Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soggy Grass

Options
  • 01-03-2021 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Good Morning,

I'm looking for some advice. We moved into our new build property in August, the last week of the month they laid turf across the entire garden. We've pretty much stayed off the grass since then, bar the dog who goes out daily to do his business. It hasn't had its first cut yet and it'll be due it any time now with Spring coming. I'm wondering how I can address the squashiness of it. Theres areas appear fine and others that I could sink an inche into it still. I've contemplated putting in a french drain system, however I'm wondering if there's anything simpler someone could recommend. Ive read a roller might be able to help to compress it down, but I'm lost what to do before I start digging trenches up and down my garden.

Thank you!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it could well be that the soil is heavily compacted, if it's a new build - what did it look like before the turf was rolled out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jeffstheman

it could well be that the soil is heavily compacted, if it's a new build - what did it look like before the turf was rolled out?

I believe they put down a layer of gravel, and then some top soil on top of that. I think the soil in the area is full of clay as well.

Advertisement