Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hive Question

• 03-03-2021 10:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Hi

My sister is moving home this weekend she has hive installed in old house can she change Account details to leave it available for new owner

Like register a new generic email and password she does not want to leave her old email and password as login for hive

Thx
    Xl500

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Reset it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭xl500

Reset it..

No that doesn't work Mac Address is tied to her account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

xl500 wrote: »
    No that doesn't work Mac Address is tied to her account

Should be able to reset in app, set up In a dummy account, set up.a Gmail or whatever put on that. Then leave code and address for new owner

Should be able to reset in app, set up In a dummy account, set up.a Gmail or whatever put on that. Then leave code and address for new owner

Thanks but I think there's an issue with them send you phone txt to authorize so your phone is still on the account is all over the web that they have to get new hub seems a scam that you can't transfer to new owner I did think if setting up generic email and password and give that to new owner but no joy

Thanks for your help

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Easiest option is to call Hive helpdesk and they will change accounts for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Darando

What I was told....You take the hub with you as tied to your email address (not thermostat, valves etc.. leave them in the house), new owner buys a new hub for 70€ or so and pairs them with the newly registered hub.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Darando wrote: »
    What I was told....You take the hub with you as tied to your email address (not thermostat, valves etc.. leave them in the house), new owner buys a new hub for 70€ or so and pairs them with the newly registered hub.

Told by whom?

The reason that I ask is that my neighbour had no bother switching account for a new property that he bought, or so he informed me.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Darando

Hive support before, but OP should ring them I guess to confirm what they advise?

Darando wrote: »
    Hive support before, but OP should ring them I guess to confirm what they advise?

thanks. Just wondering if my neighbour was bull-pooing me.

I haven't been presented with this problem yet, but sooner or later a customer is going to ask me that question.

Thanks For Replies

She Ended taking Hub as advised by Solicitor who had come across it several times

Hive still works as normal Timer T stat but if new owner wants smart function they will have to buy new hub and set up Hive Account

• Advertisement

If you want to do that, you really need to reset the system into 'stand alone mode' if not you may find battery drain etc.

Stand alone mode:
    Remove arteries from Hive stat
    Power up receiver
    Hold CH button for 10-12 seconds, light will single flash pink (if still flashing amber, re-hold for another 10-12 seconds)
    Put batteries back in Hive stat, hold middle on LH button to factory reset, release and allow to pair with receiver

Hive is now in standalone, and not looking for Hub

DGOBS wrote: »
    If you want to do that, you really need to reset the system into 'stand alone mode' if not you may find battery drain etc.

Stand alone mode:
    Power up receiver
    Hold CH button for 10-12 seconds, light will single flash pink (if still flashing amber, re-hold for another 10-12 seconds)
    Put batteries back in Hive stat, hold middle on LH button to factory reset, release and allow to pair with receiver

Hive is now in standalone, and not looking for Hub
    Does that mean that stat can communicate with receiver but has no WiFi control?

DGOBS wrote: »

Stand alone mode:
    Power up receiver

Hive is now in standalone, and not looking for Hub[/quote

Yes thanks for that I did look it up and put the hive in stand alone mode worked fine

Were, yes to stat and receiver talk in standalone (just using zigbee) and doesn't search for a hub.

You can also but a wired version of the Hive receiver (for combi with just a prog stat) and only requires live in/out, as used the batter to switch, and a hub (no receiver)

Advertisement