Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dodgy Planning Permission

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

The website has updated and now provides that the CoCo have sought further information from the applicant.

Looking forward to seeing what information they're referring to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    The website has updated and now provides that the CoCo have sought further information from the applicant.

Looking forward to seeing what information they're referring to!

Check if they have uploaded the letter they sent

Check if they have uploaded the letter they sent

Nope, not yet! There seems to be a delay of 7 days from when the other documents were issued to when they were subsequently uploaded.

Should an IPC licence be required for a quarry?

An update re the planning permission!

The most recent request for further information has been published, and the CoCo wants clarity re the following:

1. The profile of the ground water level monitoring shows a significant difference in the ground water levels between borehole 1 and borehole 3, i.e. approx 3m over a distance of approx 100m. This is a significant hydraulic gradient that requires validation and a scientific explanation. Please examine and compare the data used in the delineation of the Source Protection Zone which was commissioned by the National Federation of Group Water Schemes and approved by GSI.

2. The proposed excavation level of the quarry is 98m. The is below the winter water table level at BH 1. The abstraction and drainage of groundwater will have to be regulated in this instance. As the proposed area is located in a drinking water source protection area, this may pose a significant risk to the quality of water and may affect the zone of contribution of the abstraction. This would require careful examination and regulation and this is not properly addressed in the proposal.

3. The proposed restoration plan will replace 500mm of overburden on the excavated quarry floor at 98mOD. This will render the groundwater vulnerability as 'extreme' in terms of the GSI classification. This creates a high risk for pollution transmission to the underlying groundwater. A depth of 3-5 metres of overburden would be classified as a 'high' vulnerability and this would be more suitable, however, minimal depth of protection for the water supply.

4. Please give an approx. figure in tonnes/cubic metres of material to be removed in total from the application site area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Ginger83

The level of incompetence and then ignorance in some councils is amazing.

Ginger83 wrote: »
    The level of incompetence and then ignorance in some councils is amazing.

It seems like double Dutch to me if I'm being honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Ginger83

It seems like double Dutch to me if I'm being honest!

How can you appeal if a decision has not been made yet?

I can't! I'll need to wait until a decision has been made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

There is a window to make a ‘submission’ to the local authority which the OP tells us has now past. It is generally necessary to show evidence of having made a submission in order to subsequently lodge an appeal against a decision to an bord pleanala.

Without having in the first instance made a submission, your options to intervene / object to the development are significantly narrowed.

Lenar3556 wrote: »
    There is a window to make a ‘submission’ to the local authority which the OP tells us has now past. It is generally necessary to show evidence of having made a submission in order to subsequently lodge an appeal against a decision to an bord pleanala.

Without having in the first instance made a submission, your options to intervene / object to the development are significantly narrowed.

In my circumstances, it actually doesn't make a difference as I own adjoining land.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 murt75

Just so you are aware, article 29(3) of the P&D regs clearly states that submissions made after the 5 weeks are not allowed and must be returned, so the PA had no choice in the matter.

murt75 wrote: »
    Just so you are aware, article 29(3) of the P&D regs clearly states that submissions made after the 5 weeks are not allowed and must be returned, so the PA had no choice in the matter.

No choice as to what? I haven't tried to appeal the proposed development?

No choice as to what? I haven't tried to appeal the proposed development?

Sorry I wasn't clear, they had no choice in not taking in account when making their decision the information in your email regarding the neighboring house. You will have to apply to ABP for leave to appeal the decision of the PA, if you are not happy with the decision. The applicant now has six months to return the further information to the PA, and the PA has 4 weeks after that to make a decision.

Sorry I wasn't clear, they had no choice in not taking in account when making their decision the information in your email regarding the neighboring house. You will have to apply to ABP for leave to appeal the decision of the PA, if you are not happy with the decision. The applicant now has six months to return the further information to the PA, and the PA has 4 weeks after that to make a decision.

No bother at all, thanks for your input!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

The submission window reopens after further information is received. If people have already made an observation, they can comment again without having to pay the €20 fee. I can't remember if new observations are permitted at that time.

Caranica wrote: »
    The submission window reopens after further information is received. If people have already made an observation, they can comment again without having to pay the €20 fee. I can't remember if new observations are permitted at that time.

Only if the further information is deemed by the PA as significant, this will also require a new site notice a newspaper ad.

Advertisement