Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right wing extremist group behind Dublin Protest say Gardai

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭rightmove

a misreading of prior posts.;)
    ok so it wasnt a misreading of a post that you happened to also quote. yep not confusing atall. That logic makes no logic

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I was just accused in a different thread of being far right.

I've seen a load of far-righters on Facebook ignore any and all evidence and just make up things to suit their own agenda.

For example, i've seen a few of them refuse to acknowledge that the person who fired the firework at the Garda was a part of their protest, but was actually an agent provocateur from "Antifa" planted there to cause trouble. A conspiracy with absolutely no grounding in reality, created and repeated to create deflection.

This reflects exactly with what you have said.

I'm not saying you're a right-winger, but i'll just point out that things that you are saying on this thread line up very closely with what some right-wingers I know are currently saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I've seen a load of far-righters on Facebook ignore any and all evidence and just make up things to suit their own agenda.

For example, i've seen a few of them refuse to acknowledge that the person who fired the firework at the Garda was a part of their protest, but was actually an agent provocateur from "Antifa" planted there to cause trouble.

I'm not saying you're a right-winger, but i'll just point out that things that you are saying on this thread line up very closely with what some right-wingers I know are currently saying.

One of Antifa's MOs are false flag attacks. These people are very organised. I think I just suggested it as a possibility. And no, I didn't get it from Twitter. That place is full of crazy people.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'm sure its been mentioned on the thread, but the fact these clowns object to masks and so go and get violent with their faces uncovered, so that the Guards are able to identify them like picking grapes out a bowl, is the funniest and yet the most retarded thing I've seen in months.

rightmove wrote: »
    ok so it wasnt a misreading of a post that you happened to also quote. yep not confusing atall. That logic makes no logic

I knew it would be a little confusing and was wondering if someone would bite.

• Advertisement

I just suggested it as a possibility.

So you made it up then?

It flies in the face of all evidence and it's nothing but pure conspiracy.

If you're rabbiting the same theories of right-wingers everywhere else, then don't be surprised if people apply "If it quacks like a duck" logic.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I'm sure its been mentioned on the thread, but the fact these clowns object to masks and so go and get violent with their faces uncovered, so that the Guards are able to identify them like picking grapes out a bowl, is the funniest and yet the most retarded thing I've seen in months.

That part is quite funny. Criminals must be pretty happy about masks. I wonder if it is making the cops jobs a little difficult.

So you made it up then?

It flies in the face of all evidence and it's nothing but pure conspiracy.

If you're rabbiting the same theories of right-wingers everywhere else, then don't be surprised if people apply "If it quacks like a duck" logic.

I am open to there being more than one right answer until evidence is shown. I wouldn't discount it out of hand as I know how they operate.

There is concrete evidence that he is far right? Please can you show me?

I am open to there being more than one right answer until evidence is shown. I wouldn't discount it out of hand as I know how they operate.

There's a difference between being open to more than one right answer, and you presenting a hypothesis on-thread, that flies in the face of all evidence, that is completely conspiratorial and that is exactly what other right-wingers that I know are saying.

They're two different things.
    There is concrete evidence that he is far right? Please can you show me?

I never said he was far-right. You're asking the wrong person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

Jaysus, here we go again!

But it's true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

For example, i've seen a few of them refuse to acknowledge that the person who fired the firework at the Garda was a part of their protest, but was actually an agent provocateur from "Antifa" planted there to cause trouble. A conspiracy with absolutely no grounding in reality, created and repeated to create deflection.

Neo-liberal-moderate-centre-righters, please.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

There's a difference between being open to more than one right answer, and you presenting a hypothesis on-thread, that flies in the face of all evidence, that is completely conspiratorial and that is exactly what other right-wingers that I know are saying.

They're two different things.

I never said he was far-right. You're asking the wrong person.

If a person commits a crime in the past does that increase the suspicion that they may under if a similar crime is committed?

People shout "conspiracy" and at the same time appear to be able to psychically delve into people real intentions and thoughts and ignore the words they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Again with the conflation. The conservatives are not far right.

Hitler and Mussolini are far right. No matter how many times one hysterically shouts "fascist" I'll never be convinced that Boris is a fascist.

I'm not conflating conservatism, I didn't say far right, and nor did I say Johnson, throw him in the air and he can come down any direction that suits him for a particular purpose.

But there's elements within the party with right wings views that are on the extreme side.

One of Antifa's MOs are false flag attacks. These people are very organised. I think I just suggested it as a possibility. And no, I didn't get it from Twitter. That place is full of crazy people.

Antifa are not a single organised group of people with one set of rules and membership cards. You're pointing out 'their' mo as a means to justify why some loons are claiming the attack on gardai over the weekend was such a fictional event.

If a person commits a crime in the past does that increase the suspicion that they may under if a similar crime is committed?

Off-topic hogwash
    People shout "conspiracy".......

