Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robot lawn mower

Options
  • 28-02-2021 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

Anybody have one?

Theirs so many!

Where to start looking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Ginger83

FFVII wrote: »
    Anybody have one?

Theirs so many!

Where to start looking?

I have a stihl imow and I love it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

There's a giant thread on these - For an investment this big its probably a fair recommendation to read through a good chunk of it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057213541

Best of luck in the search.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Mango Joe wrote: »
    There's a giant thread on these - For an investment this big its probably a fair recommendation to read through a good chunk of it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057213541

Best of luck in the search.
    184 pages....

I know...... But if you look at it models change, prices change, new machines come on the market all the time.

If I was you I'd just read from January last year and get a good grounding in what the pitfalls and potential good advice is.

Opinions vary but I think Husqvarna are still King & definitely pay for the wire to be professionally buried on your lawn perimeter or else spend the last of your sanity on looking for breaks in it every 3 months.

I know...... But if you look at it models change, prices change, new machines come on the market all the time.

If I was you I'd just read from January last year and get a good grounding in what the pitfalls and potential good advice is.

Opinions vary but I think Husqvarna are still King & definitely pay for the wire to be professionally buried on your lawn perimeter or else spend the last of your sanity on looking for breaks in it every 3 months.

As you said opinions vary but I would not be a fan of burying the wire. When you peg it down you can easily make adjustments.

• Advertisement

The mcculloch are Husqvaras too,
    Why pay someone when you could do it yourself ! or just pin it down.

My wire was buried wrong twice so I just pegged it down myself.

Ginger83 wrote: »
    As you said opinions vary but I would not be a fan of burying the wire. When you peg it down you can easily make adjustments.
    Ginger83 wrote: »
    My wire was buried wrong twice so I just pegged it down myself.

I know what you're saying - But still, in my experience pinning it down doesn't work well a few years down the line with damage from kids playing, general wear and tear, pressure from wheelbarrow wheels etc.

A friend of mine had the neighbours dog rip out half of theirs with some crafty digging....he chewed through other choice bits too.

Depends on the size of the site and complexity of the layout I suppose.

I know what you're saying - But still, in my experience pinning it down doesn't work well a few years down the line with damage from kids playing, general wear and tear, pressure from wheelbarrow wheels etc.

A friend of mine had the neighbours dog rip out half of theirs with some crafty digging....he chewed through other choice bits too.

Depends on the size of the site and complexity of the layout I suppose.

I can see the advantage of burying the wire as long as the fitter is experienced.
    Have you a complicated garden OP?

Advertisement