Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a bike help

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'd suggest, if you can, checking out the secondhand market. though that can be intimidating if you're not au fait with bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭rolling boh

For that money the bike is most likely low enough quality wise so second hand would be better not sure where you are based but a local bike shop might have a better used bike if you are not well up on bikes adverts could be dicey but a shop you may have some comeback .If he likes the bike and does a bit more at least during the sunmmer the better bike will stand to him .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

For 10km a day, I would stick with a hybrid. If you want to buy new and your budget can stretch to it, then something like an entry level Carrrera would suffice. Decent enough Shimano gears and relatively light weight for the price.

https://www.halfords.ie/bikes/hybrid-bikes/carrera-parva-mens-hybrid-bike-2020---silver---s%2C-m%2C-l-frames-346142.html

Your husband would be size small for this bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The best thing you could do for him is involve him ask him and get him to actually sit on the bikes and see how they feel.

If you want it to be a surprise then maybe make him a "bike voucher" or the likes.
    I'd love for my fiance to buy me a new bike but I'd hate of I didn't get a say in what it was. (she hasn't a clue about bikes)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Probably the last bit of advice is best get him to try the bikes a bike is an individual thing unless you were both into them and you getting a real high end one .The bikes in halfords may be ok if he just does short trips without really getting into it big time .

• Advertisement
Advertisement