Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is there a surprise return or call up?

I wonder what now for Priest with Bunny gone

Getting lost in the mid card

Hoping for some sort of surprise but not too confident, i wouldn't put it past them to have Drew win the title tonight off Lashley

Riddle winning the title ?

New guy on the commentator desk, he seems decent

Rhea vs Asuka rematch tonight, im guessing we could see the return of Charlotte to confront the winner

Hey the Viking Raiders are back

Charlotte's back and looking very well tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

here's Cher now. Jesus did she have a load more work done on her face? she's nearly unrecognisable

• Advertisement

Heel Charlotte it is then

• Registered Users Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That was a good promo from Charlotte.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Oh lord this Ripley / Asuka match is beyond woeful. Both should be sent packing.

Miz is one lucky bastard to have a misses like that

So Bliss's doll is the Fiend now ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Night After Mania shows tend to be incredible cause WWE know anything less than incredible will be absolutely destroyed by the post-Mania crowd.

But no crowd means no pressure to produce, so instead you get this show. No surprise debuts, no surprise returns, barely any story progression. Just a Boring, “safe” show.

I watched the episode to see if it would hook me back in a bit after drifting way from Raw in recent times.

It did not. At all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Raw after mania thread didn't even get to 2 pages - shows just how far the stock has dropped.
    J. Marston wrote: »
    "It's time to shake things up around here!" etcetera.

Some nonsense about how there is a power shift with Alexa and Wyatt and how she's in control now.

Lashley/Drew will continue.

Charlotte will probably interrupt Rhea's promo.

Orton or Braun vs Sheamus, maybe.

Damn fine predictions!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So Bliss's doll is the Fiend now ?

I thought it was Bliss who was the new Fiend.

There's a way to do this and it's very simple but it appears they won't even do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭Cotts72

It's like Vince doesn't care anymore. Post mania raw always had a wtf moment.. Brock returning, some big debut etc... Instead Charlotte and viking raiders return. Could they not have brought up nxt superstars, freshen things up a little. Don't get me started on tbar and mace added to the hurt business..

It's literally like GM mode on those raw v smack down computer games.. Generic feuds consistently for weeks on end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Cotts72 wrote: »
    It's like Vince doesn't care anymore. Post mania raw always had a wtf moment.. Brock returning, some big debut etc... Instead Charlotte and viking raiders return. Could they not have brought up nxt superstars, freshen things up a little. Don't get me started on tbar and mace added to the hurt business..

It's literally like GM mode on those raw v smack down computer games.. Generic feuds consistently for weeks on end.

As TSC said there was no post Mania crowd to **** all over it if it was ****. They could just play it safe and boring knowing they control the fans reaction. Was at the Raw after WM 35 and the crowd were behaving themselves compared to other years until The Bar interrupted the Seth Vs Kofi match to make it a tag team and the crowd just shat all over the rest of the match because they ruined a good match.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

I know absolutely no one cares but was it ever explained why Baron Corbin attacked Drew McIntyre 2 weeks ago? Did Corbin even make an appearance at Wrestlemania?

Now T Bar and Mace attacking Drew while Cedric and Shelton jobbing out in the mid card. Creative is all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Corbin was in the Snickers ads.

Yeah, bringing in TBar and Mace was strange considering they've been beat by the team that was kicked out. Just hope MVP helps then turn things around.

Ivar coming back and getting in the way of Erik's 24/7 dreams.

So triple threat at Backlash with Asuka taking the pin?

Forgot to mention the "great" comedy from Nia Jax! How could I forget.
    Then they have Mandy and Dana running away?

To add to the camera cut complaints, going by Charlotte's promo, it seems even the superstars are confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Personally I haven't noticed any more crazy camera cuts lately. But WWE has been like that for years.

They cut on strikes but especially on impact. It's annoying. There is an interesting video on YouTube where someone compares WWE's camera style to NJPW and NJPW clearly does things so much better.

I like to think it allows WWE wrestlers to work softer. Even on TV which the mantra for years was "lay it in more for TV".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

Flicked threw Raw in 20 mins...

Drew vs Lashley again, grreeeatttt!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Personally I haven't noticed any more crazy camera cuts lately. But WWE has been like that for years.

It was something that never massive registered with me till I switched to a show every few weeks. Suddenly, it's a massive annoyance.

I think prolonged viewing desensitizes you to it, a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Officer999 wrote: »
    I know absolutely no one cares but was it ever explained why Baron Corbin attacked Drew McIntyre 2 weeks ago? Did Corbin even make an appearance at Wrestlemania?

Now T Bar and Mace attacking Drew while Cedric and Shelton jobbing out in the mid card. Creative is all over the place.

Prob had something to do with Lashley offering a title shot to anybody who could take Drew out of the Mania main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Looked like Rhea was reading her promo off-screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ThePott

That was woeful. Seriously the Raw after Mania?
    A part of me thought Brock might confront Lashley and boy do I feel stupid.
    Not surprisingly with a PPV name like Wrestlemania Backlash it's a repeat of everything. Except they're adding Charlotte for no reason. We're getting Drew v Lashley again! Priest is feuding with Miz again! Now again having a feud carry on is one thing (although I prefer when Mania is the end of a feud and the Raw after Mania is a fresh start) but WWE are doubling down on things that don't work.

Case in point. We now essentially have two Fiend stories. Except Bliss has a doll now. What absolute twaddle. What do you even do with this story? Giving it this much time on your show and meanwhile not having your new Tag champs or your new US Champ on is ridiculous.
    Then after breaking up the Hurt Business they bring in T-Bar and Mace from a faction that flopped.

I actually think I might skip Raw for a bit. Maybe just stick to Smackdown and the PPVs. This was trash with little to redeem it.

Yeah very disappointing raw after Mania, lets hope SD will be better. Reckon we might see some NXT call ups in the next few weeks

Not a fan of the Wrestlemania name been used for another PPV, 'Wrestlemania Backlash' ffs just call it 'Backlash' like before and leave the Wrestlemania name out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ThePott

Just saw someone point out that if it trends on twitter 'WrestlemaniaBacklash' has some different connotations

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Think I'm done tbh. There's just nothing to keep me watching any more, I'm gonna give Smackdown a whirl but every single RAW is just terrible nowadays. Same guys having matches every week - wasn't the Triple Threat an opportunity to give a new guy or a shock trade an appearance and big push, but they just don't care anymore, so I don't see why I should.

God I'm so sick of it all tbh. I'll give Smackdown a chance but if it's anything like RAW then I'm out for good I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bruce Prichard is killing the WWE.

I assume Alexa will become the Fiend of the women's division and stay away from the men's division. Give one of the women something to do for a bit. Maybe Peyton or Nikki? Remember them?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Bruce Prichard is killing the WWE.

But he’s a yes man. And Vince will keep him around to massage and inflate his ego.

That’s why Heyman and Bischoff never last.

Advertisement