Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2021 Irish EV sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There's going to be a flood of ID4 and ID3 at some stage with the amount of people who seem to be waiting on deliveries.

Great to see more and more BEV on the roads.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Top 15 BEV sales for September;

CCS: 648

CHAdeMO: 50

the rate is 13/1 now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Absolutely with no relevance to the real world but In September, Model 3 was the second best overtaken only by Tucson. VW sold more ID3s than ID4s. Probably due to 0% PCP. I'd expect when all this chip shortages will smooth out, IDs and Enyaqs and Ioniqs would flood the streets.

You can do for all the year 7,827 EVs out of which 689 Nissan and 18 Lexus -> 9.03% CHAdeMO. One in 10 roughly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

0% was a limited time and it doesn't sound like they will apply to deliveries later in the year/next year so I can't see it having a huge effect over the previous 1.9%. Still, it's obviously popular for a reason.

The 150hp model should help the price a little bit and still good power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Tesla M3 holding up pretty well. I assume the ID.3 202 number was inflated by showroom models. Surprised to see the IX3 do so well.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Id3 did well because 1. It's a good car, and 2. They introduced 0% financing a couple of months ago.

Is the ix3 a good car? Or badge snobbery, or a people fed up waiting 6 months for an ID4/enyaq

• Registered Users Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Tesla - 166

VAG - 249

Rest of the top 10 - 279

Nice to see it isn't so much of a 2 horse show and the competition are catching up on sales a bit

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

I was talking about the 2020 number of 235. I would expect the number to go up year on year not down. ID.3/4 are nice cars and should play a big role in moving people towards EVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The majority of those 235 were First Mover orders. All the dealers seemed to get one demo model so the rest were customer cars I'd imagine.

• Advertisement

Yeah Sept 2020 was the first month for ID3. VW sold in 13 months 2910 IDs which is about half of the Leafs sold in 10 years. That is no small matter. If the Semi shortage wasn't a thing these figures would have been much bigger.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Really is great to see the range now on offer, still out of the price point of many but all these new EVs will be supplying the used market over the next few years and that's when we'll see a big shift (and more use of public network more due to "degraded" range)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Any thoughts on what todays stats will show?

I'm expecting pretty low numbers. Delivery delays/chip shortages, no tesla boat last month, nothing new launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

A few 0% ID.3s are still arriving. They should be at the top. And maybe the ioniq5s coming in.

October Sales vs 2020. 19.7% market share. Big month for MG, and hello Ford Mustang!

Ioniq days are over. Only 3 sold. Zoe too, just the 1 sold.

Just under 50% of VWs sold in October were EVs. 303 VWs sold in total, 141 were fully electric.

And no Tesla

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

8.08% of new sales full BEV this year vs 4.45% last year.

33.91% of the new cars sold so far this year count as electrified and would be allowed under the proposed 2030 ban, versus 19.79% last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

10,000 for 2021 is looking optimistic now, the shortages/delays are pushing deliveries into 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

The ID.4 is definitely winning this year!

So this weak month adds another 4 additional CCS cars per plug* and just 0.35 CHAdeMO more

*ecars only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

8,300 total sales YTD. +115% YOY.

• MG the biggest new entrant
    • tesla marketshare halved from 18% to 9% (a natural sideeffect of a growing market)
    • mercedes performance v poor - Porsche selling as many units as them
    • tesla delivered 162 units in the 4 months Jul-Oct, -45% on the same period last year.
    • hyundai sales down YOY as the Kona and Ioniq ages

Isn't that 2021 vs 2020 both up to October. Not all of 2020 vs YTD 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Am I reading that wrong or have VW sold more EVs in 2021 than the next 3 combined including Tesla!?

I guess all those folks who said VWs EV effort was just lip service and would fall flat were wrong

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

it’s a big part of their bottom line now alright.

For VW on its own...

~40% diesel

~40% petrol

~20% BEV

That 20% is a big number considering they are the biggest in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

Yea, it’s the 10 month period, for both years.

tesla is the surprising one - I know they only deliver in fits and spurts, but surely they would sell more than 160 cars over a 4 month period - or are the M3 sales slowing as the guys waiting for years have now got theirs and new buyers are turning to cheaper alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Mazda sold 95 of the slow charging , low range (<200km) MX30? Congrats 👏

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Yes very few ioniqs registered, as all remaining stock is effectively sold in September. The one last unregistered one in the country was registered on the last day of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,502 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I’d say the lack of PCP is affecting them. Just makes it so much harder for people to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

surprised the Leaf still sells so well

Advertisement