Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 27 - Transfer Thread

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

redarmy wrote: »
    Yes

Might hold on to him so.

Though pool scoring only 2 in their last 7 home games is quite a concern as a Salah owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Wasn't seeing much options so went AWB to Reguillon, risky that he'll start all the coming games but hoping he will in GW29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Looking for a Barnes replacement for GW27, 28 and 30 (may not even have to start in 28 as I'm pretty ok that week). No extra funds to use, so its players below 7 million that I'm stuck looking at.

I'm committed to FH in 29 and am very likely to wildcard in 31, so it is a really short term move (could honestly be a 2 game move if I felt like it)

I've kind of narrowed it down to being between Mount and Raphinha. 2 guys with lots of routes to points with set pieces etc. and both looking particularly good even from open play of late. Both guys with really good fixtures in GW30 too, and for such a short term punt you definitely feel extra inclined to attack the fixtures.

Mount 11/4 to score this weekend, and Raphinha 7/2, which is obviously a very simplistic way of looking at it. Mount 1.06 xG and 0.58 xA from the last 3, compared to Raphinha's 0.9 xG and 2.53 xA.

Anyone care to put some colour on those stats, or have any kind of extra feelings either way? I've to make the decision tonight with all Barnes, Raphinha and Mount's prices likely to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

CSF wrote:
    Anyone care to put some colour on those stats, or have any kind of extra feelings either way? I've to make the decision tonight with all Barnes, Raphinha and Mount's prices likely to move.

Mount has no game in 30 though. Lingard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I went with Lingard don't mind benching him next week as I have to decide who to bench this week between Bamford and Raphinha anyway.

At least I won't next week!

Gonna give Salah the game against Fulham and see how United and Bruno responded this week. I've noticed every time Bruno blanks two game weeks in a row he gets a big score so who knows!

• Advertisement

Mount has no game in 30 though. Lingard?

You’re mixing up 29 and 30. I’m playing FH in 29 so that week isn’t a concern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

My GW29 plan has left me with a strong squad for this weekend, who the hell do I bench from this lot

Cancelo DGW
    Regulion CRY
    Pereira (bha)
    Digne (che) - bench

Kdb DGW
    Gundog DGW
    Son CRY
    Lingard LEE
    Bruno (mci) - bench

Bamford (whu)
    DCL (che)
    Watkins (WOL)

Am I mad benching Bruno?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

CSF wrote: »

I went Barnes to Mount, theres not much between him and Raphina but I just think Chelsea are in a rich vein of form now whereas Leeds seem to blow hot and cold and West Ham isnt an easy place for them to go right now. I own Raphina but have benched him and Dallas for this GW as I feel West Ham can shut Leeds out.

Mount also has an edge on the chance of a clean sheet, 6 CS in 8 games now for Chelsea since Tuchel came in and Mount has played in 7 of those 8. I think he's in with a good chance of attacking returns v Everton and after that theyve got Leeds, more potential there. Then they blank but after that its West Brom. For a 2 or 3 week punt I think he fits the bill (*famous last words)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I went Barnes to Mount, theres not much between him and Raphina but I just think Chelsea are in a rich vein of form now whereas Leeds seem to blow hot and cold and West Ham isnt an easy place for them to go right now. I own Raphina but have benched him and Dallas for this GW as I feel West Ham can shut Leeds out.

Mount also has an edge on the chance of a clean sheet, 6 CS in 8 games now for Chelsea since Tuchel came in and Mount has played in 7 of those 8. I think he's in with a good chance of attacking returns v Everton and after that theyve got Leeds, more potential there. Then they blank but after that its West Brom. For a 2 or 3 week punt I think he fits the bill (*famous last words)

Which leads me to the question who should I bench Bamford or Raphinha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Shedite27 wrote: »
    My GW29 plan has left me with a strong squad for this weekend, who the hell do I bench from this lot

Cancelo DGW
    Regulion CRY
    Pereira (bha)
    Digne (che) - bench

Kdb DGW
    Gundog DGW
    Son CRY
    Lingard LEE
    Bruno (mci) - bench

Bamford (whu)
    DCL (che)
    Watkins (WOL)

Am I mad benching Bruno?

In short, no. Already looking fatigued, City away, double v AC Milan, West Ham playing well and should be fresh, a blank and Leicester in the cup..........all in space of 15 days.

• Advertisement

Looking for a Barnes replacement for GW27, 28 and 30 (may not even have to start in 28 as I'm pretty ok that week). No extra funds to use, so its players below 7 million that I'm stuck looking at

That’s a very very tough call.

I’d go for Raphinha but only just.

Chelsea have a few avenues to score goals and Mount may not always see the 90 minutes but they probably have the easier fixtures.

