Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2021 Irish EV sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

Jizique wrote: »
    Do you mean the opposite, that it’s hard to see why you wouldn’t choose it ahead of the Tiguan?
    Apols if I pick you up wrong, I have no detailed info on the price of the products

Yep. Corrected, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

drumm23 wrote: »
    Not using their massive over valuation to buyout Ford or GM (and their established dealer, service and finance networks) will go down in business history as an enormous **** up. (They might still of course, if the dropping market share rattles their timbers ... and they're not busy screwing around buying crypto currency with shareholder funds.)

If you think the shareholders don’t like the environmental impact of them buying Bitcoin, imagine the hissy fit if they bought Ford :D

Tesla being bought by one of the others years ago was always more likely that the reverse, but their insistence of doing everything themselves, coupled with the current valuation, pushed the other manufacturers to deliver an assembly line of mass market products and Tesla is now in danger of being a very niche marque -
    To create the type of volumes that Tesla are forecasting over the next decade, they need to do like VW or Toyota and produce a very wide spectrum of models. They literally produce 2 models today in the US and just 1 (far more expensive) model nearly everywhere else worldwide; and we already know that it takes them literally years to deliver even one new model.

the S will get more refreshes than the Aventador!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

sk8board wrote: »
    Same here. I’m in commuterville 15min from the m50 and EVs are now on every street, literally.
    The day the first model 3’s landed, my neighbour had one, ditto for the ID3 and more recently there’s loads of ID4’s.
    As they say, it’s happening

Ditto, similar area and there's multiple Leafs, at least 2 Ioniqs, 2 Konas, a Zoe, an E-Niro, a Model 3, 2 ID.3s, and an ID.4, an e2008 and at least 1 i3 in my estate alone

Certainly if you're in the commuter belt around Dublin then going electric is pretty easy. I'm noticing more and more around every day

I think someone said earlier that 20% of the EVs on the road at the moment have been sold in the last 6 months. I'd fully expect the number of EVs to have doubled by the end of 2022 versus 2020 numbers

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Rank Make Model 2021 Units
    1 TESLA MODEL 3 198
    2 VOLKSWAGEN ID.4 42
    3 VOLKSWAGEN ID.3 40
    4 KIA NIRO 19
    5 RENAULT ZOE 18
    6 SKODA ENYAQ 11
    7 MG MG5 9
    8 MG MG ZS 7
    9 MINI MINI HATCH 7
    10 AUDI E-TRON 6

Top 10 EV sales. As expected Tesla is leading this month.

innrain wrote: »
    1 TESLA MODEL 3 198
    2 VOLKSWAGEN ID.4 42
    3 VOLKSWAGEN ID.3 40
    4 KIA NIRO 19
    5 RENAULT ZOE 18
    6 SKODA ENYAQ 11
    7 MG MG5 9
    8 MG MG ZS 7
    9 MINI MINI HATCH 7
    10 AUDI E-TRON 6

Tesla and VW sales were not only higher than the other 7 combined, they were nearly 4 times the combined amount of the rest of the top ten :eek:

Tesla + VW = 280
    The rest = 77
    (I could arguably put the E-Tron sales with VW but chose not to)

Come on other car makers, lets put in some effort!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭MarkN

Some of it is down to supply. I’d say a lot of those ENYAQs are demos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

1 TESLA MODEL 3 198
    2 VOLKSWAGEN ID.4 42
    3 VOLKSWAGEN ID.3 40
    4 KIA NIRO 19
    5 RENAULT ZOE 18
    6 SKODA ENYAQ 11
    7 MG MG5 9
    8 MG MG ZS 7
    9 MINI MINI HATCH 7
    10 AUDI E-TRON 6

Why were Tesla sales so high this month? I’d have expected ID4 sales a lot higher, I see them daily and I live in Kerry!

Casati wrote: »
    Why were Tesla sales so high this month? I’d have expected ID4 sales a lot higher, I see them daily and I live in Kerry!

Tesla does a big delivery every 3 months or 6 months, can't remember which

So basically these are all the orders between March and June being delivered in one go

That's why Tesla has a big spike every 3 months and then is a trickle in between

ID.4 also had a lot of pent up demand, now that the 1st editions have been delivered it'll settle down to a steady flow

Casati wrote: »
    As of today 2 of the 3 variants of the only car Tesla has on sale lost the grant. That is on top of the delivery periods described by the_amazing_raisin
    Remains to be seen if the Tesla would swallow the pill and reduce the price by 5k on these variants.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Tesla is every 3 months, so March, June, September & December (though this would be a quieter period for deliveries).

• Advertisement

As of today 2 of the 3 variants of the only car Tesla has on sale lost the grant. That is on top of the delivery periods described by the_amazing_raisin
    Remains to be seen if the Tesla would swallow the pill and reduce the price by 5k on these variants.

