Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Cotts72

That Rollins segment was pointless..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Such a lame Raw so far.

Brock turning makes zero sense from a storyline standpoint which is supposedly what this is all about. At every juncture the Bloodline have screwed Brock out of the titles. Why on earth would he screw over one of their main opposers now at this point.

It will also make Cody look like an absolute idiot after having his arm around him at the start of the show like some sort of fanboy but... Vince may very well be about to Vince.

Oh **** off WWE.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

It wouldn’t be a wrestlemania weekend without a traditional f*ck you to the fans by Vince McMahon.

I could understand Brock helping Cody to a title and then turning on him, but this is designed to piss people off and that’s it.

• Advertisement

I mean it literally had Brock flipping the double bird to end the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Well that’s me done for another year, if not longer.

Looking forward to seeing where that young upstart Lesnar is by the time I tune in again, perhaps he’ll get a title shot some day…

• Registered Users Posts: 86,486 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

FU to the "Universe"

What now Cody to get past Brock before he can get Roman again, I thought Brock vs. Gunther might be build up for Summerslam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'd like to think that this will be worth it with Cody winning, but I remember Punk vs Lesnar all too well. The former winning made sense there too, but Vince simply cannot compute guys of their size beating Brock.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Post edited by The White Wolf on

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Snorlaxx

If it makes anyone feel better, it was just as shite in person there tonight as it probably was on TV

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Rinse and repeat Vince is back baby.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I honestly hold out no hope until rumble 2024.

To the surprise of no one Vince was back in gorilla making tonnes of changes. And that's it for me I think. Can't deal with that egomaniac ruining everything again when you see how things can be with him removed from creative.

Yeah I re subscribed to the network at the rumble but just cancelled this morning. There’s no stakes as backlash will have no world title match.

MITB will be used as a joke again this year. How they continue to give a 77 year old man power beyond his means is beyond me.

Given Ari Emmanuel is the guy who inspired Ari Gold, it's no wonder he'd give Vincent Price a renewed lease of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

This week on The Joe Rogan Show

UFC owners just bought a controlling interest in WWE

UFC Poster Boy beats the **** out of the prodigal son

DEAL WITH IT!!!

I don't even need the network as I can watch the shows through other means for no extra cost but was keeping it cos the young fella liked watching old shows etc. Can't see that continuing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What an awful show.

Cpdy loses at Mania, and politely asks for a rematch. By the end of the night, he’s been shuffled off to a new feud. Sami and KO obviously don’t care enough to save him this week, either, despite helping him for weeks. Guess they don’t like Cody, but just really dislike the Usos 😂

Poor Cody.

It was horrendous from start to finish...not one debut,no NXT callups..just Vince thinking he's knows what's best for business per usual

How are Raquel and Liv getting a tag title shot over Ronda and Shayna who beat team.and 3 other teams to win the 4 way tag match the night before..

I gave up on WWE last year because of Vince and it looks like I'll be doing the same again and focusing on AEW. The triple h era is no more

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Vince is back, baby!

30 minutes of wrestling. Pointless segments. Ribs on the fans.

I said it yesterday - he's doing the 'overcome obstacles' angle for Cody, because in his head he gets the best of both worlds. he gets his more than 1000 day reign for his chosen one, Roman Reigns, and he gets to do his Cena/Rock storyline again. Now, I didn't think he'd basically rehash the exact Cena storyline, but there you go. Cody will go over Brock, like Extreme Rules 2012. And then he'll have to fight through the Bloodline all the way to Wrestlemania.

Just a ridiculous show that destroyed a lot of the goodwill they've built up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Shame, WWE has actually been watchable for a few months but it WM night 2 was the nail, last night was the hammer that Vince is fully back and WWE is sh1t again.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

and bear in mind, Roman will be doing limited dates. so Bloodline material, where Paul and Roman seem to have extensive creative control, will be scarce enough. in theory, the company are meant to be relying quite heavily on Cody.

The difference between that angle 10 years ago and now is that Cena had already been at the top of the mountain multiple times over. Cena losing his confidence amid the biggest loss of his career was somewhat interesting; Cody losing it not so much because he's never been up there in the first place.

Even if Cody beats Brock, which I'm having a hard time believing, it means he should be getting a title shot now, and not waiting until Mania next year or even SummerSlam this year.

Best case scenario I think Brock v Cody could be a very long feud throughout the year, with Brock beating him once or even twice before Cody finally beats him and moves on to Roman again.

I'm going to assume the storyline being heyman arranged for Brock to attack Cody with the promise that they'd reconsider his non title match clause ...Cody v Brock at backlash then for No1 contender

Nah you are giving Vince wayyyyyy too much credit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I dunno, Vince immediately working to undo the roadblock stopping Brock vs Reigns #3241 sounds about right 😂

You're right, but what kills me is the "overcome obstacles" story was already built up to perfection. Cody was labeled a midcarder, and left to prove them wrong. Came back hotter than ever, and suffered a massive injury. Came back again, won the Rumble and had to overcome Roman and the Bloodline.

They've literally never had such a perfect "overcome obstacles" story built, and they fluffed the ending, by deciding they wanted to put one or two more, relatively insignificant, obstacles in front of him. Literally handed the most organically over baby face, bar Danial Bryan, and once again they went "but we want to do this organic moment latter."

In vince we trust...will endeavour be happy when ratings slide

Honestly this Raw was as low as it gets. I’m out. The cycle has to stop. Hopefully people vote with their feet and unsubscribe from peacock, network and stop watching raw.

But I imagine the opposite will happen. With lots of new eyes on the product last night after the announcement of the buy out you’d imagine they pull off all the stops. Instead it felt a giant F you to the fans for enjoying a Vince free product.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I read a summary of Raw, and I didn't even need to see reports that Vince was back calling the shots to know it happened. His **** fingerprints were all over it.

• Advertisement

Bray Wyatt will defo be on the chopping list shortly and expect Kross to be back in gladiator attire by Friday night...NXT 3.0 on the horizon

Advertisement