Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right wing extremist group behind Dublin Protest say Gardai

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Great news. Hopefully he’ll get the book thrown at him.

He's not going to get the "book thrown at him".

He launched a few screamers towards Garda. Yes, he's an idiot who came out for some trouble with the Garda specifically (who have nothing to do with government lockdown decisions, the point of the protest). Was he intending to kill anyone? Obviously not, as fireworks would hardly be your weapon of choice for that.

He'll get a fine and suspended sentence, I imagine. Possibly a 1-2 year sentence if the courts want to make an example of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,462 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

He's not going to get the "book thrown at him".

He launched a few screamers towards Garda. Yes, he's an idiot who came out for some trouble with the Garda specifically (who have nothing to do with government lockdown decisions, the point of the protest). Was he intending to kill anyone? Obviously not, as fireworks would hardly be your weapon of choice for that.

He'll get a fine and suspended sentence, I imagine. Possibly a 1-2 year sentence if the courts want to make an example of him.

a custodial sentence would be entirely appropriate. deliberately trying to injure a gardai should be treated harshly.

a custodial sentence would be entirely appropriate. deliberately trying to injure a gardai should be treated harshly.

But like, he fired it into the air..

He wasn't trying to injure anyone..(was a bit of a tit though..)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

The air in the horizontal space between himself and the Guard's head maybe.

• Advertisement

he fired it horizontally in the video i seen.
    you have no way of knowing that.

he fired it horizontally in the video i seen.

you have no way of knowing that.

But like, you have no way of proving he was trying to injure someone either..the video evidence would suggest he was just being an idiot..and perhaps trying to incite something moreso than anything else, but hardly trying to injure a guard..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Just when you thought the level of denial couldn't get any worse...........

But like, you have no way of proving he was trying to injure someone either..the video evidence would suggest he was just being an idiot..and perhaps trying to incite something moreso than anything else, but hardly trying to injure a guard..

discharging it in the direction of the gardai is pretty solid proof that he intended to injure them. Unless you think he wanted to tickle them?

Can I be clear here, I'm not defending the lad, but I just think saying he was trying to injure a guard is a stretch, and there's enough bending the truth going on..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Come on....are you joking?
    You don't normally fire a rocket horizontally.....do you?
    It was fired while pointed at a gardai...

Can I be clear here, I'm not defending the lad, but I just think saying he was trying to injure a guard is a stretch, and there's enough bending the truth going on..
    Why else would you light and point a firework at a gardai? Is it to entertain them or what? Ffs...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

There is always a "but"

You are like that guy earlier in the thread who said the Garda who bashed the other Garda with a baton was trying to "remove a firework from his leg" or some other such nonsensical excuse.

Just shows how the far left and the far right are indeed very similar.

Ok, just watched it again..ok, maybe, but he wasn't aiming at anyone like..his head was down..

There was definitely an over reaction..they just laced into the crowd giving anyone they could a belt..

I wouldn't disagree with that. Again, Garda have nothing to do with government decision making re: Covid restrictions.

Why wasn't the protest up outside the Dail anyway, where it should have been? Area closed off for the day?

francois wrote: »
    There is always a "but"

???..

Jesus Christ..

no stretching required. your attempt to downplay it is bizarre.

no stretching required. your attempt to downplay it is bizarre.

But like, is your attempt to exaggerate it not bizarre too?..

no exaggeration. He deliberately aimed a firework at gardai. that has the potential to injure people. time in custody is definitely warranted. I'm beginning to think he is a friend of yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

you can try to pull in these other social issues, to make yourself look smart, but the more mass gatherings like this there are, the longer the lockdown will be.

Mass protesting virus lockdowns is stupid.

politicians don't listen to protest, they listen to rich people, a lot of whom also want the lockdowns to end, lots of whom are on the far right.

they tell you to contact your TD if you want to express a view or impact politics (in between election time), but if you haven't and won't ever vote for the TDs in the large government parties, you can't threaten to not vote for them unless they do X because you never did and never will. They know that. So they don't care about your views.

which " rich people " are on the far right ?

rich people dont tend to be stupid and its stupid to believe one race is superior to another which is about the only common far right belief nowadays , i doubt anyone who identifies as far right in ireland wants gas chambers built for non whites ? , they probably want all non whites deported but anyone to the right of Leo Varadkar gets branded " far right " by the chattering classes in 2021

I take it that you didn’t see the video? He aimed it at the Gardai.

I wonder how the protester is that was hit by the second shot? He went down very quickly.

gmisk wrote: »
    Why else would you light and point a firework at a gardai? Is it to entertain them or what? Ffs...

Absolutely to entertain them. Who doesn't enjoy a large firework launched directly at them ?

Can I be clear here, I'm not defending the lad

Erm........
    He wasn't trying to injure anyone.
    But like, you have no way of proving he was trying to injure someone
    but hardly trying to injure a guard..

Yes you are.

Embarrassing!

no exaggeration. He deliberately aimed a firework at gardai. that has the potential to injure people. time in custody is definitely warranted. I'm beginning to think he is a friend of yours.

I'm beginning to suspect 4D chess level trolling here. I guess though it's as believable as calling what happened on Saturday "riots" .

That poster didn't exaggerate...they stated what happened in the video.

I'm beginning to suspect 4D chess level trolling here. I guess though it's as believable as calling what happened on Saturday "riots" .

Meanwhile the government and lads at the top all laughing their ass off at these people arguing with each other about the far-left and far-right in Ireland.

Perfect distraction from their own ineptitude.

Absolutely to entertain them. Who doesn't enjoy a large firework launched directly at them ?
    Come on....would you?....
    This is basically poor trolling at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

Youd see worse on a Halloween night in rough parts of Dublin. No ones getting custodial sentences over it though.

• Advertisement

DerekC16 wrote: »
    Youd see worse on a Halloween night in rough parts of Dublin. No ones getting custodial sentences over it though.

I hope you're not his barrister

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement