

That's the trouble with centrists - too cowardly to speak up. Happy enough to just plod along.

"ah-ah, you're both bold boys."

Drivel.

Let's take stock here for a moment.

Until this weekend just gone the National Party's previous public rallies had been notable for one reason, left wing counter protestors throwing things at them. Other than that their" rallies" were poorly attended and not news worthy. In effect, the people hoping to quell the voice of the NP were in fact making them a news item by their actions.

Take the issue of people being cheesed off at continued lockdowns out of the equation (which will be the case most likely within the next 12 months) and opportunistic sh1t bags like the NP have literally no means of garnering support from anyone.

Their policies are laughable, the electorate has no time for them and right now coming towards the end of this period of lockdown, them encouraging some scrote bags to throw things at the Gardai is the literal high water mark of far right neo fascism in the Republic of Ireland.

But somehow any sense of common sense being applied to this situation is completely out the window for some who are finally getting to say "see? I told you so" about the supposed scourge of far right politics in Ireland, which in reality has nothing like the support far right politics has in other countries.

To return to by initial point, both the far right and far left are indeed "both bold boys" at least they are in Ireland. Two groups of wannabe political extremists who if push came to shove are far too comfortable in the cushy open system this country offers them. They are in comparison to the professionals of their ilk in other jurisdictions simply hobbyists and little else.

Glazers Out!

I dont care about Donald trump that's why I don't post in the Donald trump thread. But there is a whole thread for his nonsense and your whinging about it already.

I'm not whinging at all.

I'm simply asking that someone that equates the aims of the Irish Far Right with what Trump espoused, outlines the 4/5 policies that they say highlight Trump as being Far Right. So we can debate it.

And isn't this thread about the Irish Far Right? This would mean the simple request that I have, is pertinent to the topic at hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I'm not whinging at all.

I'm simply asking that someone that equates the aims of the Irish Far Right with what Trump espoused, outlines the 4/5 policies that they say highlight Trump as being Far Right. So we can debate it.

And isn't this thread about the Irish Far Right? This would mean the simple request that I have, is pertinent to the topic at hand.

Deflection deflection deflection. That's all this is.

A bunch of racist morons had a riot in the middle of a pandemic in Dublin that is what this thread is about.

So unless Donny the dump was at the far right protest in Dublin you are in the wrong thread, pal.

°°°°°

A bunch of racist morons had a riot in the middle of a pandemic in Dublin that is what this thread is about.

So unless Donny the dump was at the far right protest in Dublin you are in the wrong thread, pal.

How is it deflection to ask someone (in this case $hifty) to substantiate raising the issue of Trump in relation to this topic?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Is there no s***e from the states we won't import. Now it's the 'far right/left' nonsense.

°°°°°

Reading through the names and addresses of the people arrested(available in most publications), without wanting to be unfairly prejudiced against certain areas of our capital and some of their denizens I'm wondering if any of these individuals will in actual fact be found to be part of any actual far right groups as it would appear to the more cynical persons among us that they perhaps are more likely to have been involved for the craic of hurling abuse and other more tangible items at the Gardai.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    ..... likely to have been involved for the craic of hurling abuse and other more tangible items at the Gardai.

Exactly the types that were rounded up for this "demonstration".

Those organising knew what they were doing and who they were inviting to this "Peaceful Protest".

°°°°°

Exactly the types that were rounded up for this "demonstration".

Those organising knew what they were doing and who they were inviting to this "Peaceful Protest".

Can we substantiate that though?

Or is it just confirmation bias?

If we apply Occam's Razor perhaps the simplest and most likely reason for scumbags being there at the weekend is because it was an event they could go to without invitation and do the things scumbags love to do.

I'm not defending the organisers in any way, but some of what is being stated as fact here is bordering on conspiratorial nonsense inasmuch as you don't like group A and you really don't like group B so they naturally must be working together to really get on your nerves.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

"But what about........."

Insert:

BLM
    The Garda
    Antifa
    Left-Wing Extremeists
    The Bankers
    The Homeless
    Thierry Henry's handball v Ireland

This is a very odd argumentative strategy. To make the counter argument yourself as if you make it first somehow nullify's the arguments themselves.

When has the Gardai ever referred to left-wing protesters? E.G, BLM, during Covid restrictions I might add.

They shouldn't and didn't, which was my only point which you and others seem intent on warping for your own ends. To reiterate, my only point was that the Gardai should not bring left or right into it, across the board. I think that's fair and proper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Seriously, lads? China?

Likewise trying to lump Gemma oD and the boys in with Brenton Tarrant are also clutching at straws.

If the national party represent Trumpian politics well then it was soundly rejected in our last election, as they obtained ~0.2% of votes in the last election, unlike Trump who still garnered just ~46% of votes in the last US election, having led the country for the 4 years previous, so the comparison isn't really apt, as one was immensly powerful, the others aren't.

Regardless, you brought up Trump and the Christchurch massacre for no reason whilst at the same time decrying the state of political discourse. One may be tempted to tell you to go look in the mirror. The discussion was based around the far-right/left in Ireland, you out of the blue brought up Christchurch and Trump (are we ever going to hear the end of that bloke I wonder?)

As I've told you, the biggest terror threat to Ireland comes from the far-left. As to lumping 'modern, western leftists' in with the CCP, I don't believe anyone has done that. The discussion was based around the far-right/far-left in Ireland. You posed a question that was answered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

The poster Shifty was the one who brought Donald Trump into the thread. Now, like you, I don't quite see why, but here we are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,462 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Please take this right whinging to the Donald trump thread.

no thanks, enough there already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement