Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Recommendation €3-4k budget

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭arsebiscuits82

secman wrote: »
    A pinarello in Halfords !! ?
    Wouldn't have thought they would stock a high end Italian brand ?

They had them for a while back in 2018/9, at the height of Team Sky so maybe they were sponsoring them somewhere in the background, I never asked them to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

fat bloke wrote: »
    What else is there... - base2race sell Orro bikes and they're beautiful machines in the flesh. Well priced too - ultegra, disc aero or endurance for well within your budget.

https://shop.base2race.ie/collections/orro/products/venturi-stc-ultegra-8020?variant=37673810755779

As lads have said - your bang for buck starting point / yardstick has to be Canyon and measure everything from there.

I can vouch for the Orro Venturi - fab bike.

Also a friend has just picked up the Bianchi Aria in matt black with the aqua marine decals, not sure what its like to ride but it is a stunner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

wrstan wrote: »
    I can vouch for the Orro Venturi - fab bike.

Also a friend has just picked up the Bianchi Aria in matt black with the aqua marine decals, not sure what its like to ride but it is a stunner.
    i've seen reviews that claim the venturi is a less aggressive race geometry than regular race set ups. can anybody vouch for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭fat bloke

who_ru wrote: »
    i've seen reviews that claim the venturi is a less aggressive race geometry than regular race set ups. can anybody vouch for this?

Couldn't tell you tbh, though it is their aero bike which usually means long and low.

Their STC is more relaxed for sure. Absolutely stunning bikes for the money:

https://shop.base2race.ie/collections/orro/products/orro-gold-stc-disc-ultegra

The paintwork on them is a sight to behold in the metal/flesh/carbon. Deep and lustrous and indulgent. Because you're worth it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Would love to see the Venturi decked out in the Black and Gold livery of the STC. That is a stunning frame in the flesh.

The deep red is also very eye-catching, much moreso than what can be assessed by pictures alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Couldn't tell you tbh, though it is their aero bike which usually means long and low.

Their STC is more relaxed for sure. Absolutely stunning bikes for the money:

https://shop.base2race.ie/collections/orro/products/orro-gold-stc-disc-ultegra

The paintwork on them is a sight to behold in the metal/flesh/carbon. Deep and lustrous and indulgent. Because you're worth it. :)

That's a lovely looking bike. Does anyone know the frame warranty on their bikes? Couldn't find any mention of it on their site.

https://youtu.be/vzDrI9WBF-Y

Road cc's nine of the year 2020 was the Venturi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Charlie69

koutoubia wrote: »
    There is a lad I know selling an absloute low mileage cracker of a bike (minus wheels) for 4k. I know the price that he will let it go for and will leave you a few quid for wheels OR he may do a deal with wheels.
    Drop me a pm and I will link it if you are interested.
    BTW Its not me and if it wasnt a disc brake set up it would be in my ownership now as I have too many wheels on rim brake.

Also something to consider on new bikes there is a long waiting time due to the shortage of equipment globally.

What size is the F10?... savage machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Its on Adverts.
    Search Pinarello and its located on Swords.

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Would love to see the Venturi decked out in the Black and Gold livery of the STC. That is a stunning frame in the flesh.

The deep red is also very eye-catching, much moreso than what can be assessed by pictures alone.

Edit: Seems that B2R only stocks the blue and white Venturi, but there is actually a tasty black and gold Venturi model higher up in the range - yay. That paint is stunning in the flesh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

According to the Orro website the 2021 Venturi comes in a few different specs with 3 finish options:
    black/gold gloss
    black matt with incandescant decals
    red/silver gloss

I'd be surprised if B2R couldn't source all options, of course a lot depends on the Orro order book, assembly schedule and supply chain regarding when they might be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 coggy79

Jumping on this thread to get some opinions.

I'm in the market for a 2nd bike (currently have a Felt Z6 55cm) and am considering getting a Bianchi. I'm not a racer and just like to spend a few hours on the bike be it on Sportives or Sunday spins. The 2 bikes I'm considering are the Bianchi Oltre XR3 CV Ultegra disc or the Bianchi Infinito XE Ultegra disc-5H UD carbon-Graphite glossy- (https://www.bianchi.com/bike/oltre-xr3-ultegra-11sp/) (https://www.bianchi.com/bike/infinito-xe-ultegra-11sp/)
    Prefer the Black, think the Celeste is too flashy.

Any advice/opinions on the above is appreciated?

