Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gordon Elliott

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    Don't think that interview helped much.

Was his main point that you can't do anything anymore, everyone has a mobile phone, even in rural communities.
    Awful interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Davy awful there.
    She should have asked him about pucking the head off a horse that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭Felexicon

munster87 wrote: »
    Was his main point that you can't do anything anymore, everyone has a mobile phone, even in rural communities.
    Awful interview.

What was he thinking going on air for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Shemale wrote: »
    And this is the main problem with Irish Racing, keep everything internal and pretend everyone is great and not doping and not taking the piss out of the animals that are their livelyhood

Taking the piss out of the animals? They're animals, can you really take the piss out of them?

If he was filmed killing a rat with the belt of a hurl, would he be as vilified as he is now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Davy very friendly with GE

He was trying to somehow spin for GE there but it was a bad aul interview for him, lots of pauses and sentences unfinished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Davy awful there.
    She should have asked him about pucking the head off a horse that time.

She was giving him every opportunity to put a case across but he didn't take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I dont know Gordon Elliott but anyone that sits on a dead animal must be a dick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Shemale wrote: »
    Primetime now, Davy Russell just started
    Davy very friendly with GE

He was trying to somehow spin for GE there but it was a bad aul interview for him, lots of pauses and sentences unfinished.

Don’t think he even tried to defend Gordon. It was more you can’t do things nowadays with camera phones and the world has changed . Bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

mikeym wrote: »
    I dont know Gordon Elliott but anyone that sits on a dead animal must be a dick.

Id say you ate part of one for dinner earlier ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭th hen

Such a shocking interview. What was he at. Oh davy ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

The next time I need a character witness in court I'll leave Davy off the list anyway

That interview was embarrassing, why on earth did he go on

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

Poor Oul Davie couldnt articulate his thoughts there atall. Would of loved Ted Walsh there instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Labaik wrote: »
    Poor Oul Davie couldnt articulate his thoughts there atall. Would of loved Ted Walsh there instead.

Ted is way too cute to be caught trying to defend this. He'll be keeping his head down on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Labaik wrote: »
    Id say you ate part of one for dinner earlier ;)

The horse or a dick??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Whoever is running the PR for Elliott is clearly an idiot. Did anyone prep Davy? Because it didn't ****ing look like it and whoever wrote that opening statement the other day :o, a transition year student on work experience would give you a better excuse/explanation.

An operation worth millions and this is how they're handling it, absolute shambles from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I said it earlier than elliot's horses would be affected by moving and Davy confirmed it. Other than that the interview was shall we say not davys best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Basically it is mobile phones fault.

I think he heard the 5G conspiracy comment from the previous interview and decided mobile phone was the thing to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I'd say a lot of people in GE's neck of the woods would want a stiff drink after that Primetime interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

I love racing I dont bet just love racing Davy is a professional horse rider who had the balls to go in front of camera bad an all that it was but he did it
    Q. Would Gordon's yard be skrewed now there must be big money owed and would bills be skipped on now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Don’t think he even tried to defend Gordon. It was more you can’t do things nowadays with camera phones and the world has changed . Bizarre

The only thing that's changed is arseholes get caught being arseholes more often, which is a plus.
    No sympathy for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

I'm not reading anything by Roy Curtis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

I'm not reading anything by Roy Curtis.

Low key too tight to pay for journalism vibes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Low key too tight to pay for journalism vibes

Didn't even scroll down far enough to see it was behind the paywall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭irish_major

Didn't even scroll down far enough to see it was behind the paywall.

It's the first thing it says in the article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Well that is an absolute lie

Wish it was. Its a fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Gordon Elliott is new money, new money always lacks class.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Eddie O leary rumoured to have announced on some preview night that no Giggenstown horses to run in the UK for the forseeable future.

****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Gordon Elliott is new money, new money always lacks class.
    There are plenty of classless toffs as well, they usually buy their way out of trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Eddie O leary rumoured to have announced on some preview night that no Giggenstown horses to ride in the UK for the forseeable future.

