Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Digital/paper! Certs, the Megathread - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Froglad

We were actually abroad and used the vaccination card to board the Ferry get through custom. The cert is only needed for countries like france that requires it for going into restaurant, parks, large shopping centre etc... In which they don't check your identity so you could actually use anyones as long as you're the same age / sex !

Do airlines ask for the cert in Dub airport for example or is the hse vaccination card enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

Do you mind sharing how you got it sorted? Even by PM if you need to? I have a family member in exactly the same situation and its driving us up the walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Seems a lot of people in same situation as myself. Vaccinated 6 or 7 weeks ago. Rang DCC line and finally got through 2 weeks ago and they said I had no account created, but could see I was vaccinated. They set that up and said I'd have it within 5 days.

Still nothing. The digital portal just tells me I'll receive it in 5 days, whereas before it threw an error saying it couldn't find my case. So some progress I guess, but no faith of it progressing from here without further intervention.

Sitting on hold on the helpline again now, so lets see.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Update on the post above - got through to DCC who told me that "The request was with HSE and there was nothing they could do". Apparently I "just have to wait".

Six weeks wait so far isn't enough, seemingly. Not exactly confidence inspiring, I have to say.

Edit: Rang a few diff HSE numbers and everyone is telling me that the DCC helpline are the only ones who can sort this, and that their explanation outlined above doesn't make sense. Totally at a loss now.

Post edited by Knex* on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Sam W

Contact your local TD and emphasise that you have waited 6 weeks. TD’s have a dedicated helpline.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭drawnacrol

Rang at 8:29 a week ago. It took 2 hours and 40 minutes before someone answered my call and then it took 10 minutes of sorting out details. They had my PPS but no email or phone number. I got an email with my Covid pass then.

Glad to have it sorted but losing 3+ hours of midweek work for something I could easily have filled in online(if the online website worked!) is a joke. Stay persistent folks and just dedicate a morning to ringing. If you haven't got the cert after a month+ then they don't have your details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Glorob

01 5119690 worked for me after almost a month of frustration.

Initially rang the 1800 number on 28th July last having been vaccinated in May. Called again on 6th August, 13th August and 20th August.Gave relevant details on each of the first 3 calls. Was told on 13th August that there appeared to be no record of first call, case was set up after second call but relevant information not entered so case would go nowhere. Was given a case no. on 13th August and requested to submit documents, which I did. No sign of the cert so rang on 20th August, advised documents had been received but that my record was not yet updated.

As I am travelling on Thursday I rang 01 5119690 (HSE Digital COVID Certificate Support Team) around 11.30 am. on Monday of this week. Was informed they had all the information and they would action same. Called same time on Tuesday and was advised my data had been verified and I should receive certificate overnight. Was told if it did not arrive to call later today.

I received email with Digital COVID Certificate attached about an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 doodlebla

Where did you find that number? What is different about that line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 nsauce

Has anyone been successful in getting the digital COVID cert if they got one dose in Europe or in the UK and the other in Ireland? Or know of anyone who has? I got my first dose in France because I was studying there and then I came home over the summer and got my second dose here.

Finally got through to the helpline this morning and they said they'll look into getting me a cert if I send them proof for each dose but that it might not be possible because I got one abroad.

I thought I was so lucky being able to get my first dose in France because people in there 20s still weren't getting vaccinated in Ireland but it's actually turned out to be such a hassle. First trying to get my second dose here took forever and now trying to get the COVID cert.

I know people who were vaccinated in France and after the first dose they received a QR code and if you scanned it in the French app it said "vaccination in progress". Perhaps that could be used to prove to the HSE you had a dose in France? From what I have seen of the Irish system, you might have a better chance of getting your cert in France.

Vaccinated in Ireland and visiting family in France. Pharmacies in France can give you a EU Cert if you show them the HSE vaccination card. However, you do need a Numero de securite sociale (If you ever worked in France, you'll find one on your old salary slip. If you're French, contact your local caisse d'assurance maladie.) or you need a Code Patient (I still haven't figured out what that is)

We finally received it this morning. We called the HSE number on Monday (Not the Covid cert helpline one) which we got through after 2 minutes. First, the lady said she couldnt' help, that we had to ring the Covid cert helpline. I told her we had already done it 3 weeks ago and that a case had been raised with the HSE. She was still saying she couldn't help but then I asked her to at least check whether she could see the second does in the HSE system and she couldn't. She said she would escalate the case and that if we don't hear back by Friday to call back the HSE number again. We received it at 6am this morning after 6 weeks.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Folks has anyone got a cert following a PCR test? I did my test yesterday and got a cert from the company itself saying im negative (drive thru at Dublin airport) but no EU digital cert.

