Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid schools thread (again)

Options
  • 03-03-2021 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Want to dispute a sanction I've had in the Covid schools thread. I replied to a poster and called them out for spreading and repeating misinformation and Necro gave myself and the other poster a sanction:
    Necro wrote: »
    Mod:

Both of you take the next 24hrs off the thread, I'm sick of the bickering between you

I've discussed it with Necro by PM. I'm not very active on the thread so 24 hours isn't a problem, but I don't feel like my post warranted a sanction, and definitely not when I have reported posts for aggression, misinformation and panic spreading before and other posters have not been sanctioned. I'd also like to know which part of the charter supports sanctioning me?

Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Only cards and forum bans can be appealed in the Dispute Resolution Forum. Moved to Help Desk

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Lillyfae wrote: »
    but I don't feel like my post warranted a sanction

Most people don't.

and definitely not when I have reported posts for aggression, misinformation and panic spreading before and other posters have not been sanctioned.

Not sure how you feel that grants you immunity.

I'd also like to know which part of the charter supports sanctioning me?

Fuzzy rules are a feature, not a bug. The back and forth bickering is incessant in that thread. There have been multiple mod warnings, including an admin warning from me for everybody to cop on. Yet the bickering still continues.

Necro was being generous with a 24 hour thread ban IMO. As per my admin warning a while back, I'm permanently threadbanning posters who don't engage in a modicum of civil discourse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement