Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower repair

Options
  • 28-02-2021 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi all
    Can anyone recommend a decent lawnmower repair company here in Limerick (that’s open)? It’s too much to ask that the mower could be picked up?(not essential but I can hope)

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Hi all
    Can anyone recommend a decent lawnmower repair company here in Limerick (that’s open)? It’s too much to ask that the mower could be picked up?(not essential but I can hope)

Cheers.
    I have used Mower Power in Castlemungret before. Fine, reasonably priced. Im not sure if they offer collection. I have heard good reviews for Panda Tool Hire (David Walsh) on Hyde Road near the railway station. Tony Kiely in Thomas Street and Hourigans on John Street are others that spring to mind. I think all should still be open for business if involved in the maintenance of machinery.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭CutWeldDrive

chicorytip wrote: »
    I have used Mower Power in Castlemungret before. Fine, reasonably priced. Im not sure if they offer collection. I have heard good reviews for Panda Tool Hire (David Walsh) on Hyde Road near the railway station. Tony Kiely in Thomas Street and Hourigans on John Street are others that spring to mind. I think all should still be open for business if involved in the maintenance of machinery.

Mower Power do a collection and return service for ride on's but it ain't cheap, depending on what is wrong with you mower could run you a couple a hundred euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭ryange

Harding lawnmowers in Pallasgreen do collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

mike meskell, near castleconnell

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭OO7FITZY

can I ask how folks got on with lawnmower repair

my mower is only a push mower and keep cutting out

prob needs a service but with the way pricing has gone on everything lately I don't know what to expect?

any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭djdunny

just a quick one to check before bringing it in for a service. I had a similar issue with my mower and it turned out that the throttle wire appeared to be loose and thus would cut out even when I had the handle fully squeezed. A quick fix was to stick a cable tie on it to create some extra tension on the cable and it hasn’t cut out since.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,220 ✭✭✭✭phog

Panda Hire near the Train Station service lawnmowers, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I have a cheap Mountfield lawnmower going on near ten years now, all that ever stops it running is the carburetor gets clogged up, I took it out and cleaned it the first time but they are so cheap I just but them cheap from China now and replace it.

Fairly simple to replace, look up your model on youtube there is probably a video showing how to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭carbonceiling

Try replacing the spark plug. it's cheap and quick and it might just work.

mine kept cutting out last summer no matter what I did, eventually gave up and had it repaired only to be told the spark plug was the problem all along. I had installed a cheap spark plug I bought on Amazon only a couple of months prior so I assumed the spark plug was fine.

My advice is buy a proper spark plug from a lawnmower shop, they're very cheap. you will also need a special spark plug spanner. if it doesn't work, you won't have lost much, so its worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Anyone know how to take off a blade where the nut is so tight you could stand on the spanner and it wont come loose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭db

It may be a left-handed thread, especially if it is a twin blade mower

Advertisement