Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirmation that branch closures won't affect existing accounts

Options
  • 02-03-2021 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've checked the list of branches that will be closed .
    I'm going to be affected and just wanted to confirm that for practical purposes that there won't be any affect on existing accounts (have a current account and savings account).

Sort code and account numbers will remain the same?
    Only difference would be in statements where the branch name would change?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Champ,

Thanks for reaching out to us this morning. 

We will be writing to all customers of the branches that are closing. There is no need for you to do anything. Accounts will transfer to the nearest Bank of Ireland branch with no disruption to service. None of your details will change.

We hope this information helps. 

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Can I request which closest branch my account will be transferred to , for example if 2 branches in kildare are still open can I pick or change which one by informing you before transfer ? How will it be done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

CVB wrote: »
    Can I request which closest branch my account will be transferred to ,  for example if 2 branches in kildare are still open can I pick or change which one by informing you before transfer ? How will it be done
    Thanks CVB for coming back to us on this. 

The notice of change of Branch will be communicated to you well in advance. We would like to reassure you your banking needs can be transacted in any of the Branches, it does not have to be the account holding Branch account is linked to. 

Hoping this  information helps, 

Many thanks,
    Alison

Advertisement