Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking Fees

Options
  • 02-03-2021 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

I've banked with BoI all of my life. My wages have gone into my BoI current account since I first started working many years ago. I have a mortgage with you and a savings account.

I feel that my banking fees would never have come anywhere near €72 a year, prior to the change in fees. Do you offer any incentive for mortgage customers to stay banking with you e.g. with reduced current account fees?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

I've banked with BoI all of my life. My wages have gone into my BoI current account since I first started working many years ago. I have a mortgage with you and a savings account.

I feel that my banking fees would never have come anywhere near €72 a year, prior to the change in fees. Do you offer any incentive for mortgage customers to stay banking with you e.g. with reduced current account fees?
    Good morning bored_newbie,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

All Personal Current Account Holders will be charged this €6 flat fee. This fee covers all maintenance, transaction and service fees. Customers have told us that our fees were too complex and that we had so many that it made it hard to keep track. That's why in November 2020, we introduced this simple pricing structure. 

There is no way to avoid these fees unless you have a Student/Graduate or Golden Years(66+) account. 

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Hi Megan

It might be more simple but I feel it is also a lot more expensive personally speaking. Anyway that's my feedback on it, for what it's worth.

Advertisement