Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I still get mixed up when I hear the beginning of Drew's and Sheamus' entrances. They sound similar

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Raw was awful and Im at the point where I wont be attenoting to watch next week. It takes a lot to push me away.

Sheamus and Huberto was the only segment I enjoyed and that was decent rather than great. Everything else is just woeful.

You name it, I hated it and with good cause.

Drew should be straight up feuding with Bobby. Shoehorning Braun is a huge negative on an already unsatisfying feud that could be so much better.

They tear down the Hurt Business for no legit reason. Awful.

The add Corbin...awful.

They place Mace and T Bar into the feud after Corbins dine.... meh.

The add Braun, whos matches and promos havent changed in forever. All predictable, all unnatural and non organic and all boring..... huge go away heat.

Raw is just not worth my time. Id rather watch.... anything.

So Bray came back for a couple weeks before Mania and disappears again?
    I know we have the whole Alexa thing but still

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ThePott

This might genuinely be my first time not watching Raw in over 5 years. Caught some clips on Reddit and read what it says, I feel liberated tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A Wrestlemania rematch which will probably lead to another Wrestlemania rematch at Wrestlemania Backlash.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Let's hope New Day don't win here, no need for another tag title reign yet

Omas is 7ft 4 but am I right in thinking he's tied 2nd with Andre the Giant with Giant Gonzaelez at 8ft in the list of tallest wrestlers in wwe/f

Eva Marie finally coming back

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Eva Marie finally coming back

To boost Raw ratings and help with firings, but who to feud with, pair with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They get rid of Mickie and The IIconics and bring back Eva Maire.

Totally makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Does seem a bit strange that they got rid of the likes of Mickie only to bring in Eva Marie. And keep performers like Dana Brooke around, that hand spring elbow corner spot was actually embarrassing to watch.

Still, Lily is around I guess. RAW sucks so much.

Eve bloody Marie. She still sounds like an android.

So they interview MVP twice about the same match? I know the first time was along with Lashley, but still.

And I find it funny they advertise an exclusive interview with Drew.

Mansoor seems a random choice to bring up out of nowhere. I don't think he's lost a match by pin or submission yet, or not for a long time anyway.

And Eva Marie? Yeah. I'm assuming she struck a deal with regard social media since isn't she active on there?

Ah, Drew Gulak going from working with Bryan and AJ to getting a rose shoved up his a$$.

Oh and is it me or those tomatoes not very rotten looking? I guess WWE just has different definitions. Where rotten = good and good = rotten. So the tomatoes are rotten and Raw is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Does seem a bit strange that they got rid of the likes of Mickie only to bring in Eva Marie. And keep performers like Dana Brooke around, that hand spring elbow corner spot was actually embarrassing to watch.

Still, Lily is around I guess. RAW sucks so much.

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1389382914090098694

Why is Alexa with Lily not in the title hunt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cotts72

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why is Alexa with Lily not in the title hunt?

Careful now or they'll have lily become women's champion

I hate Braun's beard.

To be fair to Dana, that's partially on Charlotte who was slow by the look of it. Though Dana should've just gone ahead with the move.
    It's like when guys climb to the top rope only to have the plan of jumping down which is then turned into a chokeslam or something that catches them. Can only assume their top rope plans involved a double axe handle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

listen, I dip in and out of WWE very rarely nowadays. it's a whole heap of shít, and not aimed at me. so whatever.

Roman Reigns and the Tribal Chief stuff on SD is some of the best stuff they've done in ages, but honestly, that's about it.

but i had to pop in to say...

that Mansoor burial.

for the love of fúcking Christ. the fúcking incompetence of this fúcking company who can never go out of fúcking business because of their fúcking monopoly. they are incredible.

why boot the fúcker and try to get more heat on Sheamus, when he has the biggest win streak in the company? can you not try something with him? can you not even try for a few weeks? why do you have to establish from the outset that he is no threat, at the hands of a guy who is never going to be any more than he is right now - whether he wins or loses; or has a belt or doesn't?

i honestly could not fúcking believe this when I saw it. just trolling idiocy. and i know Vince did it to stick 2 fingers up at the likes of me, to tell me that none of this matters because it's all 'entertainment', but good God.

but Vince can't lose, so he'll never get his comeuppance for this fúcking nonsense.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Any sign of Bray?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,936 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So can Eva Marie wrestle even somewhat decently now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,936 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Let's hope New Day don't win here, no need for another tag title reign yet

Omas is 7ft 4 but am I right in thinking he's tied 2nd with Andre the Giant with Giant Gonzaelez at 8ft in the list of tallest wrestlers in wwe/f

Giant Gonzales wasn’t 8ft tall. He’s in the Guinness book of records at 7 ft 7(still very very tall) and given he played in the NBA we know his real height. Just going on the wrestle mania III staredown andre doesn’t look 7 inches taller than hogan going by wwe supposed heights. I realise I’m trying to add logic to pro wrestling but it’s still important to note it.

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Careful now or they'll have lily become women's champion

I'll take Lily as champ over many of the other Raw female roster

Get Bray dressed as Lily back as the champ :p

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I want to see Omas vs Azeez main event WrestleMania 38 in a Hell in a Cell, TLC, 60 minute Ironman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ThePott

Second week not watching Raw. Wondering if those Youtube Highlight compilations are a decent substitute.

I see they dusted off the old Emma-lina gimmick for Eva Marie. FFS, didn't even sound like a decent promo when it was pre-recorded. This is less hype train and more train wreck already.

Is Sonya Deville basically a corrupt official on Charlotte's side now? Did Garza shove a rose up Gulak's hole? Are they splitting up Shelton and Cedric already so they can have a stock feud and then never use either of them as is tradition? Also, where's the Fiend? Have they just replaced him with Alexa now?

They gave Mansoor this big long streak, called him up and then immediately ended it. How creative. Wonder if he'll even be used again.

I hope at the very least that avoiding Raw till the PPV might make the match-ups seem fresh because it seems like it's just Bobby/Drew/Braun ad naseum.
    Honestly if Raw wasn't so boring it would be some sort of subversive deconstructionist art.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So can Eva Marie wrestle even somewhat decently now ?

She's been training in secret for years under the apprenticeship of a cabal of Joshi legends.

But in all seriousness, she's 36. She isn't suddenly gonna get good now. So if she wrestles we'll see more of this...

tumblr_n43rpgkGsn1trnp1xo4_250.gif

Better to try her in a Scarlett, Zelina, Lana role. But she's so wooden even that will be a struggle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

J. Marston wrote: »
    She's been training in secret for years under the apprenticeship of a cabal of Joshi legends.

But in all seriousness, she's 36. She isn't suddenly gonna get good now. So if she wrestles we'll see more of this...

tumblr_n43rpgkGsn1trnp1xo4_250.gif

Better to try her in a Scarlett, Zelina, Lana role. But she's so wooden even that will be a struggle.

See Layla in that clip, really liked her and she was found in that diva search in the mid 00s but improved alot as a wrestler and is still relatively young...

Advertisement