****e

Will any of them be running though?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

It was looking that was alright. Interesting if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

If that's true, Michael O'Leary showing off that '**** me' money.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dickdasr1234

I look at this thread, I see '1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page', and I pray ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Needless to say this has been most decisive topic in quite some time!

There is a serious amount of hypocrisy going on all over the place.

Some people need a bit of perspective

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Different times.
    Those who don't know the power of modern media shouldn't
    get involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

policarp wrote: »
    Different times.
    Those who don't know the power of modern media shouldn't
    get involved.

Davy knows, mobile phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

I’m just looking at all the comments on Twitter and what I find the most unusual and disturbing to say the least, are the harshest critics. You’ll see the ones with some title or other as advocates of mental health and the like. You can really see they are worried(not)about the devastation and distress this will have caused the blameless stable staff at cullentra tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Anniepowaaa

6 month suspension was more than enough for the incident, the absolute witch hunt on twitter from ***** who have never seen a race is disgusting and as for the racing post I hope to **** that rag goes up in flames

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

6 month suspension was more than enough for the incident, the absolute witch hunt on twitter from ***** who have never seen a race is disgusting and as for the racing post I hope to **** that rag goes up in flames

Relax Gordon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Thud wrote: »
    How would you say they moved the horse from there?

It came back to life and turned into a unicorn and lived in a mystical far away land, like a fairytale. Take a wild guess, a crane, reefed it on to a trailer, and off to a rendering plant, an industrial process from start to finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Between the photo, Elliott's first statement, James' photo and Davy on Prime Time blaming rural people and mobile phones, they look like they are unable to help themselves at any turn and just make a dreadful position even worse, if that's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Green Peter

We really are a nasty bunch of people in this country, we just love to take people down and stamp all over them. I don't know the man but he made a mistake, everyone does and if our worst moments were exposed there would be alot less posters on here preaching and taking the high moral road.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭batman75

We really are a nasty bunch of people in this country, we just love to take people down and stamp all over them. I don't know the man but he made a mistake, everyone does and if our worst moments were exposed there would be alot less posters on here preaching and taking the high moral road.

The man sat on a deceased animal, smiled while his picture was taken. The whole thing is odious. The only nasty person is Elliott. He has taken himself down. It was a monstrous thing to do and he deserves the book to be thrown at him.
    Horse racing has been a source of national pride. Elliott himself has been a highly successful trainer. It beggars belief that he did this. The optics for the racing industry here are terrible. As was his initial explanatory statement. He has destroyed his reputation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Monstrous? You'd swear he picked up a shotgun, took aim at a horse in the paddock, and pulled the trigger, the way some of ye are going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭batman75

Monstrous? You'd swear he picked up a shotgun, took aim at a horse in the paddock, and pulled the trigger, the way some of ye are going on...

If you do something that would horrify the vast majority of people that’s generally deemed to be monstrous or GUBU if your old enough to know what that term meant.

If you don’t think it’s monstrous then defend it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Allinall

hurikane wrote: »
    Relax Gordon.

It wasn't remotely clever the first time.

Now it's just childish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I’d imagine a 6 month suspension is ballpark what he will get, along with a fine.

The IHRB’s snail pace (which is just the way they work because they’re not a full time organisation) has led to a vacuum. Then Twitter does want Twitter does.

IHRB seem to think that meeting Friday is fast. But in today’s world, it’s just not good enough. The facts are already known. The only thing outstanding is what the punishment is. When that’s fished out everyone can get on with things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Eddie O leary rumoured to have announced on some preview night that no Giggenstown horses to run in the UK for the forseeable future.

****e

That’s what’s all over Twitter. We’ll see. Only yesterday they said as part of their Tiger Roll statement:

We hope he will run next as planned in the cross-country race at Cheltenham, where we hope he will enjoy himself and run well

So that was after the BHA ban.

That would be a quick change of mind. Which of course is very possible.

Advertisement