It's more opinion than advice but I'd get the Celeste one! There are too many black bikes around already and Celeste is one of those unique Bianchi X-factor things. Of course if you don't like then you don't like, end of story, but some day you're going to sell it and ... most people (including me) have a deep-seated grá for Bianchi-coloured Bianchis :)

Both nice bikes though. I'd have the racier Oltre for sure if it was my money.

(and not in black)

Oltre in Celeste for me too. Super design in classic colours.

A Bianchi in black is unremarkable and not worth the premium I reckon. May as well have a TCR or Emonda then.

Had a look and a few test rides over the weekend. Giant Propel Advanced 1 on order! At the upper end of the budget but really like the look and the spec. The carbon wheels help as well. Here's hoping this bike lasts as long as my last.

MY21PropelADV1D_ColorACarbon.jpg

Gosh. That's a fine looking bike, in all fairness.

And great to see Giant have sorted out the mess of cabling on the previous gen propel. - Nice one, congrats. Any idea how long you'll have to wait for it to arrive?

Gosh. That's a fine looking bike, in all fairness.

And great to see Giant have sorted out the mess of cabling on the previous gen propel. - Nice one, congrats. Any idea how long you'll have to wait for it to arrive?

6-7 weeks, good timing for the summer!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I'm not a giant fan but that is a nice looking bike. Also there Liv range is nice, a co worker got one.

CramCycle wrote: »
    I'm not a giant fan but that is a nice looking bike. Also there Liv range is nice, a co worker got one.

Giant and Trek do some seriously nice looking frames for women compared to some of the boring predictably ones they do for men.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i think eeeee mentioned the woman they have doing the paintjobs for the liv range has had several unsuccessful headhunts attempted on her by the team doing the mens range?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

It's more opinion than advice but I'd get the Celeste one! There are too many black bikes around already and Celeste is one of those unique Bianchi X-factor things. Of course if you don't like then you don't like, end of story, but some day you're going to sell it and ... most people (including me) have a deep-seated grá for Bianchi-coloured Bianchis :)

Both nice bikes though. I'd have the racier Oltre for sure if it was my money.

(and not in black)

Theres almost nothing better than a Bianchi in green. And i love the curved top tube on Bianchi not the straight one.

A friend of mine who didnt know anything about bikes found in his parents garage his old 1970s mint Bianchi original leather handlebar tape and chrome brakes etc. he locked it up outside the cinema and when he came back there were about 10 people gawping at how sexy it was. Damn it was a nice bike and has since learnt what it means to own a vintage Bianchi.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

6-7 weeks, good timing for the summer!

In Jan I was told 2-3 weeks for a Merida. Still waiting 2-3+ months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,816 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Jonesy101 wrote: »
    In Jan I was told 2-3 weeks for a Merida. Still waiting 2-3+ months!

Merida bikes should be in the country next week from what I’ve been told. I ordered the 6000 disc in September for Spring delivery so fingers crossed It is in the first ahipment.

Jonesy101 wrote: »
    Theres almost nothing better than a Bianchi in green. And i love the curved top tube on Bianchi not the straight one.

A friend of mine who didnt know anything about bikes found in his parents garage his old 1970s mint Bianchi original leather handlebar tape and chrome brakes etc. he locked it up outside the cinema and when he came back there were about 10 people gawping at how sexy it was. Damn it was a nice bike and has since learnt what it means to own a vintage Bianchi.

Glorious Celeste or drab dreary Black. Who wore it best?!

IMG-20210311-150250.jpg
    IMG-20210311-150246.jpg
    how to know the resolution of my monitor

Giant and Trek do some seriously nice looking frames for women compared to some of the boring predictably ones they do for men.

I've always considered the Liv range spectacularly uninspiring. Dull dark greens and purples abound.

IMG-20210311-134951.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭meercat

There’s a classic bianchi on donedeal atm. Way overpriced. Says he’ll take €1100 seen as it needs new tyres. Might interest someone here

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27471000

meercat wrote: »
    There’s a classic bianchi on donedeal atm. Way overpriced. Says he’ll take €1100 seen as it needs new tyres. Might interest someone here

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27471000

:pac:

Oh my word. What a chancer.

That's a sweet ride arsebiscuits. So much nicer than the low-end Propels. Health to enjoy this great bike.

What was the final number on the sales receipt as a matter of interest??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Lovely bike.
    Although there is something about the harsh angle of the stem cap that really gets to me. And only from this side angle. Any other angle and the bike looks like a weapon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I've always considered the Liv range spectacularly uninspiring. Dull dark greens and purples abound.
    My co worker one is a purple fade and it is quite nice, it looks nothing like those pics in real life.

Advertisement