Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spring Reseed

• 01-03-2021 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

If conditions were right what roughly would be the time line for reseeding ?
    Have a square of ground that got poached last Autumn nit too bad but there is a lot of dead scraggy grass in it so thinking of doing a job on it.
    Would be a reasonably dry piece of ground

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Have a square of ground that got poached last Autumn nit too bad but there is a lot of dead scraggy grass in it so thinking of doing a job on it.

Should be sound in a few weeks. All depends on weather and especially frost. Not fully safe until mid April.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

So spraying off around the end of March ?

Should be sound in a few weeks. All depends on weather and especially frost. Not fully safe until mid April.

Clough a few years back think I remember you putting up pictures of a field that you went over with a tine harrow. Did you throw seed over it as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Dunedin

So spraying off around the end of March ?

Spray off as soon as growth starts but you should be ok by end of March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Clough a few years back think I remember you putting up pictures of a field that you went over with a tine harrow. Did you throw seed over it as well ?

More than likely not. It would have been after the first graze to pull out the dead grass. Ill be using it on a field i had redstart in this winter. My contractor gave it a light rub with the disc harrow. I gave it 2 runs with the tine harrow and I broadcast the seed with the vicon. Ill be doing same now again to sow grass seed back into it later this month less the disc harrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭older by the day

You said it ain't to bad would it be better to put out a few bags of 18-6-12 and a roll. I'm wondering is autumn a better time. If you get a hard dry may, you won't have grass till June. Missing out on a lot of grass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

You said it ain't to bad would it be better to put out a few bags of 18-6-12 and a roll. I'm wondering is autumn a better time. If you get a hard dry may, you won't have grass till June. Missing out on a lot of grass.

Maybe a rub or two of a grass harrow and some seed rolled in. Recovery time would be much quicker.

That's the one concern I have alright. Take it that it wouldn't be recommended to leave it closed and take a cut of bales off it

Advertisement