Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BER needed for sale

Options
  • 01-03-2021 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi, How recent does a BER Cert need to be to sell a house? i.e. does it need t be within say the last 5 years? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Omallep2 wrote: »
    Hi, How recent does a BER Cert need to be to sell a house? i.e. does it need t be within say the last 5 years? Thanks

Lasts ten years AFAIK.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

10 years

or until works have been carried out to the structure that effect the rating

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

All BER are valid for 10 years once you don’t carry out works that would alter that rating.

You could hand over a BER from 9 years and 364 days ago and once that’s the closing day it’s valid :)

Advertisement