Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breville Barista Max - opinions?

• 02-03-2021 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to invest in a new machine, max budget is gonna be €500 which rules out some of the Sage machines I think.

My current setup is an Aeropress, and I get coffee from B&D already ground for Aeropress settings.

Previously I had a nespresso machine, but couldn't go back to that again :pac:
    I normally drink Americano, but if I could make flat whites that would be ideal too.

What would the thoughts be on: https://www.currys.ie/ieen/household-appliances/small-kitchen-appliances/coffee-machines-and-accessories/coffee-machines/breville-vcf126-barista-max-coffee-machine-stainless-steel-10208109-pdt.html

Breville Barista Max - €419 in PC world at the moment. Not finding an awful lot online about it, outside of a few reviews singing it's praises but overall there's not a lot of information out there I think.... so I'm not confident pulling the trigger on this

In case someone searches the same thing down the linke:
    I'm going to hold out and go for Sage Barista Express - the Breville here isn't the same as Breville elsewhere, so not as reputable I feel. There's a lot more information about dialling things in with the Barista Express, so I think in the long run it will be a better purchase.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Breville is Sage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Breville is Sage.

You sure?

"In the United Kingdom & Europe the Breville brand is not owned or operated by Breville Group Limited. Jarden Corp, is a separately owned and managed company that offers a completely different range of products in the U.K. & Europe to Breville in other parts of the world."

The Breville Barista Max looks like it's branded as the Sunbeam Barista Max in NZ/Aus also - it's a very confusing setup but looks like Sage are separate also..

Advertisement