Presumably it's only the SR+ Model 3 gets the grant now?

Were the LR or Performance very popular here? I've seen one or 2 around but I got the impression that most of the Model 3s here were the SR+

I'd say what Tesla does next will depend on what happens with sales. If they only drop a few percent then they'll probably lower the higher spec ones by a couple thousand but keep the SR+ where it is

Tesla is every 3 months, so March, June, September & December (though this would be a quieter period for deliveries).

Do Tesla let you defer the delivery date? I'm guessing a lot of buyers in June would hold out for the 212 reg if they can

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭PaulRyan97

EV sales for H1 2021 are currently sitting 8% higher than the total EV sales figure for 2020. (4333 vs 4013)

That's quite the increase.

EDIT: PHEV sales for H1 2021 are actually 65% higher than the total 2020 sales figures.

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    EV sales for H1 2021 are currently sitting 8% higher than the total EV sales figure for 2020. (4333 vs 4013)

That's quite the increase.

EDIT: PHEV sales for H1 2021 are actually 65% higher than the total 2020 sales figures.

One quarter of EVs in the country were sold in the last 6 months. We've jumped from 13,000 to over 17,000 in 2021 alone

If that continues then we'll easily break the 20,000 mark before the year is out, and quite likely 25,000 in Q1 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭PaulRyan97

One quarter of EVs in the country were sold in the last 6 months. We've jumped from 13,000 to over 17,000 in 2021 alone

If that continues then we'll easily break the 20,000 mark before the year is out, and quite likely 25,000 in Q1 2022

The public charging network won't know what hit it.

Ha, yeah the poor ESB employees won't know what to do with all these EVs driving around. The servers will probably crash from all the complaints being logged

That's why I say People should go with the largest battery they can afford, better to have it than want it and certainly better than having 1 car charging and 2 cars waiting when you get to a charge point.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

That's why I say People should go with the largest battery they can afford

Or just get a Tesla…….

Even the 50kWh SR+ will get you pretty much all over the country without needing a single app or fob of any kind…..

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

What's going to be the big seller in July? Id4 was huge in March, will the enyaq be as much a flop as I expected it to be? Any other cars coming online in July?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Q4 e-tron? that'd be my bet

• Advertisement

The ENYAQ is not going to be a flop - far from it. There is massive interest in the car, dealer demos are constantly out with customers. There just isn’t stock for this year. It’s quite arguably the best of the ID.4, Q4 etc bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's a great car for sure MarkN but it's overpriced for a Skoda and I think this is where it will fall down. Adding some necessary options pushes it over the 50k and removes the SEAI grant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,170 ✭✭✭pad199207

MarkN wrote: »
    The ENYAQ is not going to be a flop - far from it. There is massive interest in the car, dealer demos are constantly out with customers. There just isn’t stock for this year. It’s quite arguably the best of the ID.4, Q4 etc bunch.

Good package, but exterior design and pricing will go against it I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

It'll be up against the Nissan Ariya/Model Y/BMW iX as well as EV6 and Ioniq 5, never mind VW and Audi.

Is there enough room for the Enyaq as well next year?

Bit puzzled to see the diesel still on top and it might even recover till the end of the year. The best sold diesel car is the Tucson with a starting price of 33.5k (37k on finance) but a more realistic variant for sale is something of 36k or 40k on finance. That is easy ID4 territory and one might get better finance from VW.
    ref July new entries, Ioniq5 was supposed to be here in July but I don't see any signs of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 MeadowMaker

ELM327 wrote: »
    It's a great car for sure MarkN but it's overpriced for a Skoda and I think this is where it will fall down. Adding some necessary options pushes it over the 50k and removes the SEAI grant

What is in its favour though is all those pcp contracts on kodiaqs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

pad199207 wrote: »
    Good package, but exterior design and pricing will go against it I’d say.

Subjective i know but its a much smarter exterior package than ID4. Most journalists also have this view.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's a nice looking car for sure and the only MEB platform car I've actually both considered and priced up on the configurator.
    It's too close to a premium brand price though and Skoda is not that.

Not sure the ENYAQ is any different to the ID.4 and Q4 in that sense. You can buy one for late 30s, same as an ID.4. The VW and Audi with the same extras are not any cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,502 ✭✭✭✭ted1

MarkN wrote: »

The ENYAQ is sold out. You can’t get one. I know a few people who have one ordered as fleet cars. I was in one yesterday. Nice car. Seems more like Q7 than Q4 and ID4

Was looking at cars over the weekend more than likely going to order the ID4 on Monday. Same cost as the Skoda Karoq.
    Was in frank Keane and a person was taking phone a Tiguan. I honestly can’t figure out how someone could be an ICE over an EV.

My wife has a 06 Touran, about 11 l/100km. Her petrol savings will more ir less pay for the car.

Unfortunately TESLA don’t offer PCP…

Advertisement