Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fedex query?

Options
  • 28-02-2021 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Parcel sent from USA 1st Feb, delivered by Fedex Priority Service 3 days later.
    Nothing was said by Fedex driver and parcel handed over.
    18 days later, received a mail from NOREPLY@fedex.com saying "delivery has incurred import charges and these are now due".
    Cost of item was €145, import charge is showing up €51.66 but there is no breakdown of this and can't reply to the Fedex mail address to check it.
    I presume the email is legit as has the correct Fedex number inside the mail but I thought Fedex would ask for any import duty before they hand over the parcel?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No, they don't. They send out a payment request after.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

A lot of couriers do bill before delivery, but I've had deliveries with Fedex where they always billed about 3 weeks after delivery. Charge is most likely made of 21% VAT on the total cost (item + delivery charge) and then €15 handling fee, so €51.66 is about right for that. You could insist on getting a bill breakdown, but you'd need to ring them to get that.

Any idea what time FedEx deliver until these days?

Advertisement