Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    That shouldn’t impact the raw thread TBH. No body posts much about the show just about the state of the product.

It's a sad indictment, especially when you remember the show threads were really active.

Now you'd maybe get the few posts during the show, shout-out to PTH2009. But now it's the day after, after flicking through highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know there were some Tuesdays it would jump multiple pages due to something happening. Though maybe that was a Raw after Mania.

But yeah, we used to have weekly threads that would be multiple pages long. Now we're nearly halfway through the year and only on page 12 (453 posts) of this thread.

Of course the number of posters overall seems to have declined as well

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know there were some Tuesdays it would jump multiple pages due to something happening. Though maybe that was a Raw after Mania.

But yeah, we used to have weekly threads that would be multiple pages long. Now we're nearly halfway through the year and only on page 12 (453 posts) of this thread.

Of course the number of posters overall seems to have declined as well

There used to be a new thread every Monday. Now the most active is it is when a single poster posts a few thoughts.

No one bothers staying up for it because, lets be honest, they have learned the lesson long ago that they will be disappointed.

I cant remember the last Raw where it was a mostly positive show. I would say its been a decade.

Ah we're all just a cynical bunch now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bobby and Drew "contract signing" tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cotts72

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Bobby and Drew "contract signing" tonight

They just need to speed up the inevitable move of putting the belt back on drew for the foreseeable future

Still annoys me how they broke up the hurt business when there was so much potential there. Could have had world champ, tag champs and even put the the US title on someone in the stable

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Contract signings that should go well

wwe don't learn from there mistakes in that regard

Is advertising a contract signing meant to attract viewers?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Not one comment on raw the morning after the show 😀

Clearly that ending left everyone speechless.

So WWE are forgetting their own backstories for characters. The video for Alexa had her referring to her new friend, Lily, even though Alexa already told us she was with her all her life. And I noticed they completely avoided any sign of Bray.

They managed to get Mansoor and Drew Gulak on the show.

And after breaking away from The Hurt Business then beating Shelton twice, they go and have Cedric be beaten by Jeff Hardy. Why?

So Nikki has beaten the number 1 contender and the champion and pinned the champion so does that mean she will be added to the title match?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I barely even read recaps of Raw anymore, let alone watch clips. When I open the Reddit summaries of shows, they often feel copy/pasted from previous weeks, or just stupidly insulting.

Smackdown at least will provide some clips. But Raw just is.....nothing. It's boring.

The Miz/Morrison bit was funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I just watched the ending. I’ve been watching this for 30 years and accept goofy stuff is part of wrestling. But was beyond embarrassing and it’s stuff like that that generally makes me keep my wrestling fandom to myself.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TimesArrow wrote: »
    I just watched the ending. I’ve been watching this for 30 years and accept goofy stuff is part of wrestling. But was beyond embarrassing and it’s stuff like that that generally makes me keep my wrestling fandom to myself.

Which is exactly why their product is failing and loser viewers. It's 2021 the audience is no longer happy to have their intelligence insulted.

You'd forgive it if the payoff was worth the journey but it never is.

Which is exactly why their product is failing and loser viewers. It's 2021 the audience is no longer happy to have their intelligence insulted.

Counter argument to them losing viewers, weekly ratings suggest otherwise, SOMEHOW they've an audience that are happy to sit through inconsistent and illogical **** week after week, despite the flaming dumpster fire creative, and ultimately appeasing an audience of one, who has long ago lost the spark he once had.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Remember that line the WWE fanboys used to say

" if you don't like it turn it off"

For so long people didn't but over last few years people have decided enough was enough.

I wonder what the numbers will be like in a few years for this?

The show will probably still be 3 hours and still utter muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Everything will turn around next week when the Eva-lution begins.

IT'S GAME OVER FOR YOU SUCKERS, EVA MARIE'S BACK :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭kksaints

And I thought Dynamite's main event was bad. There's no excuse for Raw ending in a heap of crap like that.

MVP trying to get Kofi to help Bobby win his HIAC title match perhaps?

I think a New Day heel turn would freshen things up a bit for them, though working with MVP wouldn't be much different than Shelton and Cedric.

• Advertisement

Rykers new look doesn't suite him

The **** was that ending about

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Saw a clip of Alexa/Shayna.

I would say 'poor Shayna', but you know what you're getting at this stage if you sign up to WWE. you can hope all you want that you're going to have your dreams come true, fulfill your goals of becoming a serious professional wrestler, and make money while doing it. but at the end of the day, the only reason to sign for WWE is the guaranteed money. it's long been established that the trade off is that you'll be turned into a joke unless your name is Roman Reigns or Brock Lesnar.

the company is a dump, and the owner is senile. He couldn't book a holiday, never mind a wrestler.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Rykers new look doesn't suite him

The **** was that ending about

He doesn't scream baby face that fans will cheer, he is just meh, might be better trying to push Elias as a face

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It is very easy for me to completely switch off from the product with AEW now.

Even going through this thread nothing interesting ever happens on RAW anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

It is very easy for me to completely switch off from the product with AEW now.

Even going through this thread nothing interesting ever happens on RAW anymore.

This. With the exception of flicking through Wrestlemania I have not watched 5 minutes of WWE in the last 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I expect the thread to be hopping tonight for Eva's re-debut.

Have to admit, the cropping for the Eva Marie picture in that tweet is pretty eye catching

Award winning opening this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ThePott

Saw the Eva Marie debut, not even WWE watch NXT UK apparently.
    Or at least not enough to know who Piper Niven is.

Advertisement