Raphinha is more likely to be involved if Leeds score. Leeds will spend 90 minutes, in every game, trying to score.

All just my random opinion.

I don’t think anyone can help you with this one. You’re going to have to go with your gut.

That’s a very very tough call.

I’d go for Raphinha but only just.

Chelsea have a few avenues to score goals and Mount may not always see the 90 minutes but they probably have the easier fixtures.

Raphinha is more likely to be involved if Leeds score. Leeds will spend 90 minutes, in every game, trying to score.

All just my random opinion.

I don’t think anyone can help you with this one. You’re going to have to go with your gut.
    Already gone for Mount to avoid being priced out for it in a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Looking for a Barnes replacement for GW27, 28 and 30 (may not even have to start in 28 as I'm pretty ok that week). No extra funds to use, so its players below 7 million that I'm stuck looking at.

I'm committed to FH in 29 and am very likely to wildcard in 31, so it is a really short term move (could honestly be a 2 game move if I felt like it)

I've kind of narrowed it down to being between Mount and Raphinha. 2 guys with lots of routes to points with set pieces etc. and both looking particularly good even from open play of late. Both guys with really good fixtures in GW30 too, and for such a short term punt you definitely feel extra inclined to attack the fixtures.

Mount 11/4 to score this weekend, and Raphinha 7/2, which is obviously a very simplistic way of looking at it. Mount 1.06 xG and 0.58 xA from the last 3, compared to Raphinha's 0.9 xG and 2.53 xA.

I went for mount. Watched one of their games recently and he was everywhere. Good enough for me, and an easy swap to Raphinha in 29.

But wary of all the -4 I am taking but I'm hoping it will work out. Been going well recently. Next plan is likely a -4 for Cancelo to Cresswell, and M Periera to a 29 asset. That would have me at 8 players for 29. One more -4 and I'll have 10 for 29. Honestly think the hit will be worth it to gain points that week, reckon many teams without FH will be seriously short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Should I take out Grealish for Son?
    Dias for Stones?
    Kane for one or Antonio, Ings or Bamford? Which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Should I take out Grealish for Son?
    Dias for Stones?
    Kane for one or Antonio, Ings or Bamford? Which one?

Grealish for Son surely., He's unlikely to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

I don’t think Grealish plays this side of the international break. Smith has been trying to play down the severity of the injury since it happened. Strange going’s on I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Shedite27 wrote:

Shedite27 wrote:
    Cancelo DGW Regulion CRY Pereira (bha) Digne (che) - bench

Shedite27 wrote:
    Kdb DGW Gundog DGW Son CRY Lingard LEE Bruno (mci) - bench

Shedite27 wrote:
    Bamford (whu) DCL (che) Watkins (WOL)

Shedite27 wrote:
    Am I mad benching Bruno?

Have a very similar team and benched both the Everton lads, if Utd do anything then Bruno will likely be involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I went Barnes to Raphinha. I just couldn’t bring Lingard in, he’s going to turn back into the real Jesse Lingard soon :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

I went Barnes to lucas moura, rested thrusday and played and scored week. Just trying to convenice myself it's a good move

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

Went for Barnes to Saka.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I actually bought Ward Prowse just for the week in for Barnes. Going to get Grealish in next week or Maddison depending on injury status

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Benimar wrote: »
    I went Barnes to Raphinha. I just couldn’t bring Lingard in, he’s going to turn back into the real Jesse Lingard soon :pac:

Yeah I hovered over Lingard for a bit but just couldnt bring myself to do it :pac: He'll probably make me regret that now
    keane2097 wrote: »
    I actually bought Ward Prowse just for the week in for Barnes. Going to get Grealish in next week or Maddison depending on injury status

Nice call given JWP has scored a pen today and has a second game still to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Muahahaha wrote: »

Nice call given JWP has scored a pen today and has a second game still to come

Just a bit of luck really but I'll take it for the sake of a week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

PhilipsR wrote: »
    I don’t think Grealish plays this side of the international break. Smith has been trying to play down the severity of the injury since it happened. Strange going’s on I feel.

Just on this, with competition for places so high, Jack will want to play for England to cement his place in the team for the euros. When you look at the number of players England have, run of form of some players and/or injuries to others, no place is guaranteed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Just on this, with competition for places so high, Jack will want to play for England to cement his place in the team for the euros. When you look at the number of players England have, run of form of some players and/or injuries to others, no place is guaranteed.

He can be as eager as he wants but if he's injured enough he cant play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

dsmythy wrote: »
    He can be as eager as he wants but if he's injured enough he cant play.

Yea but Villa and Smith wont' want him going off and playing for England, so be interesting to see what happens - you'll understand both sides, one needs him to get Europe, the other needs to play to help make the euros.

Advertisement