Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gordon Elliott photograph

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

dontmindme wrote: »
    So the possibility that he was on the phone and distracted and absent mindedly sat on a horse like I'm sure he's done a zillion times, and continued with the call only then for someone to call him and have his photo taken, this deserves to have him cancelled??

Like WTF do people actually honestly think he was doing on the dead horse. Does anyone have a reasonable explanation without going into hysteria mode?

Ah yeh, sure he was overjoyed and gloating about it's death - Pure projection en masse...

"cancelled", anyone using that phrase in a statement can immediately be disregarded as it's a lazy way to avoid facing up to the actuality and factuality of a scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 LMC7

Read on social media his now ex Katie Harrington leaked the pic.

They were together 18 months and he was caught riding a young female stable hand and throwing parties in his little shebeen...
    Katie and the girl battered each other,Katie's face got destroyed.Elliot was drunk watching the show and got a great kick apparently telling the girls to take off their clothes for the fight lol.
    Cancel culture alive and well with that pic..she's done a number on him.
    I dont know the first thing about horse racing now that's just something I pulled from facebook.....

LMC7 wrote: »
    Cancel culture alive and well

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

He should have just eaten it, no-one would have cared then.

There is some ironic truth in this no matter how people object. I think the act depicted in the photo is cruel. Because the animal was a living being before death and deserves respect. But I also do not eat meat because I think it is cruel and I drag road kill off the road so it will not be reduced to minced meat by passing cars because I think that is sad. Lots of people I love very much eat lots of meat including people I have given birth to :) but it is a cruel industry in many ways and that has to be admitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Error of judgement, and nothing more.

Horses are being slaughtered and eaten, that depending on your view might be much worse.

• Advertisement

ebbsy wrote: »

It's a lot more. And the only remorse is having been caught, sure wasn't he having the craic sitting a top of the dead animal posing for photos.

Error of judgement, it wasn't a bar stool he thought he was sitting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

pgj2015 wrote: »
    That is surprising. could they not just sell them to say a family who wants a horse for their kids?

Ha! Do you want to see some kids get hurt?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Registered Users Posts: 45,553 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Horse racing funding will come under pressure now I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

They were together 18 months and he was caught riding a young female stable hand and throwing parties in his little shebeen...
    Katie and the girl battered each other,Katie's face got destroyed.Elliot was drunk watching the show and got a great kick apparently telling the girls to take off their clothes for the fight lol.
    I dont know the first thing about horse racing now that's just something I pulled from facebook.....

It was on Facebook so it must be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Fat boys troubles are only beginning.

Video now going around of jockey Rob James, who has worked for Gordon Elliot, jumping on a dead horse and laughing with his friends.

A lot of stuff coming out as well about a party Elliot threw during Covid restrictions. Has a bar at his stables.

Seems the floodgates are opening...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9315695/amp/FRESH-SHAME-RACING-New-video-shows-jockey-Rob-James-jumping-dead-horse.html?__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

ebbsy wrote: »

Horses are being slaughtered and eaten, that depending on your view might be much worse.

Don’t be so naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Most jockies have small man syndrome anyhow. No harm for the horsey set to get taken down a peg or two with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

6 wrote: »
    Horse racing funding will come under pressure now I'd imagine

The fact it's only now.....

Fat boys troubles are only beginning.

Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board say they're now aware of the video I mentioned in post above. Horse racing industry receives a lot of funding from the Irish government. That funding will come under serious scrutiny/pressure now.

These lads will have to go, and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

bad taste picture no doubt...

i heard some people on liveline yesterday say "ah sure the horse is dead anyway" "sure its going to the knacker's yard" - but that's not the point! its the principle of the matter...he's a prominent trainer in the horse racing industry and this is the way he behaves?? what sort of example does that send out? begs the question how does he behave when camera's aren't around?

i often found people who are ignorant towards animals are ignorant towards people too

• Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

fryup wrote: »
    bad taste picture no doubt...

i heard some people on liveline yesterday say "ah sure the horse is dead anyway" "sure its going to the knacker's yard" - but that's not the point! its the principle of the matter...he's a trainer in the horse racing industry and this is the way he behaves?? begs the question how does he behave when camera's aren't around?

i often found people who are ignorant towards animals are ignorant towards people too

rightly or wrongly the government pump a lot of money into the industry and it is one of the industries we have a reputation for, so if action isn't taken our reputation is at stake, also the Uk are probably relishing the idea of taking us down a peg or two!

rightly or wrongly the government pump a lot of money into the industry and it is one of the industries we have a reputation for, so if action isn't taken our reputation is at stake, also the Uk are probably relishing the idea of taking us down a peg or two!

Don't try blame the reaction on the UK.

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »

Of course, there's obviously something lacking upstairs.

Anyway, if there's photos and videos of these guys sitting/laughing/jumping on dead horses, makes you wonder what sort of stuff the sickos do away from the cameras...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

All involved (apart from whistleblower) in these old pics and clips are a showerful of zoophilic, necrophilic pr**ks and need to stay away from coke and other mindaltering substances

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

And on and on with the outage over a dead horse..... I despair, poor snowflakes, I’d hate to see their reaction to something truly horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Well Reading that British horse racing won't allow him run anything until the investigation is complete here, is interesting.

Horse owners would in theory have to move trainer for Cheltenham and many i imagine would not take the bad press and go back. Assuming the investigation takes a while (Given the public scrutiny can the Irish society rush it?).

To be honest for stupidity alone the man deserves what he gets, will allow other trainers a chance to get top class horses and show what they can do.

I think for the sport to keep itself clean it will have to sacrifice Elliot on this one, it's already under so much pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Video now going around of jockey Rob James, who has worked for Gordon Elliot, jumping on a dead horse and laughing with his friends.

A lot of stuff coming out as well about a party Elliot threw during Covid restrictions. Has a bar at his stables.

Seems the floodgates are opening...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9315695/amp/FRESH-SHAME-RACING-New-video-shows-jockey-Rob-James-jumping-dead-horse.html?__twitter_impression=true

Looking like he is going to be septic - big boys will pull out and then he will be in right trouble.

screamer wrote: »
    And on and on with the outage over a dead horse..... I despair, poor snowflakes, I’d hate to see their reaction to something truly horrific.

Oh look, we have a tough guy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

And you're happy to distribute any old unconfirmed facebook rubbish.
    The GE drinking video has been identified as a video from Cheltenham last year. A plausible claim.

But yeah, cancel culture .. blah blah.

Oh look, we have a tough guy :pac:

Girl, a tough girl. Glad to be one too.

screamer wrote: »
    Girl, a tough girl. Glad to be one too.

You're not tough, though; it's called sarcasm :pac:

'Ignorant' is more accurate.

• Advertisement

You're not tough, though; it's called sarcasm :pac:

I am tough though, it’s called reality, you should try living in it, anyways enough crap about a dead horse there are far more important things going on in the world that need attention and action. This is just ridiculous so I’ll leave the ridiculous people to it

Advertisement