Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Doorbell + eir Modem

Options
  • 02-03-2021 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I bought a Video Doorbell for security but I can't connect it to my WiFi as it says it can only connect to 2.4 WiFi not 5.0.
    I asked eir for assistance but there suggestion to Forget the connection and reinstall it and select 2.4 did not work as no choice was given on reinstallation.
    I have eir Fibre to the Home.
    I am trying to connect on a Dell Inspiron desktop Computer using Windows 10.
    I get the same message trying on an Android phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Zack_Brannigan

Hopefully solved. eir had to split the modem remotely so I can now connect on the 2.4Ghz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

It should be in your router settings if you type in 192.168.1.1 into a web page it should bring you to an admin page. Log in details will probably be on your router in there you can select the broadcast range 2.4 only 5 only or both.

Advertisement