Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Digital/paper! Certs, the Megathread - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Yes, the Day 2 test thing was confusing me though! So I paid the 2.99 to have it booked, I don't want any issues at the airport(s).. We were scheduled to travel yesterday, and didn't have a negative test, so Ryanair refused to let us board and we had to rebook everything! Told us to 'come back tomorrow'.

We now have: (and it's Oct 4th, so the rules have been simplified somewhat)

1) Boarding Cards

2) Digital COVID Certs (both fully vacc'd for more than 14 days)

3) UK Passenger Locator Forms

4) Proof of 'Day 2' Test for arrival in UK, (even though we will only be on UK soil for about 8 hours!)

I'm worried the same staff will be on tonight, (It's a very small airport, only flight after 8PM!) and they will try and say we still can't travel...

Post edited by GrumPy on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Is anyone aware of how this expansion to Irish citizens in non EU countries will work?

From the article:

"The service will be expanded further to Irish citizens in non EU countries on 21 October.

Exceptions will be for residents of countries awarded an equivalence decision as the Covid Certificates issued in those states are accepted under the same conditions as the EU Digital Covid Certificate.

To be eligible, a person has to supply proof that they have received a vaccine currently authorised for use in Ireland."

__

When the 21 October comes round, where can I apply for the cert? What will they accept - as all I have is a vaccine card that itemises the two vaccinations. The country that I'm currently living in recently started a digital certification rollout but its riddled with problems (so much so that they can't provide me with a digital cert!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭Economics101

I posted the following on the Airport control thread, which was the wrong place:

Having just flown in to Dublin from France, I had the experience of getting Passenger Locator forms on my phone. The design of the site is appalling, with endless instructions, warnings etc before you get to grips with the application form. The level of detail requested is ridiculous:for example you have to give the name of the airline and separately the flight number: if the latter is FR..... what's the point of having to select R***air from a tiny dropdown window containing a huge number of airlines.

Do they ever assess these procedures for user-friendliness?

Another thing: I have the Covid Tracker app on my phone, and it was upgraded so that now it can display my Covid Vaccination Qr code as well. Why was there not another adaptation of this app so that it could display a Passenger locator form (or Qr code) as well? An obvious opportunity seems to have been missed, all driven by civil servants in their separate bunkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Bit late to this but after weeks of trying I finally got my NI vaccination cert. I'm now trying to convert this to an EU cert. The website wants my pdf upload to be under 2 MB but of course the NI cert is 2.4 MB. Anyone have a workaround for this? I don't have Acrobat or whatever official software you need to edit PDFs

• Advertisement

I'm flying back to Ireland in a couple of weeks from outside the EU. I can't get a hold of a digital vaccination certificate in the country that i'm in. However, I have been vaccinated fully and I have an authentic paper vaccination card to evidence that.

Can anyone point me to a link that outlines that presenting with a paper vaccination card is acceptable to the Irish Authorities? I've just had a barney with the airline - they won't confirm that a paper vaccination card is acceptable for travel - saying that its my responsibility to follow irish regulation on the matter - that they will check the card at check in and let me know THEN if there's a problem with it!

Ironically, I've had to travel more internationally in times of covid than i would in normal times and the experience has been akin to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom! I don't trust the airline and want to nail this down so that there is no question but that I can board the flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

I have only travelled to Ireland from within EU but it seems that checks are now with the airlines rather than on arrival in Dublin but bear in mind that your vaccination cert may also be checked at a transit airport. There is a travel thread which may have advice from others travelling to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

I've no smartphone so got through last week with paper EUcert and had to do chinese style on line fill in passengerlocatorform and print it to have ready.

OP what are your vaccination brand?? I think the EU might be fussy about which vaccines are accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Anyone have any idea what the current turnaround time is for getting recovery certs? Website says 5 days after application but hoping it's quicker than that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Is a vaccination card accepted as proof of vaccine in restaurants?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Proof of vaccination is the requirement. Card is fine.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/covid19/living_with_covid19_plan.html

You can use your EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC) or your HSE vaccination record as proof. You need to have photo identification to show that the proof of vaccination or recovery belongs to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Anyone travel like this since. I have a middle name on my passport and that name is the first name on my covid cert (as an example James Michael on passport and Michael on covid cert).

Is that ok, I've asked for it to be changed on the portal too (which I'm assuming doesn't invalidate the existing QR code) but waiting on HSE to send that out and likely won't get that before the flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

I did that too but months ago.It took only a few days(3 I think) to change name.Only what you request to change is changed QR code should stay the same.Someone like Michael O'L might stir it at the gate.Better to attempt the change.

Ya, I've attempted the change but it hasn't come through yet. Hopefully it does tomorrow before the flight but doubt it as only asked for it last Friday.

Hopefully it's ok, common sense would say it's the same person just looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

You prob get it before the flight.

They say 5 working days and with the bank holiday, I'm not really expecting it til Friday this week. Probably have it before the flight back Id assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ganoga

not sure if it has been brought up (probably) but how do people feel about the scanning system? there is no way to tell if the person scanning a cert is using a legitimate application or is simply taking a photo of your cert which could then be used by other people.

on top of all this, there's bogus signed certs floating around which are still valid on the Irish DCC scanner

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

scanning of the cert is meant to be accompanied by checking of ID to ensure the person presenting is the person on the cert. Any system though is only as good as the person using it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

It seems that a number of people who declined to be vaccinated are just using other people's certs and getting away with it, due to the lack of ID checks in many places.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Any word on when people vaccinated outside Ireland/UK will be able to get a cert? First it was late October, now it's an unspecified date in November. Worried it will get pushed back again. I have plenty of family stuff to do over Christmas and don't fancy being turned away because of my lack of a "proper" cert. I know certs from abroad are supposed to be accepted but in my experience that hasn't always been the case.

I'd nearly be tempted to just get two doses of Pfizer here as an unofficial booster to my J&J but I'd feel too guilty.

I'd been waiting on this and they updated the website initially to say it would be available to those vaccinated outside of Ireland on Oct 21, then changed to an unspecified date in November - and now it's been taken off altogether. It seems anyone abroad will have to get a digital cert from the country they've been vaccinated in. What they're not accounting for though is complete bureaucracy and system failure in other jurisdictions. I've been vaccinated - have a vaccination card, etc. Whilst the country I was in has introduced a digital cert, through some form of incompetence, they can't get me a digital cert.

It's not a problem today but I have a hunch that we'll need these digital certs a lot more going forward than we do now...

Does anyone know how long it takes for the cert to work? Got the second does last week and tried it for the first time today. Lad in the pub said the qr code didn't work as it takes 2 weeks to become valid. I was lead to believe it was only one. Googling didn't result in any confirmation of this

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What vaccine type did you get? There's slightly different lengths of time on each. Pfizer is 7 days, Moderna & Janssen is 14 days, Astra Zeneca is 15 days.

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭dobman88

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

7 days but can work out as 8 for Pfizer. Scan it off your own phone before going out somewhere:

At this stage I'm slightly surprised somewhere actually scanned it, just waving the barcode has been accepted nearly everywhere in the last few weeks for me.

I just used the gov.ie app to scan it. Its working today so it was 7 days to become active after second pfizer jab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Cody montana

What's the story with travelling to the uk?

Do you need to fill out some form?

Advertisement