Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beginner Question: Rolex Stock

• 28-02-2021 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

I've enquired with Weirs about a specific Rolex model I am interested in, and they've replied saying "1 - 2 years lead time".

Is there any point in contacting other Rolex ADs around the world about availability, i.e. do they all share the same 'stock' waiting lists?

Can I get lucky with a specific dealer in a city I visit (I travel in non-COVID times to Australia, Malta, UK, and a few other places) that they might have one in stock... is it just a matter of reaching out to all the dealers in the relevant cities?

Basically I've a couple of models I really like but was hoping for a couple of months rather than years lead time. Am I nuts?

I don't want to go down the reseller route unless I have to. I believe (from lurking) that Chrono24 is a pretty good source, any others?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

What’s the watch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Misgauss blue.

I also like the simple Oyster Perpetual 41's, with the red/yellow faces.

3DataModem wrote: »
    Misgauss blue.

For a Milgauss, that’s is one worth calling around for but....Ireland is so small.

But while not readily available, certainly more available than other.

Consider second hand? Available at around retail. See dealer below with a huge amount of good deals done on c24. Approach and deal direct and you should get a deal close or at retail.

Edit - them red/yellow things are hard to get allegedly. And pure dog **** IMO.
    https://www.chrono24.co.uk/rolex/milgauss-blue--green--gv-2017-box--papers--id18138989.htm?SETLANG=en_GB&SETCURR=EUR

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ladychillaz

3DataModem wrote: »
    Misgauss blue.

1 to 2 years is a very long time to wait. I’m in Singapore, there are a few shops have the watch in stock. The same as in Hong Kong but I’m not sure if they have international post.

1 to 2 years is a very long time to wait. I’m in Singapore, there are a few shops have the watch in stock. The same as in Hong Kong but I’m not sure if they have international post.

Rolex ADs are not permitted post a watch or sell online.

The would lose the dealership in a flash.

• Advertisement

I’ll make some calls.

As soon as Australia reopens I’ll be flying there so will call dealers in Perth, Sydney, and the transit places in Hong Kong, Dubai and Doha. Might get lucky.

A watch enthusiast colleague "has a guy" so is going to put the feelers out for a new model via his network of ADs.

In the meantime I'm going to see if there is someone in Dublin who owns one that I could take a look at to see do I like it in the flesh.

Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement