Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to burn belly fat

• 01-03-2021 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Want to get motivated on safe and secure methods to burn stubborn belly fat??? Keep the thread...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭ongarite

Eat less food aka reduce your calorie intake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

You cant really target one area, just keep ensuring a calorie deficit.

Mix some general strength training to build other muscles as well as cardio to burn fat.

Eat more food with a low calorie density i.e. calories/gram.

In other words, a kg of broccoli has less calories than a kg of chocolate.

No surprises that more greens are good for losing weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

In the same boat as yourself OP. I'm trying intermittent fasting (i.e. skipping breakfast, only eating lunch and dinner)

Lunch: Scrambled eggs with brown bread OR Muesli with banana
    Dinner: Chicken breast, brown rice and broccoli. Greek yogurt for dessert.

3.5 months in, belly has not gone down much but there is some progress to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,889 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

You can't spot-reduce fat. There should be sticky on this at this stage.

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »

Well not without surgery!

But I don't think that's what the op meant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭Cill94

Dial Hard wrote: »

Yes for the love of god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Monikins wrote: »
    Want to get motivated on safe and secure methods to burn stubborn belly fat??? Keep the thread...

Body naturally create layer of fat in abdominal to protect vital organs and immune system. Some scientist say that we have second brain in the gut in a form of microbiome.

If you are fit and follow healthy lifestyle perhaps that little fat wouldn't do any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

HIIT high intensity interval training. Strength training. Adding vinegar to meals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Adding vinegar to meals.

Curious to know what this is supposed to achieve?

• Advertisement

Cake Man wrote: »

Kills your stomach over time, makes it hard to eat as much?

But yeah - I'm wondering if there was a "serious" answer here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭Cill94

Simple - pour half the bottle over your food and you won’t want to eat it anymore. Fat loss made easy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Cill94 wrote: »
    Simple - pour half the bottle over your food and you won’t want to eat it anymore. Fat loss made easy. :)

This is accurate. There is no scientific conclusive data, but many people reported nausea due to adding apple cider vinegar, so they just ate less.

Also the acid has, at least in mice, been loosely seen to affect fat binding. Nothing conclusive in people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

This is accurate. There is no scientific conclusive data, but many people reported nausea due to adding apple cider vinegar, so they just ate less.

Also the acid has, at least in mice, been loosely seen to affect fat binding. Nothing conclusive in people.

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

14 best ways to burn fat fast https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/best-ways-to-burn-fat

I read it last week, hence vinegar stood out for me as I never heard it before. However the jury seems to be out on this upon further research. Personally I wouldn't bother with it upon reading more on it but from the link above vinegar is 4th of the list

4. Add Vinegar to Your Diet
    Vinegar is well known for its health-promoting properties.

In addition to its potential effects on heart health and blood sugar control, increasing your intake of vinegar may help bump up fat burning, according to some research (13Trusted Source).

One study found that consuming 1–2 tablespoons (15–30 ml) of vinegar daily reduced people’s body weight, belly fat and average waist circumference over a 12-week period (14Trusted Source).

Consuming vinegar has also been shown to enhance feelings of fullness and reduce appetite (15Trusted Source).

Another small study of 11 people showed that adding vinegar to the diet reduced daily calorie intake by up to 275 calories (16Trusted Source).

It’s easy to incorporate vinegar into your diet. For example, many people dilute apple cider vinegar with water and drink it as a beverage a few times per day with meals.

However, if drinking vinegar straight doesn’t sound appealing, you can also use it to make dressings, sauces and marinades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's delicious on chips. With salt.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Dante

Eat less, exercise more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Smelly farts :D

Tyrone212 wrote: »

If you feel lazy to do all that above.
    Remove food high in Carbs including fructose from your diet. And in a matter of few months, you would have to buy jeans in the slimline section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

As someone who (as of this morning) has just lost a stone.... I've gone with the highly mystical and esoteric, 'eating fewer calories' approach.

I haven't been particularly concerned about macros or anything that would make it seem like work, just basic calorie tracking. Substituting calorie dense foods in my day to day meals with other options. I've also been eating vegetarian three days a week (which has been quite a good opportunity to improve my veggie cooking), I've reduced alcohol intake (and substituted my usual stout for gin and slimline when I do take a drink) and made some changes to my portion sizes and ratios with my dinner.....ultimately everything just boils down to eating fewer calories one way or another, tracking them and keeping to a strict limit even on the days I eat something unhealthy.

Or maybe it's all just because I like balsamic vinegar...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭omeara1113

Count calories since January I've lost 1 stone 6lb just counting calories Google will tell you how many calories are in things

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Removing food that’s high in carbs will do nothing if the person isn’t in a calorie deficit at the end of the day.

Yes and no... The carbs what messing up with the hormones and make us feel hungry every few hours. By replacing carbs with proper meals you would feel less hunger and run longer without food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

I’ve lost 14kg since 15/2/21.
    No Booze
    No Bread
    No Biscuits
    No Cake
    No Fast Food.
    And I walk an hour a day.
    It’s really simple maths, Calories in (Less) than Calories burned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

Functional Full Body HIIT
    Nutritional Keto (virtually no carbs is easier than low carbs)
    Prepare meals in advance
    Detox more
    Sleep more

Consider a PT, using a Quest 2 (Supernatural) or BionicGym

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭newirishman

turbot wrote: »
    Prepare meals in advance
    Detox more
    Sleep more

You’d be surprised how little HIIT does for weight loss, or sport in general.
    Detox? That’s what your liver and kidneys are good for.

The only thing in this list that makes any sense is the sleep. Try to get your 8 hours in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Calories deficit, in vs out, as others have said above. Also movement, vigorous movement that gets the flab giggling around the place, such as skipping, walking uphill, cycling, swimming, etc. Don't try to overdo it & set yourself achievable longer term goals. The fat didn't appear in a short time, its not going to disappear in a short time, there ain't no magic fixes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,646 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

markmoto wrote: »
    Yes and no... The carbs what messing up with the hormones and make us feel hungry every few hours. By replacing carbs with proper meals you would feel less hunger and run longer without food.

So...reduced carbs and reduced protein in our diets.

What is a 'proper meal' and how does it replace carbs?

The past few weeks I've been skipping lunch. So I wait and have my breakfast (something light) around noon and then don't eat again until 5. If I'm absolutely starving I'll have a piece of fruit to tide me over. You actually get used to it after a few days.

For dinner I just eat a regular dinner, meat, veg, potatoes. Something I enjoy. A yoghurt for dessert.

I come in around 1500 calories a day doing this and I've lost over 4kg so far.

It's easy to follow, which is what I like about it.

The past few weeks I've been skipping lunch. So I wait and have my breakfast (something light) around noon and then don't eat again until 5. If I'm absolutely starving I'll have a piece of fruit to tide me over. You actually get used to it after a few days.

For dinner I just eat a regular dinner, meat, veg, potatoes. Something I enjoy. A yoghurt for dessert.

I come in around 1500 calories a day doing this and I've lost over 4kg so far.

It's easy to follow, which is what I like about it.

Surely enough if you keep at 1500 calories eating small portions you would lose weight. Would you be able to maintain that lifestyle for years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,360 ✭✭✭bladespin

turbot wrote: »
    Prepare meals in advance
    Detox more
    Sleep more

Why make it so difficult?

There's no need for keto, detox or HIIT if you want to loose fat:

Eat food that you like but track your calories (properly), if you want to go one better then track macros as well, this will boost your understanding of what different foods do for you, it's also a really good way to drop all the rubbish as it's like playing tetris with your food, you'll soon get rid of the rubbish that takes up space.

For exercise, get some, that's good, HIIT works but so does walking, jogging etc, if you really want visible results then do some weight training, as exercise alone it doesn't burn calories any better than many others but it has the added benefits of building a good physique and the added muscle will require nutrition so your calorie requirements will go up - ie you burn calories faster.

Pretty simple really, it's not rocket science but there are no shortcuts.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Advertisement