Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Can I Remove a Licensee

Options
  • 02-03-2021 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all sorry if this has been answered already. I am a tenant of a house, I got someone else in to take a room (got the landlords permission) and gave them a license. Long story short is that I caught them robbing my food repeatedly. Now I told them they have to leave at the end of the month and they said no. Is it simply a case of changing the locks? Will the gards come to help remove them? I contacted the RTB and Threshold and they told me that they're my licensee and they didn't get tenancy rights as they just had a room, all bills in my name etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Hi all sorry if this has been answered already. I am a tenant of a house, I got someone else in to take a room (got the landlords permission) and gave them a license. Long story short is that I caught them robbing my food repeatedly. Now I told them they have to leave at the end of the month and they said no. Is it simply a case of changing the locks? Will the gards come to help remove them? I contacted the RTB and Threshold and they told me that they're my licensee and they didn't get tenancy rights as they just had a room, all bills in my name etc

Yes, same advice will apply. For theft personally I would give a lot less notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭belfe

I don't know the Irish laws about this, but I'm also Spanish and I can give an explanation about some missing information here.

In Spain, laws about renting are (also) ridiculous in some aspects. If you evict yourself a licensee by changing the locks, they could go to court and they'd win the case. The only way to do this in a legal way is having lawyers and cops involved. OP is worried that following the advice that you are providing they could have troubles with the laws, and nobody want these type of troubles, especially when you don't know the legal system. That's why OP is so persistent asking again and again if they can follow that advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Tell them to leave, give them 24;hours,big they don't then when they leave change locks once ok with LL.
    You must allow them to collect their belongings, box them up or bag them, preferred get someone recording this, hamd out, do not let re enter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Hi all sorry if this has been answered already. I am a tenant of a house, I got someone else in to take a room (got the landlords permission) and gave them a license. Long story short is that I caught them robbing my food repeatedly.

I don't believe they were robbing your food. How could you catch them?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I don't believe they were robbing your food. How could you catch them?
    Wow :eek:
    if there are only the two of them and food disappears (repeatedly), who would you suspect?

• Advertisement

Wow :eek:
    if there are only the two of them and food disappears (repeatedly), who would you suspect?

It doesn't mean it was robbed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

thread split.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

It doesn't mean it was robbed.

What would you call someone taking your food without permission?

Dav010 wrote: »
    What would you call someone taking your food without permission?

Stealing most likely. It is not robbery in the circumstances described by the poster.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Claw Hammer, drop the off-topic or take it to PM.

Do not reply to this post.

• Advertisement
Advertisement