Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please if anyone knows, Mediation/seperation

• 03-03-2021 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi all, im most probably heading into a mediation situation soonish. My wife of 30 years says she has no feelings for me anymore, im devastated by this. We have 2 adult children living with us currently. Can anyone advise me as to mediation costs, is it possible to get advice as how to engage with a mediator? as in how to obviously get best deal for yourself. We are currently communicating but things are on thin ice, but i obviously dont want to pay for some solicitors pension fund.
    i am really quite alone and lost right now so any useful advice here or pm would be very much appreciated. Im surprised how few resources there are online for seperated males when there are no children involved, any links appreciated. Any idea on how much a one off consultation with a brief would be? thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/separation_and_divorce/family_mediation_service.html

https://www.legalaidboard.ie/en/our-services/family-mediation/

the family mediation services are free. It provided by/ funded by the Legal Aid Board & there are waiting times - call and check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Hi all, im most probably heading into a mediation situation soonish. My wife of 30 years says she has no feelings for me anymore, im devastated by this. We have 2 adult children living with us currently. Can anyone advise me as to mediation costs, is it possible to get advice as how to engage with a mediator? as in how to obviously get best deal for yourself. We are currently communicating but things are on thin ice, but i obviously dont want to pay for some solicitors pension fund.
    i am really quite alone and lost right now so any useful advice here or pm would be very much appreciated. Im surprised how few resources there are online for seperated males when there are no children involved, any links appreciated. Any idea on how much a one off consultation with a brief would be? thanks all.

Hi OP
    PM sent, take care of yourself
    Newman

Advertisement