The hypothesis you put forward is the very definition of conspiracy. You are saying there was an Anifa conspiracy to throw a spanner in the works on Saturday.

So it is you, in fact, who is shouting "conspiracy" here, not me.

Hurrache wrote: »
    I'm not conflating conservatism, I didn't say far right, and nor did I say Johnson, throw him in the air and he can come down any direction that suits him for a particular purpose.

But there's elements within the party with right wings views that are on the extreme side.

Like who?

Off-topic hogwash

The hypothesis you put forward is the very definition of conspiracy. You are saying there was an Anifa conspiracy to throw a spanner in the works on Saturday.

So it is you, in fact, who is shouting "conspiracy" here, not me.

No, I said that it could be antifa not that it was. Big difference. If you were on the case you wouldn't even consider the other option. I think it should be properly investigated.

No, I said that it could be antifa not that it was.

Tomayto

Tomahto

Just more deflection!

Tomayto

Tomahto

Just more deflection!

I am just asking you to be accurate. How is that deflection? Can I just make up things about you?

Like who?

After the last election, in which the Tory's pandered to elements of extreme nationalism, 5,000 members of Britain First, member of which were jailed for hate crimes, joined the party.

The card carrying far right don't get attracted to the party for the small chance of becoming a lord. In fact Britain First encouraged it's members to join with their spokeswomen Ashlea Simon saying
    We will support a party that is willing to take a firm stance against radical Islam and it looks like the Tories are willing to do that.....
    the majority of our followers appreciate Priti Patel’s and Boris Johnson’s hardline approach

I am just asking you to be accurate. How is that deflection? Can I just make up things about you?

I am being accurate.

You presented one hypothesis and only one on the thread. This hypothesis was that the offender was an Antifa plant.

It's the very definition of a conspiracy.

Here's your post quoted if that helps
    Really that one person instigating a violent confrontation reeks of the antifa false flag MO.

• Advertisement

After the last election, in which the Tory's pandered to elements of extreme nationalism, 5,000 members of Britain First, member of which were jailed for hate crimes, joined the party.

The card carrying far right don't get attracted to the party for the small chance of becoming a lord. In fact Britain First encouraged it's members to join with their spokeswomen Ashlea Simon saying

I often vote for people I don't like because they are the least worst option. I don't think racists voting for Trump or for the Conservatives makes the party racist.

I am very surprised that Britain First members were allowed to join the Tories.

A name would help. Got an example?

I am being accurate.

You presented one hypothesis and only one on the thread. This hypothesis was that the offender was an Antifa plant.

It's the very definition of a conspiracy.

Here's your post quoted if that helps

We are discussing a very badly researched article with the alternative option writ large.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭BingCrosbee

It’s great this thug was charged and will probably get 5 years hopefully for attempted murder. I feel sorry for his wife and children who are saddled with a useless role model. He will have lots of time to think when he’s in a lonely cell at night. What parents rear gob****es like this? and he’s 30 years old....and the other unemployed clown who was jumping up and down beside him in a frenzy.

It’s great this thug was charged and will probably get 5 years hopefully for attempted murder. I feel sorry for his wife and children who are saddled with a useless role model. He will have lots of time to think when he’s in a lonely cell at night. What parents rear gob****es like this? and he’s 30 years old....and the other unemployed clown who was jumping up and down beside him in a frenzy.

All things being equal, the UL student who fired the firework should be charged with attempted mass murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Attempted Murder !? That seems a bit of an over reaction to me, aggravated assault with a weapon yes but attempted murder ... nah

All things being equal, the UL student who fired the firework should be charged with attempted mass murder.

So you agree that this chap from Saturday should be charged with attempted murder?

Seems a bit extreme. I don't think it's reasonable to thin he intended to kill anyone.

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Attempted Murder !? That seems a bit of an over reaction to me, aggravated assault with a weapon yes but attempted murder ... nah

Stand in front of me during some civil disobedience and I'll hit you in the head with a hammer. Now I don't intend to kill you, even though a hammer, which I swing intently, to the side of the skull has a high possibility of killing you.

It's irrelevant anyway as he hasn't been yet charged with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭BingCrosbee

He fired the rocket directly at the Garda. It was a miracle that none of the Gardai were maimed or killed. This explosive is designed to be shot vertically and certainly not in a crowded area. Absolutely attempted murder and will get a prison sentence at the very least, hopefully. His social welfare should be also withdrawn for 12 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

So what? You're talking about 5,000 people in a country of 67 million, or 0.007% of the population.

• Advertisement

Stand in front of me during some civil disobedience and I'll hit you in the head with a hammer. Now I don't intend to kill you, even though a hammer, which I swing intently, to the side of the skull has a high possibility of killing you.

Yeah but he didn't have a hammer. He had a firework. It's completely different.

He should be charged with something along the lines of aggravated assault and/or assault on a Garda. But does anyone really think he attempted to murder anyone? I'm not sure they do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement