Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a new garage

Options
  • 01-03-2021 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭

Hi all quick question. I have a detatched house which had a garage but due to a parents Illness we converted it to a granny flat (full planning permission granted) I would like to have a garage again and was wondering if I could build one out my front garden without planning I cannot build to the side and there would be no access coming into the back garden from the front as the space is not side enough to fit a car. I have seen mention of not being able to build beyond the front of the house but it also says you can build a garage for up to 25sq meters. Does this mean I need planning again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

fliball123 wrote: »
    Hi all quick question. I have a detatched house which had a garage but due to a parents Illness we converted it to a granny flat (full planning permission granted) I would like to have a garage again and was wondering if I could build one out my front garden without planning I cannot build to the side and there would be no access coming into the back garden from the front as the space is not side enough to fit a car. I have seen mention of not being able to build beyond the front of the house but it also says you can build a garage for up to 25sq meters. Does this mean I need planning again?

You won't get any answers to this in the "Meath" thread. You're better off posting in https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1626

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

fliball123 wrote: »

You'll definitely need planning permission to build something at the front of the house. Ring Meath Co Co planning section for info, I've found them helpful in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭fliball123

PauloMN wrote: »
    You'll definitely need planning permission to build something at the front of the house. Ring Meath Co Co planning section for info, I've found them helpful in the past.

Thanks Paulo

Advertisement