Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing pet bedding

Options
  • 28-02-2021 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know of any where I can get a dog bed washed? It’s used in the house so not overly dirty or anything. Most of the petrol stations etc that have the big machines outdoors have signs up saying no pet bedding, is anyone aware of any that do allow it or laundrettes etc? Anywhere between Lifford, Derry, letterkenny, twin towns area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Try Duds and Suds in Letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Meant to say that they washed a horse blanket for someone I know so a dog bed would be similar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

I work away alot and at times the machine and dryers at garages would be handy, but I refuse to use them after seeing the dirty antics of people using them to wash pet bedding. Really disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

I wash my dogs bed and any blankets he lays on in my own washing machine. Been doing it this 10 years and were still living yet:):)

lulu1 wrote: »
    I wash my dogs bed and any blankets he lays on in my own washing machine. Been doing it this 10 years and were still living yet:):)

Each to their own. I would have no problem with other owners doing the same instead of using the machines at garages because they don't want to use their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

I hoover mine first, then put them in the machine at home. After, I use a washing machine cleaner, either Dettol or Dr someone, and wash machine with just that at 90 deg. Machine lovely and clean after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

It is too big to fit in my own machine hence the reason why I’m looking for a big machine.

kathleen37 wrote: »
    I hoover mine first, then put them in the machine at home. After, I use a washing machine cleaner, either Dettol or Dr someone, and wash machine with just that at 90 deg. Machine lovely and clean after.

I don't doubt that and totally agree that your machine is perfect afterwards.
    The point I am trying to make is people using the public machines just throw in bedding whatever the state and very much doubt they would go to the process of cleaning afterwards which you did.
    Not very fair on anyone using the machines afterwards.

It is too big to fit in my own machine hence the reason why I’m looking for a big machine.

I think this is a big fault with the machine usually at the back of garages. They can fit abnormally large loads and things that probably should not be put into them.
    Not having a go at anyone just had a bad experience one evening when away. The bedding that was being put into the machine would of been more fitting for a wheelie bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Ok, so I bought a plastic bed today and cushions that do fit in my machine at home. I’ll leave the big one out for the binmen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Ok, so I bought a plastic bed today and cushions that do fit in my machine at home. I’ll leave the big one out for the binmen.

I usually take mine outside with the hose and a bit of carpet cleaner, then just make sure I rinse it well

Advertisement