Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Digital/paper! Certs, the Megathread - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

This is what you said:

For those Irish living abroad, and provided proof to get an EU DCC, the booster cert is only available to people who have been vaccinated in Ireland. No date on when that might change.

So you give over! Just because you’re in the States doesn’t mean it’s only Ireland! But you carry on with your misinformation!

The program you’re quoting even states it already includes the U.K. which you conveniently left out of you’re initial post!

Irish people in 60 countries don’t need a form, their local Certification is valid! Maybe read the legislation instead of ranting about yourself!

Post edited by HalfAndHalf on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Got my booster yesterday and got my updated digital cert today.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cian59

Anyone who originally got J&J received their certificate?

Got J&J back in July and received a booster of pfizer in December. When I scan in the new digital certificate after the booster it's saying I'm now "partially vaccinated"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Well fair play, I just received mine there. Sorted.

Still concerned about the timeline for the elderly receiving theirs - these are the most urgent! The printing by Revenue seemed to work very well last time. However I read this evening that they won't be posting this time and that those without an email address will be sent a text with info on how to apply for cert. I don't think my mother has any number registered with HSE either. No idea how they expect this to work and time is of the essence. We could have provided an email for her no problem if requested, but it was never part of the process for that cohort. Seems ridiculous to then operate a system based on email only!

Boosters will be recorded as follows:

• 3/3 for a booster dose following a primary 2-dose vaccination series.
    • 2/1 for a booster dose following a single-dose vaccination or a one dose of a 2-dose vaccine administered to a recovered person.

From - https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_21_6837

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cian59

Yeah, that makes sense and is detailed there. I'm more worried about the status saying "Partially Vaccinated". I assume in a restaurant that's what they're going to look at - not going to dig into the details of what combination was received

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

Thanks!

Yikes though, a month wait time is pretty awful when its so hard to live any sort of social life, or travel, without a DCC. Particularly if you have to go through it again to get proof of your booster recorded.

I’d say it reads as you’ll be grand and it means you’re still fully vaxxed.

Doesn’t make sense that a J&J single shot is the same as recovered though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

I got my new cert today.

I was originally vaccinated by my GP, and my cert was posted out to me in July. The name was lacking information (my regular name vs long legal name) so I got that changed via the portal about two months ago to match my passport. I got my booster in December, and my cert was emailed to me in the new name I changed it to, rather than what the GP surgery would have me registered as.

Just an interesting observation if it's any use to anybody.

Agreed but according to the link I posted it is stated that it’s the same as fully vaccinated with booster.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Happyhouse22

Apologies if this has been covered before but thought I would ask.

I received my initial vaccine in another European country in the summer and was issued an EU cert there which I have been using since.

Last week I received my booster in Citywest. Has anyone else been in this position.Should I receive a covid cert today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Are you using the Irish Gov app?

I also got the J&J vaccine, followed by a Moderna booster

Got the booster-revised certificate today, and after trying several apps including the Irish Gov one, everything seems to be correct

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭smiddyboy

Apologies if this has been asked before..

I'm a British Passport Holder living here since 2007. I got my vaccines in Northern Ireland early last year as i do a good bit of work in the NHS up there.

I got Covid last September so i have an EU-DCC recovery cert, and at the tail end of last year i managed to register for the Digital Cert for Northern Ireland so have full digital copies of my vaccine status.

Firstly, has anyone with a British passport living in Ireland managed to get an EU-DCC updated with vaccines received in the UK?

Secondly, I'm looking to get boosted here and I'm wondering how this is going to show up on my EU-DCC as they would have no record of my receiving the initial 2 doses.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Must be a civil servant. This can all be automated with a few bits of code. Most you can copy /pasted from tutorials / source libraries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

How do I add the pdf vaccine cert for my booster to the covid tracker app where my last vaccine cert is?

do I delete the old one and rescan the new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Thanks and Done. They should really include that instruction in the cover email.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

Got the booster at the GP on Dec 22nd, received the certificate last night at 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

got Booster in vaccination centre on Dec 21st, new cert came by email today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Booster yesterday evening around 5pm, cert arrived this morning at 7am.

Reluctance to get it has been taken over by relief of not having hassle for the rest of the year, plus I felt my hand was forced with different isolation times for close contacts, will no doubt lead to some interesting conversations with employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I got the booster in a pharmacy on December 22nd, son at GP on December 23rd. Son and I got our certs yesterday evening. Hubby got booster at same GP as son, but 10 days earlier. He's still waiting for the cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

If anyone wants to get their updated cert faster then try request a replacement cert through the self service portal, I did and the cert was sent to my email that evening and included my booster.

https://www.covidcertificateportal.gov.ie/en-US/

So double up their workload to get something you don’t even need yet. While moaning they’re taking too long to get it to you anyway! Great work! 🤦‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

FYI:

Boostered @Citywest on 14/12.

Received Cert this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I got the booster just before Christmas and got the cert a few hours ago.

Is this meant to replace the previous one I got for the original vaccination or do I use both of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Thanks. I have filled it in for my mother. They don't have a phone number or email address for her as they never requested them for the over 70s and certs were posted. They have said they won't be posting this time, so hopefully this will sort it out. She's travelling to Austria in a few weeks and current cert will be expired as 2nd dose was last April. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

They really need to accept positive antibody test results for recovery certs. So many testing positive by antigen but don’t gave access to the PCR system to ensure recovery cert. Seems unfair give these people are effectively gaining immunity but are being kept outside the covid cert system for travel and possibly hospitality going forward.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Thanks.

I keep them on my phone. If I print it I will lose it.

I’ll put the old one in a folder and put the new in its place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Double up their workload? The process is nearly fully automated.

Also where exactly have I moaned that it was taking too long?

Advertisement