Apologies if covered already, search is a disaster.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They should have emailed you it. The text is useless on its own.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Never got an EU cert in the end, was fine with my cert from the company (flying into Lanzarote)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Southeasterly

Hi,

Just realised that my husbands name on his EU cert and passport are different, Joe and Joseph and we are flying out at the weekend. Will this cause problems with either the Spainish passenger locator form or with boarding a plane? I have been on hold to the helpline for the last while but cannot wait on hold for much longer. I know that there is a self service option to change the name but I am worried that this would not be done for the weekend. Thank you

They would have every right to refuse you from boarding the plane, leaving alone entering Spain. It may or may not happen, but you won’t want to risk that.

Hold on to the phone. You can fill in the self service at the same time but it usually takes at least a few days before the new one is received.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Intend to fly back to Ireland in a couple of months. I have been vaccinated in a 'designated' country. Said country has introduced a digital cert system in the past couple of weeks but as is the nature of things in Latin America, their online systems are often times broken...and that's what has happened in this case. Their system can't give me a digital vaccine cert because it simply doesn't work for me. Attempts to get one manually leave me in a latin bureaucratic merry go round where there is no accountability, no one cares and the problem will remain unsolved.

My question is - when traveling from further afield, is a cert insisted on or will whomever checks this stuff at the airports accept my vaccine card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

An absolute shower doesn't begin to describe it. Vaccinated 20th July in Chemist, still waiting on my cert, either physical or digital. Rang the 1800 number several times, have now been told the issue is on my chemists end and the HSE are waiting on info from them. I sincerely doubt that as the owner of the chemist confirmed everything is fine on their end. She's re-sent the information and fingers crossed I can get this sorted.

Going to call the 01 number on Monday, I'm flying on Thursday and it's really not good enough. They have all the details they could possibly need.

As many people can attest in the previous posts, the issue is 99% on your chemist side.

Once all essential data has been received by HSE, it’s just an automated system to generate and issue the certificate. Your chemist may have misspelled your email or home address, didn’t provide the batch number or vaccine date or vaccine type etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Treplev

I tested positive for covid in the UK in July but because I was not registered with an NHS GP, I cannot get my NHS Covid pass/recovery cert. I am flying back to Ireland in a few weeks and still won't have an NHS number by then. Will they accept my positive PCR test email from the NHS as proof of recovery ?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭baz9375

Great news for anyone vaccinated in Northern Ireland. You can apply for the EU digital covid cert from 20th September.

Not sure if it will be open to Irish/EU passport holders only?

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/local-news/662740/people-vaccinated-in-ni-can-apply-for-digital-covid-certs-from-20th-september-o-murchu.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭patnor1011

That is little misleading, you do not need to be the same sex these days but will have to escalate things and throw in transphobia at anyone who is checking your cert. I would say that this will lead to speedy apology and successful entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

I recently completed vaccination outside of Ireland/EU. Can I get a EU digital cert in Ireland when i go back to Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Hi Guys,

My wife and are are fully vaccinated, and visited Spain this weekend for a wedding. We fly home later tonight. Route is: ZGZ - STN, kip overnight in airport hotel, then first thing flight STN-DUB.

The changing rules in the UK (including today) have caused us alot of confusion. We expect to land in STN tonight at 23:00, and leave STN at 06:00 the following morning. Can anyone help us understand , what we need? My understanding is, as of Oct 4th, all we need is evidence of fully vaccinated, and a completed UK passenger locator form. For the Irish element of the journey, we also need to prove we are fully vaccinated, and have an Irish-specific passenger locator form completed.

Based on the research we've both been doing on the official UK government site, there is a lot of reference to 'Day 2' testing, and having to have these booked. But there is also a lot of contradicted literature claiming that passengers from Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland & Wales are treated essentially as UK travelers, and there is no need to book a test.

Ultimately, if we arrive in STN, and they insist we get a test, it will be after 23:00, and our next flight is at 06:00, so it would be difficult/ impossible to get one anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

passengers travelling FROM Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland & Wales are treated essentially as UK travelers. as you are travelling from Spain it doesn't apply to you. These are the transit rules for england. this section seems relevant to you

If you will be travelling on to Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the Channel Island or the Isle of Man, you must follow the rules for testing and quarantine in those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Thanks! So my interpretation of that is, we don't need a test on arrival, or pre-departure from the UK to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

that would be my interpretation as well. It also says this

If you will be transiting through England, you need to do the following before you travel:

If you follow the COVID-19 test link it then says

You must take a COVID-19 test before you travel to England if you either:

• do not qualify as fully vaccinated for travel to England
    • have been in a country or territory on the red list in the 10 days before you will arrive in England

If you are fully vaccinated and haven't been in a red list country then you just need to complete the passenger locator form for england.

Advertisement