Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Marlmount

Options
  • 28-02-2021 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I’m looking to purchase one of the new homes currently available in the Marlmount development in Dundalk, Co.Louth. Does anybody know the area or indeed the Marlmount estate. Any feedback on the houses in Marlmount is very much welcome or indeed the area around Marlmount. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Try the Louth forum maybe? At least put Dundalk in your thread title, most threads with just estate names are in Dublin so people will assume this is too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

I dont live too far from it, im new to the area a year and have to say Marlmount is one of the nicer developments ive seen, big more spacious and seems to be well finished from what i see passing on the footpath.

Location is brilliant also, close to Dundalk but still out a bit from it and also 10-15 mins walk to Blackrock and the beach. If i had an option for new builds in the Dundalk area Marlmount would def be the place i'd choose.

You also have the gaa club up the road with the school, sextons across the road and supervalu and the gym around the corner also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 D1NewHome

Caranica wrote: »
    Try the Louth forum maybe? At least put Dundalk in your thread title, most threads with just estate names are in Dublin so people will assume this is too.
    Thank you. I overlooked this, good shout adding Louth to the thread title, or at least Dundalk. I’ll scope out a forum which fits with this thread.

dave 27 wrote: »
    I dont live too far from it, im new to the area a year and have to say Marlmount is one of the nicer developments ive seen, big more spacious and seems to be well finished from what i see passing on the footpath.

Location is brilliant also, close to Dundalk but still out a bit from it and also 10-15 mins walk to Blackrock and the beach. If i had an option for new builds in the Dundalk area Marlmount would def be the place i'd choose.

You also have the gaa club up the road with the school, sextons across the road and supervalu and the gym around the corner also.
    Thank you. I’m not from the area and other threads had mixed messages about the Marlmount development, although the reviews were pretty old and were potentially related to the first phase of the development.
    This helps me out and gives me some insight into the area. I may just have to knock on one or two doors within Marlmount to gauge the feel for the area and the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

D1NewHome wrote: »
    Thank you. I’m not from the area and other threads had mixed messages about the Marlmount development, although the reviews were pretty old and were potentially related to the first phase of the development.
    This helps me out and gives me some insight into the area. I may just have to knock on one or two doors within Marlmount to gauge the feel for the area and the community.

They seem to put a decent emphasis on the landscaping for the development too which you dont get in other new builds, you can see how it's maturing in phase 1 which is lovely. Blackrock is a very nice area, we still pinch ourselves every now and again at being able to get a place here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Been for sale for years and years.

Been for sale for years and years.
    The new phase was only recently constructed.

dave 27 wrote: »
    They seem to put a decent emphasis on the landscaping for the development too which you dont get in other new builds, you can see how it's maturing in phase 1 which is lovely. Blackrock is a very nice area, we still pinch ourselves every now and again at being able to get a place here
    Agreed, the original phase of housing in Marlmount Dundalk does display nice mature landscaping. Not too sure what the plan is for landscaping in the new phase, little to no information online regarding the communal landscaping.

Advertisement