Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Digital/paper! Certs, the Megathread - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

@El Weirdo hoping it won't be too long . 👀

We have just 2 weeks now to our holiday ..10 working days .

@Sam W yes.. I uploaded mine as I got mine within the first couple of weeks. Put it on Covid App but turn the app off .

My oh said he would probably take a screen shot and pin it to his home screen so he has it " on tap " , literally .

That's assuming his arrives 😶

Already talked to GP and he put everything except our postal code in so the mix up is either at the other end or some glitch in the system , or someone just missed a button .

Usually human error but as long as we get it in time we don't mind .

That " helpline" is the pits though .

@Champagne Sally thanks , glad ye got sorted. Onwards and upwards now , by plane hopefully !

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

Anyone know what to do when everything is right and it still doesn’t arrive?

Husband fully vax on 7th July via gp. No Cert. rang on 28th July, confirmed all details - date missing for second vax, details given - told it’d be out in 5 days. no cert.

Got through again today. Agent can see all is correct, verified everything again. Agent cannot see why it hasn’t been sent. Says they’ve done all he can do and now it’s down to the HSE. The HSE say they have nothing to do with it.

Where can you go from here? Already emailed a td who sent it to a “resolver team” - still no cert 10’days on from that email. What now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

id say it’s fairly common. I’m missing my middle name and my double barrelled name on my cert, but if anyone says anything they need to just cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

Email this guy. He's good at getting it sorted. Ossian.Smyth@oireachtas.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

Finally received my certificate today through a 1.00am email after getting my 2nd vaccination at the GP on July 22nd.

All good, some takeaways about getting through:

• Called the phone number initially on I believe 29th/30th of July, spoke to someone for 1-2 min after being on hold for two hours before the call being cut off. Tried again the next day and someone was able to create a case for me, and said I would receive the cert in the next few days.
    • After no news, called again the phone number this Tuesday at 8.27am.. it will take about 2.5 minutes to go through the menu options, the phone was thereafter answered after waiting 3 minutes. Earlier I noticed that when you call at f.e. 8.20am the call will be cut off as operators aren't there yet, if you call at 8.30am there are probably loads of people ahead of you already.
    • Also emailed three of my local TDs last Tuesday.. they were very helpful and after receiving some personal information they said they would escalate this directly to the HSE.
    • Don't know which of these last steps triggered it, but I was called back by the HSE / phone 015119690 to check my vaccinations, and send again my first dose details to their email address DCCDocs@health.gov.ie - now with a case number. Not sure if that phone number receives inbound calls, but perhaps worth to try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

@Champagne Sally it landed finally in his inbox this morning 👍

Awayyy Up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Champagne Sally

That's great news. Such a relief, Happy Holidays!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Stella50

Very similar experience here. After my local SF TD's inability/refusal to help, I contacted by email both the FF and FG TDs in our area on Tuesday evening. I received a reply from both on Wednesday morning asking for my vaccine details. I emailed these to them and receivced a call from HSE on Thursday at 15.30. Asked for a copy of the passport and I received my Cert last evening at 17.50. It would appear that the TDs are the way to go if you need your cert for travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I received my second dose in June and still no cert. I put my details in to the Cert portal and got the message that something was missing. Have been trying to get through to the helpline but no luck so far.

This morning I got a call to complete some of the missing details (address and email) and it will be sent out in next few days. So there must be some work ongoing to follow up on the incomplete records in the Db. Thankfully I don’t need to listen to that ridiculous recording on the helpline anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Late to this particular thread.

I'm a covid recovered person (Since late June) and I have my covid sample positive identification number from the test centre as given to me by the local HSE public health nurse who has been trying to help my cause.

Have called the 1800 number 6 times now and on one occasion spoke to a team leader/ manager who said they could only submit my details to the HSE and nothing else they could do as they only collect information - they were happy they had recorded what needing recording. He finished by saying it seems the HSE don't have record of me having recovered from Covid.

The online portal doesn't recognise my details.

I am at this over 6 weeks now, local TD was only able to ring the number/ enter the details on the online portal and getting same result as me (Why they bother copying exactly what I have done is beyond me)

I am unable to access indoor hospitality, I can't travel abroad and I can't get vaccinated as I have a to wait a number of months after infection. I have followed the rules on requesting the cert but it is going nowhere.

Any suggestions out there? Maybe speak to the media?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Not much help getting your recovery digital certificate but you should be able to get vaccinated. You only need to wait 28 days from a positive test to vaccination.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just to update, my DCC arrived by email just after midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this.

I want an EU Digital Covid Certificate, but I can’t get one because the HSE hasn’t record of my vaccination, because I received both of my AstraZeneca jabs in Britain.

Is there a process for me to register my UK vaccinations with the HSE, in order that I can get an Irish EU Digital Covid Cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Timfy

You won't be able to avail of the EU DCC as you were not vaccinated in an EU country under the EU criteria.

That said, I believe that the UK cert is recognised by the EU, and therefore Ireland, as a legitimate document and should be accepted in liue of an EU one at pubs, restaurants, airports etc.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Depends which Batch of the AZ jab you got, the UK used some made in India and did not bother to register those batches correctly, so they are not recognoised in the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 patobrien12

I have been told that even if you get your covid passport the day after the second jab it will not work for a week? Is this true as I need book flights and I assumed I was covered the minute I get the passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

That’s correct, dependant on the vaccine there is a wait period of up to 15 days until you’re considered fully vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

It will work straight away. When scanned, the scanner will show when you got your vaccine etc. It's up to the scanner what they do with that information.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Many countries require 14 for Pfizer, we do 7 so don't expect that it'll be good for travel even when it scans here.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

That’s not entirely true. It won’t work straight away for its intended purpose. Airport staff will confirm if your 2nd vaccine date is after the wait period and not allow travel if it’s not, and I’ve seen this first hand flying back to Cork.

Post edited by HalfAndHalf on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Jafin

Is it common knowledge that the certs aren't valid for indoor dining until two weeks after you get your second dose? I got my second dose last week, friend got hers two days beforehand, and we both received our certs the day after our second dose, which we thought was strange as we knew you're not considered fully vaccinated until two weeks after the second dose. I went for dinner with my mam yesterday, waited half an hour in a queue and when it was our turn to be seated I was told my cert was showing as invalid and was asked when I got my second dose. Told her, and she said that unfortunately we have to wait two weeks after our second dose for it to be valid and she apologised profusely.

I felt like a right idiot and figured I must have missed something either on the cert or in the email. I checked both after leaving and it doesn't mention anywhere about the cert being invalid for indoor dining until two weeks after the second dose. Told my friend and she also had no idea. I had to trawl through the gov.ie website to actually find any mention of it. Maybe I'm stupid and I should have used common sense to figure it out, but it really should be made very clear when you get the cert that you can't dine/drink indoors until two weeks after your second dose. I don't understand why we even receive them so soon if we can't use them, or can you use them for travel straight away with no two week waiting period?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I can now open my QR code by just double-pressing the power button on my phone and on my watch, instead of having to unlock the phone first, open my albums, scroll through a million tiny thumbnails and find the correct picture.

can I ask what phone you have and how you have set that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

Apologies if this has been asked and answered. Has anyone used the portal to get a forename updated?

Tried a couple of times yesterday and today but just got message to say cert couldn't be updated at this time.

Don't need cert for travel until November but I'd rather get it sorted sooner rather than later.

Thanks!

The Covid Tracker app can store a copy of your cert, I just found out. If you go into the app there will be an option at the top of the page to register your cert. Go into that and it will let you scan the QR code from your cert and store it in the app. You will either need to have a paper copy of the cert or be able to display it on another screen (like a computer or some other phone etc.) so it can be scanned and stored though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I know that and have already done that. I was asking how they opened up the cert with just a double tap on the power button.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wikidy

Unfortunately you can't get a EU Digital Covid cert as you were vaccinated outside the EU.

However UK digital certs are valid in the EU.

What you can do is scan your UK cert into the Irish Covid Tracker app. It recognizes that it is a UK certificate and imports the QA code and all dates and details.

This also works for the French TousAntiCovid app, as NHS certificates are now recognized in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Sam W

iPhone, Apple Watch.

There are a lot of apps that allow you to add the pass to your iPhone/Android. covid19passbook.netlify.app is the one recommended by Irish media but there are a lot of others.

On Apple Watch I use Stocard.

For iPhone, you just use Safari and go to covid19passbook.netlify.app, scan your QR code and add to your wallet. Simple as that.

For Apple Watch, you would install Stocard app to your iPhone first, then install the same app to your watch. Then open Stocard from iPhone, choose the EU Covid Certificate option and scan the QR code.

Double clicking on my phone:

Double clicking on my watch:

Post edited by Sam W on

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Mine scanned as invalid until day 7 after pfizer so i doubt it would work straight away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭hynesie08

@Sam W For Apple Watch, you would install Stocard app to your iPhone first, then install the same app to your watch. Then open Stocard from iPhone, choose the EU Covid Certificate option and scan the QR code.

Just did this with my Android phone and fossil watch, worked perfectly. Assigned a hardware button to it so one touch and away.

Advertisement